LAX to CPT on award ticket F or C?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2005, 10:20 am
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL
LAX to CPT on award ticket F or C?

Currently planning a trip for a few weeks to South Africa next year, using US miles for a LH award ticket. C is 120K miles, F is 160K. I will probably do a stopover in Germany coming and/or going, so my question is which class to book. I have never flown LH (usually do US or UA to Europe), so apart from the rave reviews of the F terminal in FRA, I really don't know that much about what to expect or whether F is that much better that it's worth an extra 40K miles. Any help here from you LH experts would be appreciated.

As a sidebar question, does anyone know when SAA will join *?
Old Dec 8, 2005, 10:30 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by us2
Currently planning a trip for a few weeks to South Africa next year, using US miles for a LH award ticket. C is 120K miles, F is 160K. I will probably do a stopover in Germany coming and/or going, so my question is which class to book. I have never flown LH (usually do US or UA to Europe), so apart from the rave reviews of the F terminal in FRA, I really don't know that much about what to expect or whether F is that much better that it's worth an extra 40K miles. Any help here from you LH experts would be appreciated.

As a sidebar question, does anyone know when SAA will join *?
LH C to South Africa (both CPT and JNB) is old C (= crappy seats). However, they also have codeshares with SAA, which has a great C class (lie-flat seats, nice IFE). Not sure if you can book that but if you can, you will be happy with SAA C seats.

SmilingBoy.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 12:05 pm

No question, I'd prefer F if I had the choice. But I think it will be quite hard to find some F or C availability to CPT, as it's really sought after at the moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.