Search

LH Biz or Condor Comfort to USA?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2005, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL, SPG Plat., Hilton HH Gold
LH Biz or Condor Comfort to USA?

Hi,

I am going to Florida in December. I need to go somewhere near Daytona Beach. I talk to my travel agent. The cheapest tickets for C class are LH FRA-MIA and DE FRA-MCO. Both are about 1.800€ return. MIA is about 4 hrs drive to Daytona, MCO less than 2 hrs.

My question: How is the DE Comfort Class compared to the LH Business? DE seems to be less reliable when it comes to timing. DE flights seem to be far away from shedules everytime I am at the airport!? Would you rather take the 4 hr drive and go on LH C class?

Thanks for helping!
Old Sep 12, 2005, 7:17 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, BA blue
Take LH biz, it is a greate different between LH biz and Condor comfort class, even when only geetting the old biz.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 7:23 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Why don't you fly to MCO with a combination of LH and UA/US? You could connect in IAD or PHL for instance. You would "even" get an "upgrade" into Domestic F on the intra-US leg. (don't expect too much, flying in the US is a reminder of the old GDR service-wise).
Old Sep 12, 2005, 9:06 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by reiner
Take LH biz, it is a greate different between LH biz and Condor comfort class, even when only geetting the old biz.

Seatwise DE is better than the old C.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by creber
Why don't you fly to MCO with a combination of LH and UA/US?
...because of the price! LH to MIA is 1900€ in C at the moment. Price for FRA-MCO is much higher...
Old Sep 12, 2005, 1:20 pm

Programs: M&M
Originally Posted by reiner
Hi Reiner,

I know that the new LH-biz is hard to beat, compared to the comfort class, but could you explain the difference between the old LH-biz and the comfort class? OK you get more miles, but in my view that´s it? Or am I wrong? I travelled in both classes and the differences that I recognized are minimal.

Oliver
Old Sep 12, 2005, 11:59 pm

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
I flew CC to CMB two weeks ago and found the seats ok (no comparison to new LH C though) but service was mediocre with a rude purser and old-style overhead bins which are mostly occupied by technical or crew stuff. Is was difficult to find space for your hand luggage. IFE is also lame on Condor even with the DVD player. So my vote goes to LH.
Old Sep 13, 2005, 4:06 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Blue, UA Corpse
There are several points to consider:
1. the DE product. DE C is -in my view- not that bad. ^ I flew FRA-YHZ last year and you find a comprehensive trip report here. Althuogh I did not fly in LH new C yet, I think it is far ahead of DE C.
I flew FRA-MIA in April, old C seats were quite worn-out.

2. Miles. Very important point. On LH you get 22 K status miles ^ ^ ^ for FRA-MIA-FRA, on DE some 6000 award (!) miles .

3. price. If you get the LH ZSPEC you will pay € 1.900 p.p.; DE will about € 1.500 ^

4. Time schedule. IIRC DE flight times are awkward (1 a.m.) , and flights are only once or twice a week. LH has daily FRA-MIA service.
^
Enjoy your trip,
fradoc

and I forgot: you may want to upgrade to F...won't work on DE

Last edited by fradoc; Sep 13, 2005 at 4:27 am
Old Sep 13, 2005, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fradoc
Enjoy your trip,
fradoc
and I forgot: you may want to upgrade to F...won't work on DE

Thanks for all the advice! I think I'll go for LH... doesn't look like they'll have the new C in December

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.