Search

cheap biz fares to Thailand?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2005, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON
cheap biz fares to Thailand?

hi folks,

maybe I'm too stupid... I'm looking for business fares departing DUS or FRA to HKT (via BKK or SIN) and all I get are very lousy fares.

I get a ~ 2.500 euro fare for TG (which seems to be as usual) but I'd like to upgrade to F on the return flight so SQ or LH would be nice. apart of that upgrade thing, I don't like the old TG cabin .

I only found fares on OS/LH/SQ starting at 3500 euros. are there no Z fares on FRA/MUC-BKK/SIN vv.?

thanks in advance!

cheers,

ben

PS: travel time should be 01/10-08/10.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 8:26 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by daumueller
hi folks,

maybe I'm too stupid... I'm looking for business fares departing DUS or FRA to HKT (via BKK or SIN) and all I get are very lousy fares.

I get a ~ 2.500 euro fare for TG (which seems to be as usual) but I'd like to upgrade to F on the return flight so SQ or LH would be nice. apart of that upgrade thing, I don't like the old TG cabin .

I only found fares on OS/LH/SQ starting at 3500 euros. are there no Z fares on FRA/MUC-BKK/SIN vv.?

thanks in advance!

cheers,

ben

The lowest I've seen fares on SQ for FRA-SIN is 2,461 Euro for the Summer Business Class Special. Otherwise, my discounted biz tix's that our corp travel agency books have always been around 3,400 Euro (D class IIRC) and full fare 4,300 Euro (C class). Never managed anything cheaper, at least not on SQ. As for LH fares I can't really tell you as I will not use LH if SQ is serving the same route or offers an alternative routing.

2.5K Euro on TG doesn't sound so bad especially if you can secure a seat on the upgraded 744 they normaly use at least 3 times a week (IIRC) for FRA-BKK-FRA operating as TG921/920. This one has a 10 seat F cabin and the new Royal Silk biz class with lie flat seats. Quite nice from what I have heard. Check the TG forum for more info. Upgrading to F with miles/vouchers won't be an option then though.

Cheers ...
Old Jul 26, 2005, 9:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: FB, UA, TG, SU
Lightbulb Other less known business class fare

The cheapest business class fare out of Germany to HKG is at the mo with Turkish Airlines.
Outbound from FRA or DUS on 01.10.2005
Inbound from HKG on 09.10.2005

The fare is EUR 1450.
The routing is however FRA or DUS-IST-HKG-IST-FRA or DUS

The next cheapest Business Class fare I can find from FRA to HKG is EUR 1722 with Gulf Air. Outbound and Inbound flights on your desired dates. The routing is FRANKFURT-BAHRAIN(Change of planes)-BANGKOK-HONG KONG.
You can stop-over in BKK on the way to HKG.
If money is the only factor, Gulf is quite a good alternative.

hi folks,

thanks in advance!

cheers,

ben

Old Jul 26, 2005, 9:43 pm
Suspended

Exclamation Correction

I have to correct the above.
Actually, Turkish Airlines's routing is
FRA or DUS-IST(change of planes)-BKK-HKG(yes, stopover in BKK is possible.
And the Biz class fare is EUR 1259 (EUR 1122 plus Tax EUR 137)
Old Jul 26, 2005, 11:31 pm

Just a little warning about Turkish: On many flights they dont have a 'real' Business Class, just curtain and the standard eco seats or the seats which expand a little- at least for the flights between Germany and IST.
I was on STR-IST and IST-CAI a few weeks ago. Good price. Horrible service. Very unprofessional crew. Baggage in sitting in the aisles during taxi. Boring lounge in IST. Chaos at boarding in STR.
Left a very bad impression.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 12:01 am

Turkish Airlines

Germany - Istanbul in Biz is nothing special, just like all the other products on intra-european routes. But Istanbul - Asia is flown with an Airbus A-340, and they have a quite nice business class (better than the old LH Biz but of course not as good as the new one). Service is not bad either. Given the price, this by far the best value you can get to Asia. They will get a new intercontinental biz-product with the arrival of their new planes which should make the value you get even better. However if you need to fly Star Alliance, you might consider Athens as a starting point for your trip.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 12:31 am

hi folks,

thanks in advance!

cheers,

ben

Maybe you can make a detour via ATH? The LH Fare to BKK is € 1599 plus taxes ex ATH.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 12:46 am
Original Poster

thanks folks. Turkish and Gulf are no options - star nerd and ATH is no option since my gf will kill me for that detour (since she hates "wasting time like that" ). anyway, thanks again for all you input. looks like I will book the TG fare even though I probably won't be seeing the new c-class as they are only using it Mo-We-Fr currently and I will be on the planes on Saturdays

cheers,

ben
Old Jul 27, 2005, 1:11 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
thanks folks. Turkish and Gulf are no options - star nerd and ATH is no option since my gf will kill me for that detour (since she hates "wasting time like that" ). anyway, thanks again for all you input. looks like I will book the TG fare even though I probably won't be seeing the new c-class as they are only using it Mo-We-Fr currently and I will be on the planes on Saturdays

cheers,

ben
Supposedly they are in the process of completing the 2nd 744 with the new seats. According to some info on the TG forum this one is also supposed to fly BKK-FRA-BKK giving that route the new cabin every day. Not sure if that is true or if they would use one for LHR runs (?) but I would post the question in the TG forum. However, still remember that we are talking about TG and surprises regarding equipment are quite common.

Cheers ...
Old Jul 27, 2005, 4:52 am
Suspended

Tg 921

IF you fly on TG 921, which departs on 30.07.2005 from FRA, you will be on a new Biz cabin. TG 923 on the same day is an old one.
But looks like TG 921 is full on the day.

cheers,

ben
Old Jul 27, 2005, 4:55 am
Suspended

On Aug 2, 2005
Aug 4, 2005,
Aug 6, 2005, too TG 921 has new Biz cabin.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by inhiyu66
On Aug 2, 2005
Aug 4, 2005,
Aug 6, 2005, too TG 921 has new Biz cabin.
He wants to travel on Oct 1 to BKK with return on Oct 10 IIRC. No one really knows what equipment TG will be using then for TG921/920.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 6:07 am

Programs: VS Silver, EK Gold, BA GGL/CCR
If you are willing to do a shorter reroute than ATH then consider LHR. LH offers business fares to BKK from LHR for €1600 or less via FRA. Upgradeable with miles and you get to use the F terminal in both directions as you're connecting.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aztec_Flyer
If you are willing to do a shorter reroute than ATH then consider LHR. LH offers business fares to BKK from LHR for €1600 or less via FRA. Upgradeable with miles and you get to use the F terminal in both directions as you're connecting.
I'd even do ATH-LHR-TIP-CAI-FRA-BKK just for the fun but my gf is not too keen on aviation... anyway, TG offers a F class fare which is still less than LH Business so I think I will jump on that one.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 8:43 am
Suspended

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
Your post said cheap biz class to Thailand, why not save your money and miles and get a D class ticket with CI. They have great service and good times to fly which really help avoid jet lag.

They have very good fares out of Germany.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.