Wiki Posts
Search

LX in Miles & More

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2005, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
LX in Miles & More

Has anybody heard anything about LX becoming a M&M partner? Traditionally this has happened some time before an airline joins Star Alliance, as was for example the case of TP etc, where one could earn Status M&M miles before the airline actually joined Star.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 1:39 pm

In May, Swiss informed Travel Club members, that early summer Lufthansa would join Travel Club and it would be possible to earn status miles and redeem miles on LH flights. I think that the same time LX would become a M&M partner.
I only wander what "early summer" means. To me, early summer lasta untill end of July. But since May, I did not hear any additional information. I am concerned, that summer become a fall...

Originally Posted by nomad1974
Has anybody heard anything about LX becoming a M&M partner? Traditionally this has happened some time before an airline joins Star Alliance, as was for example the case of TP etc, where one could earn Status M&M miles before the airline actually joined Star.
Old Jun 26, 2005, 4:28 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by chris1
In May, Swiss informed Travel Club members, that early summer Lufthansa would join Travel Club and it would be possible to earn status miles and redeem miles on LH flights. I think that the same time LX would become a M&M partner.
I only wander what "early summer" means. To me, early summer lasta untill end of July. But since May, I did not hear any additional information. I am concerned, that summer become a fall...
As long LX Travel club and LH M&L stay two seperate FFP, the acceptance of each program to earn miles with an aditional airline partner only brings profit for their customers. But when TC goes up into M&L ( what I think will happen) they lose some good program offers. No other FFP other than TC offers deals like the 10k bonus per segment in may x3 , x4 miles promotions like now.
Old Jun 26, 2005, 12:35 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I think the OP is referring to when can M&M members earn miles and status miles on LX and vice versa, rather than when will the programs merge.
Old Jun 26, 2005, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Mileage accrual on LX for M&M members (and vice versa) can only start once the European Commission has given LH the green light for the aquisition and integration of LX. While this green light was expected in mid-June (read: early summer), the decision has now been postponed until July 8. Nothing will happen before that date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.