Wiki Posts
Search

New F-/HON-Lounge in MUC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2005, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, AF FB Platinum
New F-/HON-Lounge in MUC

On July 25th will take place the opening party for the new F-/HON-Lounge in MUC opposite to the SEN-Lounge. Further service will be a special valet parking, rental-car-return, check-in and Fast lanes. Till ende of 2005 LH will offer a limousione transfer to all planes with an apron position.
Old Jun 24, 2005, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by SenAOI
On July 25th will take place the opening party for the new F-/HON-Lounge in MUC opposite to the SEN-Lounge. Further service will be a special valet parking, rental-car-return, check-in and Fast lanes. Till ende of 2005 LH will offer a limousione transfer to all planes with an apron position.
Cool. I'll check it out on I return to MUC in August. ^
Old Jun 24, 2005, 9:22 pm

On July 25th will take place the opening party for the new F-/HON-Lounge in MUC opposite to the SEN-Lounge.
What exactly means "opposite to the SEN-Lounge"? And, more important, which level are we talking about here, Schengen or Non-Schengen?

Or are we talking about 2 Lounges, one on each level?

Ok, ok let me dream for just one night.
Old Jun 24, 2005, 10:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ulev
What exactly means "opposite to the SEN-Lounge"? And, more important, which level are we talking about here, Schengen or Non-Schengen?
The new facility is on the "Schengen" level (as LH offers only a couple of flights in three class configuration ex MUC, I think it is too costly to offer another HON Circle/First Class Lounge on "Non-Schengen" level).

The location is easy to spot, SenAOI description opposite to the SEN Lounge hits the nail. Actually you can't miss it!
Old Jun 24, 2005, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ulev

Or are we talking about 2 Lounges, one on each level?

Ok, ok let me dream for just one night.

There will be just one F-/HON-lounge opposite to the Schengen (G)-Level.
But U have to use the toilets and bathrooms of the SEN-lounge for the next future, because this facility will just be temporarily till the own F-/HON-terminal is ready. When .... ??????
Old Jun 25, 2005, 4:20 am

Anyone who will join the inauguration party on July 25?
Old Jun 25, 2005, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Kerstin Ruf
The new facility is on the "Schengen" level....!
Thanks for the info Kerstin andSenAOI . Schengen is definitly better than Non-Schengen.

Originally Posted by Kerstin Ruf
The location is easy to spot, SenAOI description opposite to the SEN Lounge hits the nail. Actually you can't miss it!
I can miss anything,believe me. You wouldn't believe how many things I couldn't have missed and still have. As I mostly use the backdoor entrance to the SEN lounge directly after security (at least when the card reader works), "opposite" probably has a different meaning to me and would be more like on the other side of the big hall, directly underneath the Non Schengen SEN lounge. But I am sure I will have found it by Xmas.

Actually much more important to me than the lounge (as mostly I am not connecting in MUC) are the other services, especially rental car drop off (which is a constant nuisance in MUC since Terminal 2), preferred check in and security. Is there more information available on the hows and whereabouts? Or is it as much a mystery as it was in FRA last October?
Old Jun 27, 2005, 2:53 am
Original Poster

With the invitation to the opening party in MUC I received some informations about priority checkin, security-control, valet parking and limousine service to and from the airplane if it is outside positioned. Everything shall start in autumn. But there haven't been more informations. Let's wait and see. But this is a real progress in MUC.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 6:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
But this is a real progress in MUC.
MUC is pretty good already. Compared to the zoo when LH was in T1, even the slightly crowded T2 schengen facilities are heaven. They should do something about the car rental area.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
MUC is pretty good already. Compared to the zoo when LH was in T1, even the slightly crowded T2 schengen facilities are heaven. They should do something about the car rental area.
@oliver2002
I mean, that this will be a real progress for F-Class-Pax and HONs in MUC, because the Schengen SEN-Lounge very often is absolutely crowded with *G-members. And after beeing SEN for years and years, I don't like the Leberkäs any longer. But the MUC-"Kartoffelsalat" keeps to be one of the best around.
Cheers Luigi
Old Jun 27, 2005, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CubaLibre
Anyone who will join the inauguration party on July 25?
Sorry, no. I've got the invitation but IMO it isn't worth to fly from AOI to MUC just for joining the party.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 10:06 am
Uli

dont forget, this lounge will be run by LSG, and they will try to fight against the LH F terminal in FRA which is operated by Do & Co.

Last edited by Uli; Aug 23, 2005 at 11:01 am
Old Jun 27, 2005, 12:24 pm

Programs: QR Gold, LH FTL, AB Silver, BA Silver, OK+Blue,PC Plat, SPG Plat, HH DIA, TK Gold (working on black)
With the invitation to the opening party in MUC I received some informations about priority checkin, security-control, valet parking and limousine service to and from the airplane if it is outside positioned. Everything shall start in autumn. But there haven't been more informations. Let's wait and see. But this is a real progress in MUC.
Did anybody else notice that the line in front of the first class security-control is almost always the longestin MUC? OK at least you are not waiting with the tourists, hope that makes up for the longer waiting time
Old Jun 27, 2005, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

The problems with the MUC F-/-security-control are very well known by the LH airport management. But as I've heard, it's very hard to brief the non-LH-wardens correctly. Mostly they don't look exactly on the BP and don't check the status. IMO they don't mind about that. Therefore smart people are using the F-/C-line and causing those queues. O don't know how LH will solve this problem, but they have to do. Otherwise those new achievement will be bulls.....
Old Jun 28, 2005, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Uli
dont forget, this lounge will be run by LSG, and they will try to fight against the LH F terminal in FRA which is operated by Do & Co.

this means, LSG will show the best they can ... and this is a lot.

as a disadvantage, this is still an interim facilitiy, so the lounge does not even have own restrooms. also it is not possible to prepare fresh food as the kitchen are is very very limited.
You're absolutely right uli, having the chance to serve pax in the new MUC F-/HON-lounge will be a very big chance for LSG, because there will be a direct comparison between FRA and MUC. On the other side the possibility serving nice food will be smaller because of the lack of a real kitchen.Let's wait and see. I'll post my experiences as soon as possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.