Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Access to Senator lounge when not flying *A

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2005, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Access to Senator lounge when not flying *A

Basic question I know but I have not found the answer. If I am 'transiting' DUS out on BA and back same day on BA, will my Senator card get me into any LH lounges ?

Are the LH lounges at DUS woth looking for, or would I do as well in the BA lounge ?
Old May 23, 2005, 8:27 am

The BA lounges at DUS seem at lot better to me than any of the LH lounges. In addition, you might not be able to reach the LH lounges from BA's departure area.
Old May 23, 2005, 8:33 am

Yes you can use the SEN lounge even when flying BA.
Old May 23, 2005, 10:34 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by ginno
The BA lounges at DUS seem at lot better to me than any of the LH lounges. In addition, you might not be able to reach the LH lounges from BA's departure area.
exactly.

LH departs from A gates and there is a checkpoint, making sure only LH customers get there.

cheers,

ben
Old May 23, 2005, 11:05 am

If you tell tem you want to use the lounge you shouldn´t have a problem.
Old May 23, 2005, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Tim2008
If you tell tem you want to use the lounge you shouldn´t have a problem.
well, never tried it in DUS since I always have a LH ticket there but I wouldn't count on it since the official rule says "only star ticketed passengers"
Old May 23, 2005, 12:34 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Has the rule changed? I thought SEN could use LH operated lounge at any time, as long as have access to the relevant part of terminal.
Old May 23, 2005, 1:50 pm

I had some 4U flights in the last weeks and had no problem accessing the LH lounges.
Old May 23, 2005, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Has the rule changed? I thought SEN could use LH operated lounge at any time, as long as have access to the relevant part of terminal.
that's the point, LH uses an own part of the terminal so he would have to clear security twice etc. which might cause problems.

anyway, it seems to work according to tim
Old May 23, 2005, 4:09 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by daumueller
that's the point, LH uses an own part of the terminal so he would have to clear security twice etc. which might cause problems.

anyway, it seems to work according to tim
no problem !! you just must have the time for 2 security checks.
I did this bevore I was BA gold , but you should calculate from gate A lounge to gate B depature up to 20 minutes! Due to many people at the security check you need sometime 10min there.
But anyhow, the BA lounge at Terminal B ( is also operated by SWISS ) is much better than the LH lounge ! It´s so large, that I never saw it 50% full.
It´s located on the first floor, when you enter the part B20-B30 on the right hand site.
Old May 23, 2005, 5:29 pm

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
A couple of months ago I was asked by the MUC warden (not "The" warden) for my boarding pass in addition to my SEN card. I had an LH BP, but I wanted to verify that rules had not changed since it was the first time I was asked for a BP, at least in the last 3-4 years. She replied that she wanted to verify my identity... I didn't have much time to keep on discussing about it.
Old May 23, 2005, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by andre1970
A couple of months ago I was asked by the MUC warden (not "The" warden) for my boarding pass in addition to my SEN card. I had an LH BP, but I wanted to verify that rules had not changed since it was the first time I was asked for a BP, at least in the last 3-4 years. She replied that she wanted to verify my identity... I didn't have much time to keep on discussing about it.
Just show your ID card if you have no boarding pass. Two weeks ago I was invited by LH to FRA and I´m not sure if I would have been allowed to use the lounges as it was a "free" ticket in N class. I just showed my SEN and ID card and was able to enter the lounge.
Old May 24, 2005, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
My SEN propaganda leaflet says the same. And I never ever had problems
accessing the SEN lounges with an LX or BA boarding pass.
However they always wanted to see the BP, knows the heck why.
Old May 26, 2005, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by weero
However they always wanted to see the BP, knows the heck why.
Because they want to make sure that the SEN card is your own and not borrowed by a friend who is not flying on that day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.