Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to M&M Mileage Accrual - Time to switch?

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2005, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA *Gold
Changes to M&M Mileage Accrual - Time to switch?

Hi,

I am an LH FT, based in the US. I noted on my last UA flight that LH has cut the mileage accrual for most booking classes in Economy to 50%. Given that Mileage Plus still offers 100% accrual on those booking classes, and given I don't fly C often enough to take advantage of the 200% accrual on LH vs. the 150% on UA, I think it is time to switch to MP instead of M&M. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Also looks like the required mileage for *A Silver is 25k on UA, vs. 35k on LH ... I appreciate any feedback.

Cheers
Raoul
Old May 3, 2005, 10:21 pm

Good morning,

these changes are in effect since August 1, 2004 and there are several threads about M&M vs. MP ...
Old May 4, 2005, 2:23 am

Not true, changes to discount ECO miles on United was only from Apr 2005 and even then they (LH) kept pretty quiet about it. The only benefit I can see from being in MM rather than MP is two year status, but for sure if was US based I'd be on MP
Old May 4, 2005, 2:39 am

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
right... it is time to change for US-based elites. also the elite bonus is higher on m+ for economy. unless you are earning miles thru milesandmore partners that are not m+ partners (air india, mexican, condor...) forget about m&m.
Old May 4, 2005, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
To maintain their mental sanity, all U.S. based *A FFs flying UA or LH metal on Economy fares should definitely credit their flights to MP instead of MM.

Under most circumstances, crediting flights to MM is an alternative only for paid F and C.
Old May 4, 2005, 3:55 am

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
hi berki,
the mileage accrual within M&M program for UA Y flights have been reduced since 1st april 2005 IIRC. Am i Wrong?

cheers
luke
Old May 4, 2005, 4:20 am

In my reply I was referring to this part of the OP:

... that LH has cut the mileage accrual for most booking classes in Economy to 50%. ...
- and yes, when it comes to UA flights credited to M&M, those changes are in effect since April 1, 2005.
Old May 4, 2005, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA *Gold
Thanks much for the responses ... the accrual change I referred to was indeed as of April 1st 2005; that and the fact M&M apparently did not t communicated pushed me over the edge, and I was on my way to SEN this year until now ... so, a likely goodbye to M&M

Cheers
Raoulsch

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.