Search

1 hr too little?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2005, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1P, Delta GM, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver
Cool 1 hr too little?

Hi everyone,

I'm travelling from ORD to PHL on US flight #296 with an ETA in PHL of 5:10, the problem is I'm scheduled for LH flight #427 from PHL-FRA-FCO (May 10) and the time between the ETA of the first flight and the departure time of the second flight is only an hour ? Any seasoned travellers have any advice on whether that's enough time to make it to my LH flight? I'm not checking any bags and I have no problem running through the airport (I'm 21) but I was wondering whether LH would close checkin and leave me without my $134+ OW fare. I'm very familiar with the airport but I've never had to change from a domestic flight to an int'l one between terminals with so little time to spare.

Thanks for any advice.

p.s. it would be easy to just standby for an earlier flight but after spending 3 years in Philadelphia and too much time at PHL i'd rather not spend more time there than I have to.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
One hour won't be a problem at all in PHL. The walk (not run!) to International is something like 15-20 minutes. There are no security checkpoints to clear, and you should get your LH BP in ORD already, even if your flights are on seperate itineraries. Don't panic!

Last edited by flysurfer; Apr 12, 2005 at 8:20 pm
Old Apr 12, 2005, 8:57 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by flysurfer
One hour won't be a problem at all in PHL. The walk (not run!) to International is something like 15-20 minutes. There are no security checkpoints to clear, and you should get your LH BP in ORD already, even if your flights are on seperate itineraries. Don't panic!

The only big question is your luggage. I use PHL a lot and the one thing they seem to be notroriously slow at is unloading baggage. So although you might make it there is a pretty good chance your luggage won't :-(

Last edited by bochaco; Apr 12, 2005 at 8:59 pm Reason: Never mind...overlooked the "i have no bags" part...sorry
Old Apr 12, 2005, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by bochaco
The only big question is your luggage. I use PHL a lot and the one thing they seem to be notroriously slow at is unloading baggage. So although you might make it there is a pretty good chance your luggage won't :-(
Well, since the OP ain't checking any bags, I really don't see a problem here.

But even with bags, 1 hr should do. Even in PHL. OK, maybe not
Old Apr 12, 2005, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1P, Delta GM, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by flysurfer
Thanks for the info...I called LH and I was told that I couldn't pick up my BP while at ORD. But I'll trust FT over that guy anyday...

Can't wait to go to Rome!
Old Apr 12, 2005, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 90minfromJFK-CDG
Thanks for the info...I called LH and I was told that I couldn't pick up my BP while at ORD. But I'll trust FT over that guy anyday...

Can't wait to go to Rome!
Yep, nice city. Will be there May 29.

If US can't give you a BP in ORD, maybe LH can.

At least you should call LH and make them type something into your PNR that will inform the ground agents in PHL that you are connecting from ORD on flight # soandso with no checked luggage, otherwise they might treat you as a noshow and give your seat away if they are overbooked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.