Wiki Posts
Search

OS (LHR-VIE-SIN) Questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2005, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold / BA GGL&CCR
OS (LHR-VIE-SIN) Questions

Hi...never been on Austrian, but I'm curious to what I can expect for this flight (and return if possible too). Traveling in economy.

1. Lounge Options for London and Vienna (not Singapore...go there too often). I am a * Gold.

2. Seating Preferences - I have:
LHR-VIE (737-600) 6A and 6B
VIE-SIN (777-200) 24A and 24B
SIN-VIE (777-200) 24A and 24B
VIE-LHR (F100) 7A and 7B

Any better seats out there?

3. What should I expect in terms of service (or lack thereof)? Food: quality and quantity? (gotta ask since I eat a lot)

4. Entertainment Systems? AVOD? No power supply right?

Even if I didn't ask something, feel free to add comments, suggestions or whatever. Thanks!
Old Apr 4, 2005, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by globetrekker84
Hi...never been on Austrian, but I'm curious to what I can expect for this flight (and return if possible too). Traveling in economy.

1. Lounge Options for London and Vienna (not Singapore...go there too often). I am a * Gold.

VIE-LHR (F100) 7A and 7B

3. What should I expect in terms of service (or lack thereof)? Food: quality and quantity? (gotta ask since I eat a lot)

Even if I didn't ask something, feel free to add comments, suggestions or whatever. Thanks!
OS uses Terminal 2 at LHR. The only *A lounges there belong to Lufthansa, with a small Senator lounge (open to *Gold though they may try to discourage you if it's busy, as it often is!) and a larger Business lounge. Both are much nicer than being in the terminal, though will win no awards in themselves. Nice views of the apron, some food in the Senator Lounge appropriate to the time of day (breakfast in the morning, wraps in the evening).

The lounge situation is much better at VIE. The best option is the Senator Lounge in Concourse A (where your onward flight will depart from). Very decent food on offer, rarely very crowded and great staff. You'll find it a big improvement on LH's Senator lounge offerings. There are also a couple of Business Lounges spread over the terminal area.

On the LHR-VIE-LHR flights you'll get nothing except water in economy, There is a buy-on-board option for food.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by globetrekker84

VIE-LHR (F100) 7A and 7B

1. If you have more than just a short stop at the lounge and get bored easily take a look into the main business lounge on the first floor of the main pier. It's only a business lounge but quite nice. But beware, it is before emmigration.

2. The economy seats are nothing special, but better than on other main carriers. OS seems to upgrade ppl a lot. Happend already twice to me in the VIE-PVG route, but I always travelled alone. Here's what you can expect in economy: http://www.airliners.net/open.file?i...9974&tbl=CABIN

3. The service is good, very friendly most times. Food is average.

4. You have a personal monitor. You can choose betwen several movies, but no individual start/stop is possible. Here you can have a quick view on the actual movies: http://www.aua.com/at/eng/About_Flig...eo/default.htm
No power ports.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.