Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Senator status renewal

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2015, 2:02 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by KLouis
If your SEN status has been renewed, why do you care about the wording? (unless, of course, you're a linguist)
+1
Old Dec 20, 2015, 3:22 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by SAKKE
My account shows "Benefit status renewal: SEN" Is that the normal wording?
Am I the only one who clicked this thread because one read "Benefit removal"? Makes so much more sense with LH...

HTB.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 9:10 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by htb
Am I the only one who clicked this thread because one read "Benefit removal"? Makes so much more sense with LH...

HTB.
That is called enhancement.

Renewal of a benefit could be considered as a genuine improvement...
Old Dec 25, 2015, 8:51 am

Programs: *A Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I don't think you'll have any problem. Your online statement and account history should still show status miles from 2013. If you are a sceptical person like me you may want to print your statement/account history and keep it just in case.

Here's another clue. You are fine if you don't see how many more status miles you need between 01.01.2014 and 31.12.2014 to renew your SEN status when you display your online statement. You should see instead how many more HON miles you need between 01.01.2013 and 31.01.2014 to achieve the HON status.
Very helpful info NewbieRunner.

I too requalified (at least I hope so) on 20 Nov 2015 (102,751 miles between 1 Jan 2015 till 20 Nov 2015) but my account still shows SEN Status validity until February 2017 (which is from regaining SEN status after temporarily dropping down to FTL in Feb 2014 as per your post #80 in this thread).

The oldest transaction I can see in my account history is 07 Oct 14 and I don't have a screenshot, but the reassuring news is that (as you pointed out) it shows me how many miles I would need for HON status instead of SEN status.

To achieve the HON Circle status, you will need to earn 407613 additional HON Circle miles between 01.01.2014 and 31.12.2015.
Gotta love those website improvements.

I also notice that they sent me an email in October 2013 when my SEN Status was about to expire, but they never sent me any other emails on regaining it or (hopeful Nov 2015) extension...
Old Dec 25, 2015, 9:12 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by antistress
I too requalified (at least I hope so) on 20 Nov 2015 (102,751 miles between 1 Jan 2015 till 20 Nov 2015) but my account still shows SEN Status validity until February 2017
Hi,

you will only see the new validity in Nov. 2016, and at the same 2 evouchers will be credited in your account
Old Dec 28, 2015, 7:42 am

Programs: LH SEN★
I just re-gained SEN status before Christmas and will have my next flight with LH tonight. The only disadvantage of being SEN as I remember is the forced small talk with the purser at the beginning of each and every LH flight, about destination/weather/duration of stay etc. Is there any secret code to politely avoid it? Such as a blue handkerchief in the chest pocket of the shirt? Or a check box in the Miles & More profile? Thanks!
Old Dec 28, 2015, 8:01 am

I'd just copy and paste whatever weero has in the profile, that should take care of any status recognition.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 3:33 am

Programs: *A Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by more4less
you will only see the new validity in Nov. 2016, and at the same 2 evouchers will be credited in your account
You were right. New validity now shows up as Feb 2019. They also credited the 2 evouchers on Nov 3.

However, I also just saw that 2 evouchers expired last month - I planned to use them on a trip this week :/ I did not know that evouchers expire after 24 months. Lesson learned!
Old Nov 7, 2016, 5:26 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by antistress
You were right. New validity now shows up as Feb 2019. They also credited the 2 evouchers on Nov 3.

However, I also just saw that 2 evouchers expired last month - I planned to use them on a trip this week :/ I did not know that evouchers expire after 24 months. Lesson learned!
Hi antistress,

sorry to hear that the 2 evouchers expired, I always understood it was at the end of the year.
When logging in your M&M account you were not alerted or you have not looked the account for many months?
Old Dec 3, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
If I exceed the 100‘000 miles in each of the 2 years to requalify as SEN, do I then get 4 years of SEN extension, or still only 2 years? Thanks.

Must have already been clarified somewhere, but my search didn‘t lead to any answers, so sorry in advance if it was in fact already addressed somewhere.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 6:13 am

Programs: LH FF*, A3, EK, CX
Originally Posted by Wtravel
If I exceed the 100‘000 miles in each of the 2 years to requalify as SEN, do I then get 4 years of SEN extension, or still only 2 years? Thanks.

Must have already been clarified somewhere, but my search didn‘t lead to any answers, so sorry in advance if it was in fact already addressed somewhere.
I believe it's 2 years only, according to the answer given by some seniors in this thread.
Buying status miles with award miles
Old Dec 3, 2017, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Took me longer than usual to equally HON status this time around.
However, for over a week I have been >600.000 HON Miles but the 6 new eVouchers have not posted yet.
Quite strange, as in the past this was much quicker.

The "you need xxx miles to prequalify" message has disappeared.

Any idea what's going on?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:19 pm

Programs: LX SEN
I almost have 200k status miles this year. Does this "threshold" bring nay benefits or is it irrelevant?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by alinghi90
I almost have 200k status miles this year. Does this "threshold" bring nay benefits or is it irrelevant?
Nothing directly Status related but have a look in your M&M account & that should tell you what exciting selections benefits your getting or about to get if you keep flying.

Always assuming that you can actually get into your M&M account with all their IT issues....
Old Dec 5, 2018, 1:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by alinghi90
Only if you have collected enough 'select' miles...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.