Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH - F award (upgrade) inventory - when to check back?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2005, 12:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
LH - F award (upgrade) inventory - when to check back?

Hi All:

I'm on LH mid-February flying LAX-FRA and I'm trying to use UA miles or SWU's to upgrade. I called to check availability and it's no-go. However, they are showing 10 seats available for sale. I also understand that upgrade inventory is the same as award inventory on LA (there is none also). Just curious if those that do this regularly know if there is a pattern to when LH releases more award/upgrade inventory? Two weeks out? 48 hours? I'd prefer to use miles to confirm it ahead of time as opposed to white knuckling it on a standby basis.

This flight is on the "old" style C seats, so I'd very much like to get into LH F if I can.

Thanks!

- T
Old Jan 8, 2005, 9:17 am

Programs: US-CP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Check back 5 days before departure. If've never had any problems with one pax on the PNR, only if 2-3 pax on one PNR. Then it helps to call the airline and split the PNR into separate ones.

I can't remember that I was not confirmed at least 4 days before departure on flights that had decent availibility.
Old Jan 8, 2005, 5:18 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold
As a LH SEN they can put you on an upgrade waiting list (not so sure whether this works for UA as well). In my expereince they seem to free up space for upgrade one and two weeks prior to departure date. If the waiting list thing works you don't even need to phone up again.
Old Jan 9, 2005, 3:16 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Blue, UA Corpse
u/g waitlist

Originally Posted by bochaco
As a LH SEN they can put you on an upgrade waiting list (not so sure whether this works for UA as well). In my expereince they seem to free up space for upgrade one and two weeks prior to departure date. If the waiting list thing works you don't even need to phone up again.
But be aware: if the waitlist doesn't clear five or three days (do not know the exact date) prior to departure, it is cancelled and free seats are sold or used for u/gs at check-in on a first-come first-serve basis. Therefore, you should be at the airport ASAP to get the u/g if possible. Normally it works.
Enjoy your flight,
fradoc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.