Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*lufthansa Cuts Online Ticket Surcharge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2005, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by attorney28
I don't like the price increase, but I also don't like misleading advertising.
I agree, the main problem, IMHO, is misleading advertising!
Old Jan 6, 2005, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by attorney28
... let's say, 418 Euros for an economy flight to New York....
Ever actually been to NYC? Never wondered why you *always* end up paying way more than the advertised price? Especially at restaurants where you need to add not only the VAT but the compulsory tip.

I would love to have gas stations advertise -,22 and add the tax afterwards because it will remember everyone everytime what we are actually giving to our not very cost efficient politicans.

Having said this, I am still not a supporter of LH's TSC. Not the charge itself bothers me, but before last week it was redicolous that they would charge me EUR 90 for two intl. flights in 1 PNR that I booked on their web-site myself in 2 minutes! I dont think there is any more expensive computing time on this whole planet.
Old Jan 6, 2005, 1:35 pm

To keep you updated.

According to an article of the Financial Times Deutschland, the reduction of the TSC is not considered anticompetitive

Sorry, couldnt find an english link
http://www.reuters.de/newsPackageArt...6&section=news
Old Jan 6, 2005, 1:49 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by paulusst
Ever actually been to NYC? Never wondered why you *always* end up paying way more than the advertised price? Especially at restaurants where you need to add not only the VAT but the compulsory tip.
I'm actually admitted to the bar in NY, and, not only that, I have also been to many bars in NYC... .

And when I lived in the US, I only wondered in the very beginning why I had to pay more than the advertised price - but - different countries, different customs, so I can accept that. However, having lived in both places and being able to compare, this is one of the things where I prefer the German approach - you pay the advertised price. And when LH operates in Germany, they need to follow the German approach of doing business with the consumers here...
Old Jan 7, 2005, 2:52 am

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
well, but in the us you dont pay a TSC when booking online at the airlines website... and all other online travel agencies usually only charge 5 USD per ticket. of course there are not so many travel agencies in the us like in Germany, but I personally am very happy that i dont have to book thru travel agencies anymore, because at the time i did - that was like 10 years ago... i have really bad memories about it.. like waiting in the office for an hour... or on hold on the phone...

PS: i will book my next paid flight at the travel agent though - despite of 38 EURO surcharge, because I didnt get reimbursed for my last trip (without tsc) yet. if it takes over two month to be reimbursed, i will prefer booking somewhere where my employer can pay the bill directly even if it costs him an extra fee.
Old Jan 7, 2005, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by mith
well, but in the us you dont pay a TSC when booking online at the airlines website.
haha but lufthansa tells me that this TSC fee for online bookings is a imitation of the north american airline industry model. and i told them if this is true why it is not for lufthansa in the USA?? it is crazy what they tell and want people to believe sometimes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.