Search

FTL Baggage tags useful?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2004, 3:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL, PC Gold, HH Gold
FTL Baggage tags useful?

Hello,

are the silver FTL baggage tags you receive when becoming FTL of any use? will baggage be handled any different? I noticed when flying Y as FTL, that no red Priority signs are applied to the baggage.

Merry Christmas to all FT'ers!
Old Dec 22, 2004, 5:37 am

Programs: LH FTL *S, UA 1P *G
As far as know, FTL baggage is not handled with any priority. This is a service only valid for SEN. So these FTL tags are just identification items.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 6:33 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by testero
As far as know, FTL baggage is not handled with any priority. This is a service only valid for SEN. So these FTL tags are just identification items.
True - they do not have any effect on the baggage. However, some LH and *A check-in staff will mistakenly believe that you should get an orange *A priority tag (at least it happened a few times to me, even though I never asked for it).
Old Dec 22, 2004, 7:08 am

Programs: LH SEN, QF PS, Sixt , Bahn,...
Both FTL and SEN are entitled to get the priority Bagage Tags on LH Flights (Orange-Red Flags). You will get them at the check-in.

The special Name-Tags (Red, Silver or Black) have no real meaning.
Besides that the FA knows that you are a Super Duper very important Person.
Many No-Longer SENs use their red tags, even if they have no more Status...
Old Dec 22, 2004, 7:31 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
And they should help LH to get your lost luggage back to you.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 8:31 am

Programs: LH HON, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dia15222
Both FTL and SEN are entitled to get the priority Bagage Tags on LH Flights (Orange-Red Flags). You will get them at the check-in.
Is this a published benefit? I only had checkin agents tag my (FTL) luggage on request and reluctantly with the priority tag when flying Y.

Happy xmas!
Old Dec 22, 2004, 8:38 am

Programs: LH FTL
As a FTL I always got the priority tag attached to my bags ...
Old Dec 22, 2004, 8:42 am

Programs: LH SEN, QF PS, Sixt , Bahn,...
Originally Posted by baggage tag
Is this a published benefit? I only had checkin agents tag my (FTL) luggage on request and reluctantly with the priority tag when flying Y.

Happy xmas!
Yes:
Look in the FTL Brochure Page 7 or 8:
http://www.miles-and-more.com/mam/de...710672,00.html

When i was FTL i got it always - had no discussions.
Even if i flew with other carriers and LH was only the first segment.
Old Dec 24, 2004, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by Hamburger
Hello,

are the silver FTL baggage tags you receive when becoming FTL of any use? will baggage be handled any different? I noticed when flying Y as FTL, that no red Priority signs are applied to the baggage.

Merry Christmas to all FT'ers!
I actually think the FTL/SEN baggage tags, and the status tags of other airlines, are of more use when attached to your handluggage. My theory is that the tags will increase the chance that the gate agents will ignore my large bag, and it seems to be working so far. At least I have never had to check my very overweight and quite large handluggage on any of my many flights, while non-status coworkers on the same flights as me have been stopped at the gate and forced to check their bag.

My bag is supposedly the maximum permitted dimensions for handluggage, but I think it may be difficult to fit it in one of those mesuring things when it is overstuffed with all the stuff for a weeklong trip. Also, keeping under 8 kg is just impossible. I think it is usually a minimum of 10kg, and when I weighed the bag when I returned from my last trip it was at 17kg. (I had stuffed a few bottles of duty-free alcohol in there and I was curious to see how far over the limit I was)
Old Jan 2, 2005, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by dia15222
Yes:
Look in the FTL Brochure Page 7 or 8:
http://www.miles-and-more.com/mam/de...710672,00.html

When i was FTL i got it always - had no discussions.
Even if i flew with other carriers and LH was only the first segment.
Just returned from Vienna, routing HAM-VIE-FRA-HAM.

Upon checkin at HAM I noticed the agent not attaching the priority tags - when I asked him to I got a big "WHY?!"! - "So our bags will be out first?!" I replied, after which he reluctantly attached the priority tags.
On return from Vienna, our bags where gone without the tags before I could say anything!

What can I do about the constant neglience of this rule? Why do the agents not know about it?

Cheers for your help!!! ^
Old Jan 3, 2005, 3:03 am
GWH

Programs: LH SEN
Good to hear about this rule. I didn't know it existed when travelling Y.
Old Jan 3, 2005, 11:10 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Does anyone here really think the red priority tags really results in your luggage coming out any faster than bags that are not marked?

In my experience, it makes little or no difference at all.
Old Jan 3, 2005, 2:26 pm

Programs: LH, DL/NW, US, HHon, SPG
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
Does anyone here really think the red priority tags really results in your luggage coming out any faster than bags that are not marked?

In my experience, it makes a big difference in frequent CLT-MUC-CLT & FRA-ICN flights in Y. My bags are almost always with the first few that show up.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 1:04 am

Programs: QF Platinum

In Europe it makes very little difference to me (I use a non EU passport so will always be behind the EU passport holders anyway) and there are usually not that many checked bags at any rate... but when coming home the priority tag always means that the bag is one of the first off the belt which can save the best part of half an hour (if not more).
Old Jan 4, 2005, 1:27 am

I do think it makes a difference, especially at the big airports like FRA, MUC and VIE. But reliability still needs to be improved...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.