Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FTL Baggage tags useful?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2005, 3:55 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA GOLD, HHonors GOLD, STARWOOD GOLD
I never understood why there is SEN still that uses their red tags on their hand luggage. The big bags I can understand but their laptop bags????
Maybe it's the new SENs...
Old Jan 4, 2005, 4:11 am

Programs: LH SEN 2011:: ANA::UA::Hertz Gold::Sixt Plat::SPG Plat::
Originally Posted by testero
As far as know, FTL baggage is not handled with any priority. This is a service only valid for SEN. So these FTL tags are just identification items.
That's true, because LH changed the rules in 2004. This service is now only for SEN.

But some agents are doesn't know the new handling. ^

juergen

Last edited by Eagle_Eye; Jan 4, 2005 at 4:14 am
Old Jan 4, 2005, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye
That's true, because LH changed the rules in 2004. This service is now only for SEN.

But some agents are doesn't know the new handling. ^

juergen
i don't know where you get your information from but on the miles and more website it clearly states that FTL baggage get priority handling...
Old Jan 4, 2005, 3:06 pm

Programs: LH SEN 2011:: ANA::UA::Hertz Gold::Sixt Plat::SPG Plat::
Originally Posted by sentom
i don't know where you get your information from but on the miles and more website it clearly states that FTL baggage get priority handling...
That's my experience as FTL on many y-flights in the last half year in 2004. Sometimes I got the "red tag", but normally not. When I'm asking for they told me, LH has changed the rules and only SEN will get the red priority baggage-tag now.

BTW, if you are reading the (baggage) passage at the FTL- and at the SEN-site, you will see the difference to handling that.....

juergen
Old Jan 4, 2005, 11:10 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
I guess LH baggage handlers must be better than UA's. On UA, the Priority tags are absolutely useless. It's a recurring complaint on the UA board.

That said, when I fly LH into LAX, the tags don't help at all. Maybe it's a U.S. problem.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 11:26 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA GOLD, HHonors GOLD, STARWOOD GOLD
The HON Circle priority tags are very useful in PEK, Asia.
There were two bags with the HON tags and they were first, of course, and the other bags came after the HONs picked them up (after four minutes). But there is no service like the service in Asia.

Is this the same in any other regions of the world?
Old Jan 5, 2005, 8:03 pm

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
On Monday in DFW it was the same. The HON luggage came first....... My bags with Priority tags came 25 minutes later. In my opinion, the normal priority sticker are just a marketing gag that has no effct on delivery time at all.

Cheers, Stefan
Old Jan 6, 2005, 1:12 am

Programs: LH Sen, BA Gold
HON tags

Originally Posted by Hairychest
The HON Circle priority tags are very useful in PEK, Asia.
There were two bags with the HON tags and they were first, of course, and the other bags came after the HONs picked them up (after four minutes). But there is no service like the service in Asia.

Is this the same in any other regions of the world?
From my limited experience with them (flying TXL-FRA-MEX-FRA-TXL in FC in December) the HON Circle tags really work extremely well. In MEX, our bags were already on the carousel when we came out of immigration (which was about 5 minutes after leaving the plane) - and they were the only bags out there. Quite a nice surprise. On the way back, they were also the first ones to come out at TXL (though we had to wait a few minutes as usual), and immediately after that the normal priority bags came out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.