Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounges in FRA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2004, 9:49 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
Lounges in FRA

Can someone advise on lounges I can use next week in FRA. My travel itinarary says I arrive and depart Terminal 1. I will fly from Manchester and then to Hong Kong.

I am booked in Biz class and have Gold Senator card.

I checked LH site and it refers to terminals

as A or B, can someone please advise.

I have searched for a map so I find my way easy to the lounge. What I need to establish is arrival and take off points.

I recall they allow smoking in the lounges and was wondering if they actually any non smoking areas.

Finally advise for showers would be grateful as I will have a busy day prior to flying out to Hong Kong and would like to change for the joureny into frsh clothes.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Last edited by Steve Fenton; Oct 28, 2004 at 9:52 am
Old Oct 28, 2004, 10:02 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
A & B refer to parts of the terminal. AFAIK your LH flights will be in B. There are LH SEN and BUS lounges in the central part of B (large) as well as down the pier (smaller).

Showers need to be booked and there's always been a horrendous queue whenever I've tried to use them, book as soon as you enter the lounge (at the entrance to the toilets).

Yes lounge has smoking and non-smoking areas, however lounge is open plan so if dont want smoke sit well away from the smoking area.
Old Oct 28, 2004, 10:16 am
Suspended

Steve,

make sure to arrive at the airport on time after the busy day, otherwise they could rebook you on KLM

Serious though, the lounges at FRA are normally pretty smoky and a seat is tough to get at certain times ( comparable to KLM at Schiphol early morning )

Based on that the shower list can be pretty full as well, make sure to contact housekeeping at the entrance of the bathroom and write down your name in the appropiate list.You will be called by the lounge agents, if it is your turn, like at Schiphol.

Showers at FRA are lala, but still in better shape than at AMS and more important you will have warm water.Next time make sure to fly via MUC, the Senator showers there are really awesome, maybe somebody can post a link to a picture, but I was really impressed the first time there.

Here is a terminal map of FRA, however I never flew into FRA from the UK or to HKG, so I can only assume which gates will be used.
There is a SEN lounge in the non Schengen part of the A concourse ( close to A 51 ) , which is small and another one close to the security check in the B concourse.You are likely to arrive in the non Schengen part of the A concourse, if your flight gets a terminal position and no bus gate.

Be aware that there is also a United Red Carpet Club, close to the C concourse of T1, this club is open until 10 p.m. , but is deserted after all guests for th last UAL flight to the US leave after 4.30 !! Food selection is inferior to the LH Sen lounges, but you have much more space there at certain times !!

http://www.frankfurt-airport.de/cms/...sichtsplan.htm
Old Oct 28, 2004, 10:24 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
Originally Posted by Threy
Steve,

make sure to arrive at the airport on time after the busy day, otherwise they could rebook you on KLM

]

Thanks a bunch pal.

OK got the idea now and thanks again for your help.

I managed to get 1K booked so everyone else will be down wind of me and I will having a night out with the lads the night before which usually involves fairly vast quantities of beer rounded of with a good Madras or Phal if they can find a cook brave enough to make one.
Old Oct 28, 2004, 3:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
Would anyone know if there are seperate LH First class and Business class lounges in FRA or are all lounges open to both?

Thanks....
Old Oct 28, 2004, 3:18 pm

See above - I am flying YUL - FRA in Business and FRA - JNB in First.

One more question... Is the Sheraton the only "walking distance" hotel at the FRA airport?

Thanks...
Old Oct 28, 2004, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Yukonprince
See above - I am flying YUL - FRA in Business and FRA - JNB in First.

One more question... Is the Sheraton the only "walking distance" hotel at the FRA airport?

Thanks...
The Lufthansa Lounges at FRA come in two types:

Business Lounges (for Business Class passengers and Lufthansa Frequent Travellers (Silver tier)

Senator Lounges (for First Class passengers and Lufthansa Senators (Gold tier frequent flyers).

Both lounges are actually pretty similar, though you get better food (and on request, champagne) in the Senator Lounges. The consensus is that the Senator Lounges compare badly to First Class lounges offered by many other carriers (for one thing they are often very crowded, though late at night for your CPT flight you should have no problems).

Starting at the end of November, there will be a separate VIP terminal for passengers in First Class. This will not be open to connecting passengers though (who will continue to use the Senator lounges in the main terminal). If you have a long layover, and are travelling in December or later, then it may be worth heading over to the new terminal. No one really knows much detail about it at the moment because it has not been officially announced, let alone opened!

Are you travelling in F on the return journey (assuming there is a return journey)? If so, then you can book a complimentary day room at the Kempinski hotel at Frankfurt Airport (not walkable but close by). They just need your booking details. Note that you have to do this in advance as they often book up before the day of travel! Your local Lufthansa office should have the number for the hotel (or I'm sure others on here will be able to help out). I'm not sure if this applies to award and upgrade tickets.

And yes, the Sheraton is the only walkable hotel from the terminal, but bear in mind that:

- most of the other local hotel are 10 minutes at most in a shuttle bus (and these run very frequently); and
- you can get a train into Frankfurt City Centre (journey time 12 minutes) and find a range of (often much cheaper) hotels there. The trains run every few minutes, or you can get a taxi just as easily (though for rather more money!). Sheraton is nice but they really charge top prices because of the location.
Old Oct 28, 2004, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
I heard the rumors about long lines for showers in SEN lounge. I arrived at the one in the B terminal last week. I put my name on the list, saw 4-5 names without check marks and went to grab some breakfast. 1 min later my name was called on the PA.

However, my flight was the early one from IAD so I may have beaten the rush. However, I spent another hour there after my shower and it did not appear to be a big rush for showers.
Old Oct 28, 2004, 4:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gnaget
I heard the rumors about long lines for showers in SEN lounge. I arrived at the one in the B terminal last week. I put my name on the list, saw 4-5 names without check marks and went to grab some breakfast. 1 min later my name was called on the PA.

However, my flight was the early one from IAD so I may have beaten the rush. However, I spent another hour there after my shower and it did not appear to be a big rush for showers.
They can both be bad, but the one in the Schengen area of Concourse A tends to be the busiest. An early arrival also probably helped!
Old Oct 28, 2004, 7:03 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Starwood,
Go for the Magnum. Ice cream bars that is.......
At least in SEN lounges.
Old Oct 29, 2004, 12:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by davethewave
Go for the Magnum. Ice cream bars that is.......
At least in SEN lounges.
Unfortunately only in summer and at a very limited number of SEN lounges.

Again LH is not in the business to spoil their best customers...
Old Oct 29, 2004, 2:40 am

Thanks everyone for your replies!

I am flying on points ticket which I believe does not give me a free day room.

On the way back from I fly JNB - FRA - MUN with a six hour layover there.

Do each of the airport hotels have their own shuttle or a shared shuttle?
Old Oct 29, 2004, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by Yukonprince
Thanks everyone for your replies!

I am flying on points ticket which I believe does not give me a free day room.

On the way back from I fly JNB - FRA - MUN with a six hour layover there.

Do each of the airport hotels have their own shuttle or a shared shuttle?
Each hotel has its own shuttle at FRA.

The nightmare of shared shuttles is reserved for other airports like LHR!
Old Oct 29, 2004, 3:52 am

Programs: UA 1K
I'm a UA 1k travelling LH business class AUH-FRA-YVR in early december- Which lounge am I entitled to use?
Old Oct 29, 2004, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by Badabing59
I'm a UA 1k travelling LH business class AUH-FRA-YVR in early december- Which lounge am I entitled to use?
Officially, you can use ANY LH lounge due to your 1K / Star Gold status. In reality, the staff will usually direct you to the Business Lounge on the grounds that the Senator Lounge is overcrowded.

Given that the differences between the lounges are pretty minimal, and the Business Lounges are much larger, even I, as a Senator, regularly choose to go to the Business Lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.