Wiki Posts
Search

Lounges in FRA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2004, 3:36 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by gnaget
I heard the rumors about long lines for showers in SEN lounge. I arrived at the one in the B terminal last week. I put my name on the list, saw 4-5 names without check marks and went to grab some breakfast. 1 min later my name was called on the PA.
Lucky you. I have waited for over 3 hours before and still not yet up to my name. Alas more often than not it is time for next flight before I have any chance to use showers.
Old Oct 30, 2004, 11:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by House
Officially, you can use ANY LH lounge due to your 1K / Star Gold status. In reality, the staff will usually direct you to the Business Lounge on the grounds that the Senator Lounge is overcrowded.

Given that the differences between the lounges are pretty minimal, and the Business Lounges are much larger, even I, as a Senator, regularly choose to go to the Business Lounge.
Thanks for info. Maybe I'll also try the RCC also. ^
Old Oct 31, 2004, 4:27 am
At Large

Originally Posted by Badabing59
Thanks for info. Maybe I'll also try the RCC also. ^

That lounge is no great spot and its somewhat out of the way, IIRC. Also be aware if you need any internet time to bring the family jewels in payment;can be as high as 6 euros for 30 minutes thanks to the robber barons at vodaphone.
Old Oct 31, 2004, 5:30 pm

Programs: BA GfL
On another note, I seem to recall some 7 years back, LH had a lounge with a quiet, dark sleeping room. Is that still around? I haven't had success finding it lately; FYI the SEN lounge I usually end up using is the one not too far from passport control.
Old Oct 31, 2004, 6:19 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
What other lounges are open to use aprat from LH for a Senator card holder
Old Nov 1, 2004, 2:35 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Steve Fenton
What other lounges are open to use aprat from LH for a Senator card holder
There is a UA RCC although it is not very big and is quite a hike from some of the LH gates. There are also 3(?) shower suites with decent bags of amenities.
Old Nov 1, 2004, 11:42 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks Dambus

Any idea where abouts the UA RCC is on the map.

Thanks
Old Nov 1, 2004, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by parnel
That lounge is no great spot and its somewhat out of the way, IIRC. Also be aware if you need any internet time to bring the family jewels in payment;can be as high as 6 euros for 30 minutes thanks to the robber barons at vodaphone.
Tks Parnel. guess I'll just brave the smokey LH lounges then.
Old Nov 1, 2004, 4:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Thanks Dambus

Thanks

It's around the entrance area to the C Concourse gates (post-security).
Aim for Gates C1 to C3 and you won't be far off!

It is signposted (though not as prominently as the LH lounges).
Old Nov 2, 2004, 12:16 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Both lounges are actually pretty similar, though you get better food (and on request, champagne) in the Senator Lounges.
Really? That's a well-hidden perk, but it would be a very welcome one to me - that sekt they offer is *vile*. So you just have to ask in any Senator Lounge? Do they serve some decent stuff?
Old Nov 2, 2004, 2:34 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Thanks Dambus

Thanks
Funnily enough, it's very close to a Skyteam lounge, wonder if they'd let a KLM PE in?

If you head toward the C gates you will eventually hit a security check-point / hand baggage X-ray. Just after than you turn right and you're looking at the UA lounge entrance. RCC on the left, First lounge on the right. If you want a shower get them to you add you to the list as soon as you go in.

-- Dambus
Old Nov 2, 2004, 3:14 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
Really? That's a well-hidden perk, but it would be a very welcome one to me - that sekt they offer is *vile*. So you just have to ask in any Senator Lounge? Do they serve some decent stuff?
Sekt is the usual offering. They do occasionally seem to have a bottle of Piper Heidseck hiding away, which is hardly Krug but is not bad.
Old Nov 2, 2004, 4:03 am
Suspended
Original Poster

thanks again Dambus I will likely head in there as since I had surgery I need to stay well away from smokey atmospheres.

Check out the post I made about KLM FD ref KLM/Continental sharing, actually positive.

As I understand the FD / ST thing now they are pretty strict about the benefit you had of being PE and using any lounge regardless of airline flown and I dont try, depsite all I have said about KLM I dont like to use the lounge unless I am actually flying with them.
Old Nov 2, 2004, 5:18 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
is the rcc F lounge at Fra similar to the one at SFO in terms of shower roomsm with bathrobes, amenities and everything else?

thanks

synd
Old Nov 2, 2004, 5:21 am
Uli

Sekt is the usual offering. They do occasionally seem to have a bottle of Piper Heidseck hiding away, which is hardly Krug but is not bad.
not occasionally, they always have it. ask any waiter and they will deliver it to the table, as many glasses as you want (or as many as you are able to drink).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.