Search

Need 2700 status miles to renew Senator status

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2022, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa Senator
Need 2700 status miles to renew Senator status

Folks,

Any creative ideas how to get SEN status renewed with 2700 miles still needed this year? Signed up for both H1 and H2 promotions. Based in TLV.

Thanks and Cheers,
-Gili
Old Nov 22, 2022, 1:57 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
If the proverbial hits the fan, exchange award miles for status miles?
Old Nov 22, 2022, 2:18 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
If the OP is based in TLV I don't think that the CC option will work out in this case. IIRC it is only available for cards issued in certain countries.

I guess the OP needs to fly one more R/T...
Old Nov 22, 2022, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by cas_de
If the OP is based in TLV I don't think that the CC option will work out in this case. IIRC it is only available for cards issued in certain countries.

I guess the OP needs to fly one more R/T...
I didn’t mean a CC option, but trading award miles for status miles.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa Senator
Trading award miles for status is a great idea. Exactly what i was looking for. However, looking at the status management page at https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/d...anagement.html i don't see any available link that allows to do such Miles Exchange. Is that procedure typically done by calling the Senator Hotline?

Thanks,
Gili
Old Nov 23, 2022, 5:37 am

IIRC, you need a M&M/LH branded CC issued in certain countries to be eligible to exchange award miles that were generated using the CC to status miles at a bad 5:1 ratio.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 2:05 pm

IIRC, you need a M&M/LH branded CC issued in certain countries to be eligible to exchange award miles that were generated using the CC to status miles at a bad 5:1 ratio.
I thought it was a SEN and not a CC feature. But since the SEN card is free, most SENs I know have to the card, so there could be a link I wasn’t aware of. When I go to my M&M account, I can trade 5 award miles for 1 status mile. Never had the need to do that though.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 4:27 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Check this thread
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...l#post33798232
and the link
https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...ing-miles.html

It looks like the ability to exchange award miles for status miles is only available to CC holders in Germany, Italy, Switzerland, USA, Spain and Mexico.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Check this thread
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...l#post33798232
and the link
https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...ing-miles.html

It looks like the ability to exchange award miles for status miles is only available to CC holders in Germany, Italy, Switzerland, USA, Spain and Mexico.
Thank you for the clarification.

And apologies to the thread starter for any confusion I may have caused. For me, it has always been a „normal“ M&M feature.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 2:42 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by worldclubber
And apologies to the thread starter for any confusion I may have caused. For me, it has always been a „normal“ M&M feature.
Didn’t it used to be a “normal” M&M feature that those very close to renewing SEN status (not sure if it applied to FTL) were offered an option to exchange award miles for status miles? It was not restricted to award miles collected through CC transactions.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Didn’t it used to be a “normal” M&M feature that those very close to renewing SEN status (not sure if it applied to FTL) were offered an option to exchange award miles for status miles? It was not restricted to award miles collected through CC transactions.
To be honest, I usually overshoot the SEN qualification miles by summer and so I never looked into the details. Just repeatedly saw the offer to trade award miles for status miles on M&M platforms and didn't have the impression that it was limited to CC-miles. But maybe it is and maybe not all countries get the offer, unfortunately I don't know.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 5:14 am

Programs: LH SEN *
I remember very well that exchanging award miles to status miles was available to FTL members because I did use this option the first time I worked on my Senator status. If I remember correctly, it was an option available to FTL after collecting a certain number of select miles, and after "buying" this option with select miles, you were able to exchange 20k award miles from your account to 10k status miles. This option was available exclusively for FTL status holders, not to SEN. I don't know if it still exists, it was a few years ago.
​​​​

Last edited by andywaw; Nov 24, 2022 at 11:28 pm
Old Nov 24, 2022, 8:10 am

Earlier posts in this thread discuss targeted invitations to FTLs and SENs who are close to but have not reached the number of status miles for requalification. As far as I can tell it was not tied to CC but used a better rate of exchange (2:1) and invitations were only sent out in December.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
What about booking a rail segment from Cologne or Düsseldorf to Frankfurt in C? Check in and you get the the miles. Currently it scores with Executive Bonus und the ongoing 50% promotion 2.812 Status Miles.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
What about booking a rail segment from Cologne or Düsseldorf to Frankfurt in C? Check in and you get the the miles. Currently it scores with Executive Bonus und the ongoing 50% promotion 2.812 Status Miles.
They sell DUS (QDU) - FRA on Deutsche Bahn only in Bus Flex J at the lovely price of €453 o/w.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.