Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Celebrities or semi-celebrities you have sat next to on LH Group flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 1:02 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by birsti
well he was on that flight but was in C (a friend who is FA at OS was working that flight)
It is very obvious that the Secretary of States of the United States of America will fly only C class while flying commercial

USA can still afford to buy him a last minute ticket in C cabin
Old Oct 22, 2014, 1:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
In my experience no one will stop you from politely approaching a celebrity and asking for a selfie, especially politicians. I once flew with Ms Ti-Hi in the row in front of me in SAS C, you wouldn't have noticed a thing. Except of course for the gentleman in a suit sitting close by upright all night and not drinking.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
USA can still afford to buy him a last minute ticket in C cabin
Of course they can- they just put it along with everything else on their UnionPay (CUP) corporate bankcard!
Old Oct 22, 2014, 2:41 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Just as well there was no F cabin.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 3:41 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Slightly OT: No selfies with politicians, please!

Originally Posted by oliver2002
In my experience no one will stop you from politely approaching a celebrity and asking for a selfie, especially politicians.
Can only agree to a part of your post.

A selfie with a celebrity would be and can be fine.

But as a citizen I simply don't want to have a selfie with one of my employees äh...politicians. IMHO they are paid by taxpayer's money and civil servants, not celebrities.

But a selfie with Paula Radcliffe (http://new.paularadcliffe.com/wp-con...2013/11/91.jpg) would be fine! I always admire athletes with the ability to run such a large distance and enjoy running in this great way.

She transports the fascination of track and field.....
Old Oct 24, 2014, 11:09 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; de) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1033 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Michael Mittermeier just now in the SEN lounge in DUS. He seems to be equally frustrated not to find an empty seat...
Old Oct 24, 2014, 4:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by txl
Russell Brand with family at the *A lounge at LHR's T1 two weeks ago.
You can spend years prospecting around the comments sections of articles in online newspapers and then suddenly, one day, you find a Kohinoor diamond of exquisite brilliance.

This, on Russell Brand.

" The guy is a Poundland Stephen Fry dressed as Stevie Nicks.

Genius.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 7:29 am

Wladimir Klitchko was among the J pax today on LH7 HAM-FRA. Apparently they loaded him last and nobody knew until disembarking

http://imgur.com/9y3JzRF
Old Nov 17, 2014, 1:09 am

Programs: LH FTL

On his way to Nashville to his pregnant wife...
Old Nov 17, 2014, 11:03 am

Programs: BRK-B
HRH Princess Chulabhorn of Thailand was on the same LX flight with me to BKK, I didn't sit in F. I only know when I took a boarding pass from seat 1A (I like to collect boarding pass, and this one is in its full size). Her printed name is MAHIDOL/CHULABHORNHR
Old Nov 17, 2014, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by captainiglo
On his way to Nashville to his pregnant wife...
Fiancée actually.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Noppasit
HRH Princess Chulabhorn of Thailand was on the same LX flight with me to BKK, I didn't sit in F. I only know when I took a boarding pass from seat 1A (I like to collect boarding pass, and this one is in its full size). Her printed name is MAHIDOL/CHULABHORNHR
interesting to say the least, not flying TG??? it would be nice to hear how the treatment on board LX was?....

Last edited by divjan; Nov 17, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Old Nov 17, 2014, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by divjan
interesting to say the least, not flying TG??? it would be nice to hear how the treatment on board LX was?....
As in were non-Thais allowed in the F cabin? Was it booked out for her & entourage?
Old Nov 17, 2014, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
As in were non-Thais allowed in the F cabin? Was it booked out for her & entourage?
Yes....i have been on flights on TG where the service in F made me wish i was in Y....1x glass of water and 1x ambien solved it
Old Nov 17, 2014, 6:50 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Quote:

Originally Posted by divjan

I was in F on TG with the Thai crown princess before (she in 1A, me 2A) so why would LX not allow non-Thais? (Not saying they didn't book all 8 seats)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.