FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Celebrities or semi-celebrities you have sat next to on LH Group flights (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/321868-celebrities-semi-celebrities-you-have-sat-next-lh-group-flights.html)

hfly Jul 9, 2005 8:23 pm

I guess that LH does NOT get many big time international (non- German speaking world) celebrities on its flights, compare to equivalent threads on other airlines and there sure is a difference (and weird because I have sat next to Thomas Gottschalk on two occasions - for those unfamiliar, the biggest talk show/weird variety show presenter that looks like a refugee from the 80's pop group Europe).

Football Fan Jul 10, 2005 11:29 am

Originally Posted by hfly
... Thomas Gottschalk on two occasions - for those unfamiliar, the biggest talk show/weird variety show presenter that looks like a refugee from the 80's pop group Europe).

He does :D.

sunseeker Jul 13, 2005 11:32 pm

Bond, JAMES Bond !

last night (not LH, still *A) :

sir (? not sure) sean connery and wife ( at least rather his age than the chicks you see him with on the screen :D ) in F on SQ 322 SIN - LHR .

still a charismatic guy ! ^

flamboyant 1 Jul 14, 2005 2:38 am

Yes, Sir,

he is Sir Sean Connery! :D

Great actor, gentlemen and very decent golfer.

GlobalExpress Jul 17, 2005 5:55 am

Not a real celebrity but all the time in the media: Prof. Norbert Walter, Chief Economist of Deutsche Bank. On a LH FRA-MUC evening flight in C-class.

CalFlyer Jul 17, 2005 6:24 am

Originally Posted by werni
Dr. Peter Hartz (HARTZ 4) on LH 503 flight from EZE to GRU. May 1st. Paid First.

Probably not travelling alone ... :D

WayMaker Jul 17, 2005 7:22 pm

Two years ago I flew FRA-ABV (Abuja, Nigeria) in C. I recognized the well-known evangelist Reinhardt Bonnke in F. He had an entourage of a few people flying with him, but they were in economy.

Eight days later I was returning from ABV to FRA, and once again, Reinhardt Bonnke was in F. This time I managed to get upgraded to F. We were the only two in the cabin. I chatted with him a bit. He's a very nice guy. I appreciate his message and integrity. I had taught a class of 50 people. He had talked to 50,000 people. Good for him. I wouldn't trade.

JFIVienna Jul 18, 2005 9:49 am

Paul Young

Paul Young ('Wherever I Lay My Hat’ 'Every Time You Go Away'), on the Dusseldorf to London flight a couple of Sundays ago.

He is firmly in the "semi-celebrities" group now, and he was obviously returning from some second rate venue in Germany, and was sitting in economy.

Fiumicino Jul 22, 2005 6:11 am

Philip Seymour Hoffman (Mr Ripley, Mission Impossible III,...), today FCO-FRA

HON_Hunter Jul 31, 2005 6:42 am

Ron Sommer

Ron Sommer, former CEO of Deutsche Telekom in F (of course) on July 27 in LH433 from ORD to FRA...my upgrade to F was finally denied...so I had to sit in one of those old C-Seats (crap, couldn't sleep a lot). Met Sommer back in the elevator in Terminal 1 / A to the 7th floor where the LH valet parking puts your car while leaving it at the F-Terminal. :) His car was a silver A8 with a cologne license plate....

Anyhow signed another sick bag ... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=453895

cheers
HON_Hunter

Tim2008 Aug 5, 2005 11:15 am

04.08 Christopher Walken in F seat 1D LH 400

Threy Aug 5, 2005 11:22 am

Originally Posted by Tim2008
04.08 Christopher Walken in F seat 1D LH 400

Grace Jones sitting next to him ? ;)

txl Aug 5, 2005 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by Threy
Grace Jones sitting next to him ? ;)

or for that matter: James Senjun Smithe?

kevinsac Aug 8, 2005 3:37 pm

My gosh....altho a born Yank, my parents are from Germany, my grandparents still live in Germany, I spent almost every summer (school holidays) in Germany, I speak fluent German.........and I have no idea who most of these folks are. :confused: Truly sad for me!

I sat one row in front of Steffi Graf and her baby F/C SFO to FRA. They live in the Bay Area.

Sat across the aisle from Beverly Sills about 20 years ago.

LaToya Jackson (friendly) on a LHR to FRA flight and 1 year later Janet Jackson (snob) from BER-LHR.

We were on Christmas holiday 2 years ago.....Leonardo DeCaprio in front of us LAX-FRA. Almost every staff came to greet him, most asked for autographs. Elderly man next to him finally stuttered....."Who are you?" :)

Many other sightings, but on other airlines.

bochaco Aug 8, 2005 3:47 pm

Sat next to Barbara Becker on LHR - MUC sometimes last year. No kids with her - took me a while to recognize her as well. Only after the FA's were overly attentative I got a little suspicious.

Had Hardy Krueger (Sr.) on FRA - LAX in C in the row in front of me. I think he lives somewhere in Califoria (or Alaska).