FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Celebrities or semi-celebrities you have sat next to on LH Group flights (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/321868-celebrities-semi-celebrities-you-have-sat-next-lh-group-flights.html)

daysleeper Sep 3, 2004 2:26 am

Originally Posted by BoulderHyattHopper
Our flight was delayed three hours from LHR to DUS. We were downsized from a 737 (or something mainline) to a Eurowings Canadair...

BUT!!!

Guess who were the last two people to get on board???

Gisele Bundchen and Leonardo Dicaprio...

No one (except for me who stared at them right across from us) and the flight attendant (who asked for their autograph)...

When we landed at DUS, they got onto the bus just like everyone else to go to the terminal.

However, the funny thing was when we walked up the stairs to Passport Control. The LH VIP service lady came over and took them to a special place and everyone else started following them and didn't get that they were VIPS!

Too funny...

from my newspaper:

Leonardo went with his german grandma and his gf to the chocolate museum in cologne :D

ngfan Sep 3, 2004 11:25 am

Originally Posted by sunseeker
...looks like the distances was to long for their private jets ! :D

...only saw Michael's Falcon 2000 parked next to the A pier on Sunday morning and in the evening right after the race as it was prepared for departure and awaiting its famous pax... Watched while waiting for my MH return flight back to Langkawi...no other celebs around...

Winglet Apr 21, 2005 3:58 pm

Anke Engelke

Last weekend I saw Anke Engelke (German Comedian/Actress) at the FAST LANE in CGN. She was saying goodbye to a friend before going through the LANE. I was quite astonished, that she is not very tall.

Years ago, I saw Johannes B. Kerner (German Talkshow/News Modarator) in LHR with his Familiy. Unfortunately he was not flying to DUS...

Maybe I am too blind finding any celebrities, but so far I haven´t seen any other celebrities for years.

Are there any interesting stories around?

andre1970 Apr 21, 2005 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by Tirreg
A few month ago I was on a flight from ZRH to FRA and my neighbour was asked by 2 other guests for an autograph. I still did not find out who he was :confused:

Thats probably the reason why they asked for his autograph! Just to find out who he was :D !

andre1970 Apr 21, 2005 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by paulusst
Mr Mayrhuber at the SEN lounge appearing behind me while I was talking to the lounge warden about the service reductions and only got very short replies from her after some minutes. As I turned around to enter the lounge I knew why! But he was only smiling ....

Good job paulusst! :D

daumueller Apr 21, 2005 11:03 pm

aaaaaaaalright:

Mr Muentefering (spd politician), next to me 2 times on NUE-TXL
Mr Merz (ex-politician :) ), the last 3 times I've been at a SEN lounge in FRA (in a row !!)

and, DEN-FRA Mr Sali Hamicic (spelling? - a Bayern Muenchen soccer player). He and his companion had two middle seats next to me while I had 1A on the A340. didn't know who he was but after the 4819038. flight attendant had asked for an autograph (while telling other people not to disturb him :p ) I went there too...

short snip:

me: excuse me?
he: you want an autograph too?
me: depends on who you are
he: *silence* uhm, sali hamicic, I play for the FC Bayern
me: in this case, no thanks. nice to meet you anyway

we had a nice chat after he got over the shock that I live in bavaria but am not interested in him, his club or soccer at all :)

yvr-runner Apr 22, 2005 3:00 am

here is my story:

fra-bre: gabriela sabatini
bre-fra: hans koschnik (he had a lot of "kurze" during that short flight!!)
ham-txl: mike krüger und manfred krug
lax-fra: ralf möller
fra-mia: "otto", Boris Becker
mia-fra: ivan rebrof (no idea about the spelling)
fra-yvr: oskar lafontaine
fra-ham: jbk
fra-lhr: ulla schmidt, friedmann, b. schäfer

flying-spider Apr 22, 2005 7:48 am

In autumn 2003 I sat on HAM-CGN in the same a/c with Christoph Gottschalk (brother of Thomas Gottschalk) and Wolfgang Clement, minister of economics, SPD.

ngfan Apr 22, 2005 8:28 am

Former Germany's Federal Secretary of Justice Mrs. Herta Daeubler-Gmelin (the one who compared Bush with Hilter and resigned in the aftermath) on February 11 2005 in the EAS Lounge in CAI and onboard LH 583 CAI-FRA.

She was in 10A while I was kept away from her in a save distance inside the front C "Stuebli" in 4C :D While queueing up for boarding she yelled into her mobile in her very own Swabian slang for everyone to hear telling her husband that she will arrive at home a bit late this evening. ("Woisch, I muss no vo Echterdinge noch Tübing fahre heut nacht, gell, kosch scho mol schlafe gange...) :rolleyes: :D

Even on the way to my connecting flight to STR she was standing next to me inside the Skytrain transferring from T1B to T1A where she complained about the high parking costs at STR to her entourage... Thank God she took an earlier flight to STR and reached it (connection time was pretty tight). Imagining sitting next to her in a sardine CRJ still shudders me... :D

Grog Apr 22, 2005 10:45 am

A little over a month ago, Thomas Anders, in a FRA SEN lounge. He accidently bumped into the Mrs. while he was reaching for the Bild Zeitung. :D

And way, way back...Klaus Maria Brandauer in the Hilton Frankfurt exec lounge. He was awaiting the start of a reading in their exhibition hall. (It counts for LH, because LH has Quick CheckIn in their lobby :p)

Football Fan Apr 22, 2005 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by Grog
And way, way back...Klaus Maria Brandauer in the Hilton Frankfurt exec lounge. He was awaiting the start of a reading in their exhibition hall. (It counts for LH, because LH has Quick CheckIn in their lobby :p)

If that counts...I had breakfast next to Günter Netzer in that hotel :D.

Also, I sat next to Harald Schmidt on a CGN-TXL flight (in Eco!) during his long-hair period. Didn't know he was that tall.

There was more, but I don't remember all of them.

bluejay Apr 22, 2005 5:00 pm

Last Tuesday on a flight to MUC in Y I was sitting next to a guy who was reading a script for a german TV movie (and I am not going to mention the
name of the movie here....) I did not recognise him but after the flight
my colleague who was sitting 2 rows in front of me told me the story that several years ago the same guy (a german second-rate TV actor) tried
to flirt with my colleagues girlfriend - now my colleagues wife - without
any luck at all :D

Tim2008 Apr 22, 2005 8:20 pm

Just saw that had already made a post...

Tim2008 Apr 23, 2005 3:28 am

Originally Posted by Tim2008
:D :D :D

Back to topic:

Marius Müller-Westernhagen and his wife LHR-HAM in C one row behind me
Günther Netzer HAM-MUC
Sarah Connor BRE-FRA
Thomas D & Hausmarke (German rappers) STR-BRE

McKaye Apr 23, 2005 5:09 am

The whole Luxembourg National Soccer Team in RYANAIR RIX-HHN this March. CheckIn was a mess because several teammembers forgot their tickets/IDs etc...