Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Celebrities or semi-celebrities you have sat next to on LH Group flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrities or semi-celebrities you have sat next to on LH Group flights

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2007, 10:48 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by sentom
actually i feel bad that i started this! he seems like a nice person in interviews, he is just not a good comedian, so good for him if someone pays him F travel even though he is bad...
He is definitely the kind of person who would laugh out loud, if he would read this. He is just doing the same kind of thing in his job. And there was no personal attack, just some kidding.
Old Aug 31, 2007, 11:40 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Originally Posted by DFW-SEN
I am certain they have to put him in a center seat, otherwise they have serious weight balancing issues

Cheers, s
They would need to move him from row 1 or 81 to last row in Y to get the plane in the air...
Old Aug 31, 2007, 3:03 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by ngfan
They would need to move him from row 1 or 81 to last row in Y to get the plane in the air...
He might even get a little headset and he would get instructions from the cockpit where to go or to lean at
Old Aug 31, 2007, 3:40 pm

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Seems that they moved him backwards too early on his last trip with *Alliance partner UA...

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0907988/M/

I know, we are pretty mean...
Old Sep 1, 2007, 4:55 pm

Programs: BA
Last Sunday on LH450 FRA-LAX sat in front of Tom Jones in F. But then I guess it's not unusual
Old Sep 1, 2007, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir?
Last Sunday on LH450 FRA-LAX sat in front of Tom Jones in F. But then I guess it's not unusual
I attended one of his concerts in Vegas once, which was a very nice experience. ^
Old Sep 2, 2007, 4:19 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by sentom
they certainly can, but i seriously doubt that they would fly him paid F, but what do i know...

waste of money if you ask me...
For some reason, I watched "Verstehen Sie Spaß?" half a year ago, and Dirk Bach accompanied Johann Lafer to Mexico. Lafer was flying F, Bach in C (old C actually if I remember correctly).

SmilingBoy.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
I was the only F pax on LH 419 (IAD-FRA) last weekend.....16 seats all to myself. I certainly felt like a celebrity in my own personal jet.

LH 452 yesterday (MUC-LAX) had Mr Heidi Klum in 1 A and Albert of Monaco was in 1G, but he then moved to 1K for the flight.

For a few hours, Seal balanced his laptop on the right armrest and looked thru a series of pics he had taken--I'm guessing on a trip thru India or that area. I was in 2A behind him, and since his laptop has a huge screen and he was making no effort to hide the pics, I got to see pics of his wife in bed in a very short nightgown. However, since she prances on TV in only a bra and panties, I guess it's not a big deal. BTW....some very good quality pics.

Albert was working on his laptop the entire time. He never took a rest. Reading papers and working the whole flight.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Wake up Kevin.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 5:15 pm

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Yesterday afternoon, I flew HAM-CGN and Wolke Hegenbart was sitting in the first row of Economy, two rows in front of me.

I knew that I recognized her from TV, but for the life of me, I couldn't remember her name, nor the name of her sitcom (Mein Leben & Ich).
Old Sep 10, 2007, 6:32 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
Labor Day weekend flying LH F FRA-LAX I sat across the aisle from Chaka Khan. The purple hair gave it away.

- T
Old Sep 13, 2007, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Franz Beckenbauer and further football guys on LH572 to Johannesburg in F on September 5, 2007
Old Oct 14, 2007, 1:41 am

Programs: LH FTL (*S), AA, Sixt Plat, bahn.comfort
Peter Stuck was in the STR LH lounge on a Saturday morning (with two bodyguards - I think). He entered to drink an juice and left two minutes later.
Old Oct 14, 2007, 6:19 am

Programs: bmi diamond club
Michael Owen on LH4868 on 29 Sept.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by bau31888
Peter Stuck was in the STR LH lounge on a Saturday morning (with two bodyguards - I think). He entered to drink an juice and left two minutes later.
I guess you meant Peter Struck - but your post reminded me of a recent encounter with Hans Joachim "Strietzel" Stuck (former race car driver), on a flight MUC-ZRH, LX1101. Stuck and his wife were sitting in the first row in C on the right side, I was sitting two rows behind them. Stuck was acting like a complete jerk. He and his wife had huge carry-on bags with them which they had put in front of them (bulkhead row). As everyone who has done more than a PAD-PMI flight on Air Berlin knows by now, these need to be stowed elsewhere for departure and landing if you are sitting in the bulkhead seats. The purser made them aware of this in a very friendly and polite manner. Stuck immediately lashed out at the purser about how ridiculous this is, etc. As there was no space anymore in the overhead bins, the purser suggested to take the bags outside for them to be delivered again at the aircraft after landing. Stuck and his wife insisted that this was a crazy idea and that the airline would "break their stuff". Stuck was very aggressive and rude in his tone, telling the purser to get out of his way (after arguing first, he had gotten up to look for a place where to put the bag). This went on for a while until other passengers started to indicate that they were tired of this act ("is this the first time these people fly"?). Then Stuck's wife just turned back to the people sitting directly behind them and asked them to let her stow the bag under their middle seat (which, of course, was an inconvenience to them, but hey, as long as the airline would not "break" Mr. and Ms. Stuck's precious stuff...). The passengers were clearly annoyed, but got up and let them stow their stuff there. No thank you from Mr. Stuck. Instead, Mr. Stuck continued to sulk and did not acknowledge the purser when he got his drinks, instead fuming "Das hat noch ein Nachspiel für Sie".

I have rarely ever seen a (wannabe) celebrity act more like a jerk toward airline staff than Mr. Stuck on that flight. His wife wasn't much better, but at least she was a little bit apologetic to the people sitting behind them and thanked them (which he didn't do). He always seemed like an ok guy on TV, but that little episode really made me lose respect for them, and I think all other passengers sitting in the cabin had the same impression.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.