Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Celebrities or semi-celebrities you have sat next to on LH Group flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrities or semi-celebrities you have sat next to on LH Group flights

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2004, 11:18 am

Lots of semi-famous politicians and TV people at TXL all the time. Most of them heavy drinkers in the TXL SEN lounge, with the left wing politicians being on top of the "how many refills of red wine in half an hour"-hitlist. Only some remarkable encounters:

Thomas Anders with an entourage of 7 (!) people demanded at the top of his voice to get them into the SEN lounge and later somehow did succeed

Günther Jauch early morning at the gate, looking like he was completely wasted from the night before, but still very low-key and friendly to all who approached him. For an unknown reason he did decide to not board the aircraft and left (weak stomach?)

The Israeli ambassador with assistant and 3 bodyguards in Y one row in front of me. Very interesting to watch the very professional bodyguards throughout the flight, esp. when a late pax tried to take the blocked seat right next to the ambassador. Very polite but very determined to not let that happen. BTW. I always thought you couldnt bring weapons on a flight ...

Mr Mayrhuber at the SEN lounge appearing behind me while I was talking to the lounge warden about the service reductions and only got very short replies from her after some minutes. As I turned around to enter the lounge I knew why! But he was only smiling ....
Old May 17, 2004, 12:35 pm

last 12 months - all in intra-german flights:

Guenter Jauch (txl-fra, sitting y)
Michel Friedman (txl-fra, with bodyguard - sitting 1c - preboarded)
Rudi Voeller (fra-muc, very cool - sitting in c)
Udo Walz (celebrity coiffeur, txl-cgn - very nice - sitting in y, next to me - had a nice chat about jeanette biedermann)
Katy Karrenbauer ("hinter gittern", cgn-txl - very nice - sitting in c behind me - we shared the last "BUNTE" )
Rudi Carell (qkl-fra, disgustingly dressed, impolite to DB staff, sitting c - airrail same compartment)
Old May 17, 2004, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yo-yo Ma and his cello, FRA-BOS; each had a first class seat. (This was a-200 so he had to carry it up those circular stairs.)
xmarkymark likes this.
Old May 17, 2004, 3:26 pm

Steffi Graf + Jaden Gil (FRA-HAM)
Mike Krueger (MUC-HAM)
Anni Friesinger (HAM-MUC)
Paul Breitner (HAM-MUC)
Guenter Netzer (HAM-MUC)
Franz Beckenbauer (HAM-MUC)
Brian Setzer and the Stray Cats (HAM-MUC)
...all in C
and the whole HSV Soccerteam on FRA-HAM in the early 80'ties
(those were the days... )
Old May 18, 2004, 8:20 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by transpac
Yo-yo Ma and his cello, FRA-BOS; each had a first class seat. (This was a-200 so he had to carry it up those circular stairs.)
Lucky you..... Im a huge fan !!!! ^ ^
Old May 18, 2004, 9:52 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Koschnik (BRE-FRA)
Harald Juhnke (FRA-TXL)
Graf Lamsdorf (Lounge in FTL)
Andrea Thilo (FRA-TXL)
H. Weltecke (FRA-TXL)
A few soap stars, who's names only my GF knew
Old May 19, 2004, 5:09 am

after the f1 race in march amadeus class on lauda air kul-vie was full of people in that business:
r. schumaker (had a chat, cool dude ^ ), nikki lauda (believe it or not), s.stuck, all the RTL and Premiere and press guys and some more faces i knew but could not indentify.

further saw r.dennis,d.coulthard, e.jordan and some others at the airport, heading towards the BA lounge.

looks like the distances was to long for their private jets !
Old May 19, 2004, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold
Joschka Fischer on a recent FRA-EWR (he sat one row ahead with his personal assistant, being briefed and reading stuff for a UN security council meeting), talked to him very briefly - very nice and approachable.
Old May 19, 2004, 3:40 pm

Programs: LH M/M now,BA Silver,SPG PLAT, Sixt Plat/Europcar Elite VIP
sat next to Dieter Bohlen
Old May 20, 2004, 7:23 am

Rigoberta Menchu (Guatemalan Mayan-Indian Nobel Peace Prize winner) on three(!!!) separate occasions FRA-MEX or MEX-FRA.
Old May 21, 2004, 3:10 am
LUC

Programs: Miles&More (FTL), AAdvantage, HH, Marriott Skymiles, Hertz 5 S Gold, Accor,
Royalty

About 2 years ago, I took the early morning LH flight (at 7.00 am) from BRU to FRA, on a saturday. The airplane was not at a gate, we had to take a bus to the airplane. I had seat 2A. The front row was empty. When everybody had boarded, 2 cars approached the airplane. Princess Astrid of Belgium boarded, accompagnied by 2 non-uniformed policemen and, what I think, was a personal assistant. They took row 1 and part of row 2.
What amazed me : they spoke dutch. Our royal family has the reputation of speaking french amongst each other. There goes another prejudice !.
Just like we don't like early morning flights, it was clear that she also would have enjoyed a few more hours of sleep.

LUC
Old May 21, 2004, 4:22 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Blue, UA Corpse
Toni Morrison (American writer) on UA 916 FRA-IAD in Nov 2001. She was in C, I had to fly Y+, bulkhead. Lots of room to stretch out.
Old May 21, 2004, 5:45 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by sunseeker
after the f1 race in march amadeus class on lauda air kul-vie was full of people in that business:
r. schumaker (had a chat, cool dude ^ ), nikki lauda (believe it or not), s.stuck, all the RTL and Premiere and press guys and some more faces i knew but could not indentify.

further saw r.dennis,d.coulthard, e.jordan and some others at the airport, heading towards the BA lounge.

looks like the distances was to long for their private jets !
Amazing.... I also thought most of these people only flew on private aircraft...
Old May 21, 2004, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Sat near David Hasselhoff a few years ago, FRA-LAX in F. I guess Hasselhoff is a german name. Either that or he was selling Baywatch reruns to the german market.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 1:31 am

Location: DEN (Boulder) ~ UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, US Gold, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, LH SEN
Programs: Hyatt, United, Starwood, USAir, Marriott, Lufthansa, Hilton
Super Celebrity on Sunday...

Our flight was delayed three hours from LHR to DUS. We were downsized from a 737 (or something mainline) to a Eurowings Canadair...

BUT!!!

Guess who were the last two people to get on board???

Gisele Bundchen and Leonardo Dicaprio...

No one (except for me who stared at them right across from us) and the flight attendant (who asked for their autograph)...

When we landed at DUS, they got onto the bus just like everyone else to go to the terminal.

However, the funny thing was when we walked up the stairs to Passport Control. The LH VIP service lady came over and took them to a special place and everyone else started following them and didn't get that they were VIPS!

Too funny...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.