Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best way to reach LH SEN?

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2004, 2:08 am

Programs: Skyhigh Airlines Platinum for Life
If you check-in and not sit on the train - fine. You'll probably get the miles. I travel a lot between Frankfurt and Stuttgart, and of course I always use ZWS-FRA Airrail tickets for that route. It happened a couple of times that I missed the train in FRA back to ZWS, but I used the quick check-in to get hold of my bp before. And all these miles got posted. LH staff onboard the train can tick off whatever they want on their list, that doesn't count.

I wouldn't recommend to just check-in by phone or web. Get your boarding pass so you are able to send them to LH to claim your miles later.
Old May 13, 2004, 3:52 am

Programs: BA, LH, BD
Originally Posted by Winglet
This is not working, because a LH staff is in the train with a list checking physical presence. They will not accept boarding passes without a person travelling on them. You might be able to say, that one person travelling with you is in the train restaurant or on the toilet and they might not bother. The LH Staff is giving the list to the Lufthansa desk at QKL, FRA or ZWS and you will get no miles for the 5 people!!!

And be careful with this excuse, because if you are doing more than one trip a day, the chance of having the same LH staff in the train is very high.
maybe my "friends" go to the toilet alot

so i could get another "friend to do the same in reverse with my BP and i would only have to do 1 trip to credit 2
Old May 13, 2004, 8:42 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi!

Welcome Floris!
Well, I have been following this topic with interest, as it sounds rather "easy" to move up the rank
anyway, I was just checking on the Lufthansa website and also the MilesandMore website, I don't see anything related to this only rail thing. What I understand from the websites is that you need to have a connecting flight with Lufthansa or partners. Correct me if I am wrong here. I have also tried booking for this "airrail" thing on the website, but what I get is the real stuff (the flight) .
Anyone can point me to the right direction?

Thanks and a good day to all.

Old May 13, 2004, 8:51 am

Programs: SPG, HH, PC, M, M&M, V
sorry double posting

Last edited by Almschi; May 13, 2004 at 8:54 am
Old May 13, 2004, 8:53 am

Programs: SPG, HH, PC, M, M&M, V
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi!

Welcome Floris!
Well, I have been following this topic with interest, as it sounds rather "easy" to move up the rank
anyway, I was just checking on the Lufthansa website and also the MilesandMore website, I don't see anything related to this only rail thing. What I understand from the websites is that you need to have a connecting flight with Lufthansa or partners. Correct me if I am wrong here. I have also tried booking for this "airrail" thing on the website, but what I get is the real stuff (the flight) .

you can book at www.opodo.de

or better book over this site (payback) by opodo!
http://shopat.zanox.com/(t0zl1o55up0v0p55hgme2x3y)/topproducts.aspx?master=4&productid1=830515&produc tid2=582916&productid3=168955

you earn 580 payback points extra ( 1 payback point = 1 mile LH) for booking

Best Regards
Almschi

Last edited by Almschi; May 13, 2004 at 8:55 am
Old May 13, 2004, 9:00 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by ajinlondon
maybe my "friends" go to the toilet alot

so i could get another "friend to do the same in reverse with my BP and i would only have to do 1 trip to credit 2
5 friends in a train's bathroom, now there's a party. I tried to get my friend's BP when his flight from LHR was delayed, but LH would not give it to me. So you and your friend(s) need to be there to at least start the process and each segment usually requires checkin at the LH AirRail office for the BP for that segment.

I used to find the AirRail segments on lufthansa.de but haven't seen them there lately. They were showing up on the "availability" tool, but I haven't been able to get that to work lately either. Opodo has them, but poorly organized.
Old May 13, 2004, 9:59 am
Suspended

I just tried opodo.co.uk (not reading german), and could not find the fare.
Old May 13, 2004, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi!

Welcome Floris!

Due to IT related problems ( that is the answer I got from LH) it's not possible to book Airrail tickets or regular tickets containing an Airrail leg on LH's website, if you enter ZWS or QKL as airport code.
Old May 13, 2004, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by MapleLeaf
I just tried opodo.co.uk (not reading german), and could not find the fare.
GBP 44/66 EUR is available on opodo.co.uk
Make sure there is a sunday in between.
Old May 13, 2004, 10:28 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Blue, UA Corpse
Originally Posted by daysleeper
Due to IT related problems ( that is the answer I got from LH)

Bull****.

it's not possible to book Airrail tickets or regular tickets containing an Airrail leg on LH's website, if you enter ZWS or QKL as airport code.
Old May 13, 2004, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by daysleeper
Due to IT related problems ( that is the answer I got from LH) it's not possible to book Airrail tickets or regular tickets containing an Airrail leg on LH's website, if you enter ZWS or QKL as airport code.
I got same answer that LH programmers cannot find a solution. They said they now have so many IT problems that THIS small problem is at the bottom of the pile. They say when they have solved every thing else, they will come back to it.
Old May 13, 2004, 11:24 am

Programs: 4U_regular, LH_SEN, HH_Gold, Starwood_Gold ...
[QUOTE=Almschi]you can book at www.opodo.de

it can also be booked directly with LH via the phone line.
I use to book via phone after i make sure about availability. zws-fra is often full on sunday afternoon
Old May 13, 2004, 11:32 am

Programs: 4U_regular, LH_SEN, HH_Gold, Starwood_Gold ...
on crediting Airrail after 01.August

for the ones leaving m&m after 01.August:
does any other *Alliance program compares to M&M on crediting Airrail after 01.August?
i think bmi diamond club is the best option!

cheers!
cs
Old Dec 17, 2004, 3:29 pm

Any new post 8/1/4 suggestions/ ideas /experiences?
Old Dec 18, 2004, 12:07 am

renew sen status - how?

GReat ideas - but the train is down after the changes they mad.. I'm SEN ( FRA/ but living in the USA) and up to know I flew quite a bit to South America; but that is over and this year I only got 47000 m; my SEN status will expire at the end of 2005. I'd like to renew him.. So the RWT seemes a way to do so.
Starting in FRA - can anybody give me a good schedule for August/ July to earn miles as much as possible, but in not more then 2 weeks?

Thanks for any hint!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.