Wiki Posts
Search

Best way to reach LH SEN?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2004, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
@All

Thank you very much for your suggestions. The milage collection has started. I will post a follow-up once things are moving.
Old May 11, 2004, 8:03 am
Suspended

Could I theortically do this?

5 rt's on Fri
5 rt's on Sat
5 rt's on Sun
5 rt's on Mon

Fri and Sat I use the outbound segments for each of the tickets, on Sun and Mon I use the inbound segments for each of the tickets.

In 4 days I have accumulated 100K in my SEN account and have renewed my SEN status for another 2 years. Did I get this right?

Does LH have any problems with back to back like this or is it considered evil like some other airlines?

Of course this has to be done before August when the rules change, but if this is right, then I could renew my SEN status till 08 for 1 320 euros.
Old May 11, 2004, 9:03 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by MapleLeaf
Does LH have any problems with back to back like this or is it considered evil like some other airlines?

Of course this has to be done before August when the rules change, but if this is right, then I could renew my SEN status till 08 for 1 320 euros.
Yes.

I often did some back to back ticketing in person at 'my' local LH office in Zürich, all ticketed in one session - never a problem.
Old May 11, 2004, 9:06 am
Patron

Assuming your re-qualification years are 2004 or 2005 (= SEN status until 02/06) you need 100K status miles (not registered in Germany) to requalify until 02/08.

Until July31st 2004 20 r/t ZWS-FRAvv produce 100K status miles, so it is a clear round!

I am not sure, if you can do five r/t per day (eg on Sunday the first train departs at FRA at 1120), but there are experts who can offer an elaborated time table.

BTW: Maybe a child will accompany you? The business class fare for children under 11 years of age for FRA-ZWS vv is € 33,--

Old May 11, 2004, 9:11 am
Suspended

sweet! Even if I only get 4 rt's for 2 of the days, I will still end up with 90K for ~ 1 000 euros. The other 10K I will add through regular flying, or one of my $99 rt to FLL from BUF.

Now to get to FRA.

All this planning is fun.
Old May 11, 2004, 9:56 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Patron is correct about the Sunday scheduling problems. You can do 5 RT's in each group, if you end up in Cologne at nite, as they have some early trains. Though, close is good too, so plan a LH (or *A) flight over to FRA for the extra miles needed.
Old May 11, 2004, 10:43 am
Suspended

Not that I would ever do this, but is it possible to book an airrail, check-in over the phone or via the web (however it is done), but not ride the rail? I seem to remember reading about this before, not sure if it is an option.

Again, not that I would ever do this...
Old May 11, 2004, 11:25 am

Not that I would ever do this, but is it possible to book an airrail, check-in over the phone or via the web (however it is done), but not ride the rail? I seem to remember reading about this before, not sure if it is an option.

No, the check that in the train Your "flight" will be void. By the way only the first trip of the day is counted directly. The others have to be claimed.
Old May 11, 2004, 12:35 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $

If you only want the SEN status and not the miles, you can try the LH status match ! If you have prem. status with any other non *aliance airline !
Old May 11, 2004, 1:48 pm

Programs: LH FTL, BA Blue, UA Corpse
Exclamation

Originally Posted by BalluBallu
No, the check that in the train Your "flight" will be void. By the way only the first trip of the day is counted directly. The others have to be claimed.
And that could take months... Did an Airrail MR last September. I am still wating for miles claimed in December. M/M hotline told me that the bps are sent to DEL (yes, Dehli ) to check. I think this is an inofficial strategy to get rid of mileage runners. They are pretty aware about the phenomenon and, especially in QKL they insist of checking in just before the flight to avoid virtual Airriling. So be aware, if miles are needed until the end of the year, they owe me still 15K
Old May 11, 2004, 3:13 pm

rbAA, what was the exact itinerary that you used for your 2 RT's in FC on USAir (and if you happen to have that data available, how many miles did each segment give you)?

sfosenkid

Originally Posted by rbAA
You can do the LH AirRail RT's in Business class for EUR80 for FRA-QKL (Cologne) or EUR 66 for FRA to ZWS (Stuttgart.) These are weekend fares and are 2000 miles per segment. You can do 4 or 5 RT's per weekend for 16000 to 20000 miles. Once you reach FTL level, that goes to 2500 miles per segment. The cost per status mile is great at EUR .02/mile until you reach FTL then goes to EUR .016/mile, assuming you do the Cologne runs. Less if you use the Stuttgart run, though in March there were a lot of delays on that line and you can only get 4/ weekend on FRA-ZWS, due to the train schedule.

I qualified for SEN with 2 RT's in FC on USAir, SFO-FPO with 9 segments each for US$620/RT and 3 AirRail RT's, one at EUR 80 and 2 at EUR66, so a total of about US$1500 or about US$.015/status mile, as I live in the US and only needed 100,000 miles, and I had FTL status as of the end of 2003, so all trips this year at 25% elite bonus.
Old May 11, 2004, 7:07 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by BalluBallu
You do have to check in and give your boarding pass for the segment to count. At FRA they gave me both boarding passes for my FRA-QKL-FRA trip.

I received immediate credit for all 3 RT's I did the last weekend of March and the Saturday segments appeared on my statement I printed out on Sunday at FRA. Now USAir flights, there you have to send them in and wait and repeat and wait....
Old May 12, 2004, 9:28 am

Programs: BA, LH, BD
Originally Posted by rbAA
You do have to check in and give your boarding pass for the segment to count. At FRA they gave me both boarding passes for my FRA-QKL-FRA trip.

I received immediate credit for all 3 RT's I did the last weekend of March and the Saturday segments appeared on my statement I printed out on Sunday at FRA. Now USAir flights, there you have to send them in and wait and repeat and wait....
so would it be possible for say 5 people to check in but only 1 travel - the others forgot their bags and dont actually sit on board?
Old May 12, 2004, 11:28 am

Programs: LH SEN (*G), Sixt Platinum, Hilton GOLD VIP, Steigenberger
Originally Posted by ajinlondon
so would it be possible for say 5 people to check in but only 1 travel - the others forgot their bags and dont actually sit on board?
This is not working, because a LH staff is in the train with a list checking physical presence. They will not accept boarding passes without a person travelling on them. You might be able to say, that one person travelling with you is in the train restaurant or on the toilet and they might not bother. The LH Staff is giving the list to the Lufthansa desk at QKL, FRA or ZWS and you will get no miles for the 5 people!!!

And be careful with this excuse, because if you are doing more than one trip a day, the chance of having the same LH staff in the train is very high.

Last edited by Winglet; May 12, 2004 at 4:05 pm
Old May 13, 2004, 1:48 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Blue, UA Corpse
Thumbs down

At QKL check-in they do everything to prevent a virtual Airrail. They once insisted on only issueing the bp for the (MR) segment directly following and wrote down my name to ensure physical presence on the train. I had to come back two hours later to get the other bp for the late segment (which cut my layover time at QKL and forced me to rapid Kölsch turnover at Früh ) So be aware, they could be really nasty at QKL, since there are no quick check-in machines patiently issueing all bps of the day without any silly questions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.