Search

Compensation right due to flight irregularity in Lufthansa

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2024, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & Smiles
Compensation right due to flight irregularity in Lufthansa

Hey all,

I just want to share my experience with you and seek your advice.
I was with other 5 colleagues coming back from Mexico City to Frankfurt and then Frankfurt to Brussels on 22nd of Feb. Our first leg had a huge delay, therefore the second leg got rebooked. We had a lot of problems during the entire journey but we safely arrived to Belgium sooner or later.
My colleagues requested compensation due to this flight irregularity through the following webpage: https://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/comp...irregularities
After some email exchange with Lufthansa, they received 600 EUR compensation, however I got the following feedback when I requested mine:
We understand your wish to receive compensation. Please allow us to clarify why we are unable to fulfill your request.
Our decision has been carefully considered, your Frequent Flyer status and that such cases must be handled with appropriate care.
Of course, our decision was made after assessing carefully considering the legal liability along with goodwill considerations. Therefore, we kindly request your understanding that we choose to uphold our decision and consider the case closed.
My Frequent Flyer status??? I am a gold member of Star Alliance. If somebody should get compensated, it should have been me as a loyal flyer. I have been chasing Lufthansa every week since then, however they don't reply at all. Has anyone experienced this before?

Thanks,

Last edited by dolevo; Apr 26, 2024 at 10:51 am
Old Apr 26, 2024, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
What was the reason for the MEX-FRA delay?

You can take the case to the SOEP where LH will have to argue why they paid for all other pax, but yours in being denied.
chris63 and dolevo like this.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 10:35 pm

How do you contact them by email? Any email address of LH you used? I filed a case too with that webpage in February due to their strike and cancellation/rebooking. Other than receiving a case number, I haven't heard anything from them and it's been 2 months. Thanks.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by fttc
How do you contact them by email? Any email address of LH you used? I filed a case too with that webpage in February due to their strike and cancellation/rebooking. Other than receiving a case number, I haven't heard anything from them and it's been 2 months. Thanks.
As usual they have a huge backlog, they will not respond to emails, you can try the Lufthansa lurkers at the top of this thread and ask them to chase customer relations.
fttc likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cfischer
What was the reason for the MEX-FRA delay?

You can take the case to the SOEP where LH will have to argue why they paid for all other pax, but yours in being denied.
It was due to strike.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 11:06 am
Original Poster

I filled in the form, which ended up creating a case. I see emails are sent to [email protected]
fttc likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dolevo
It was due to strike.
it depends of course on ‘who’ was on strike to determine whether you have a case or not. Not all of the February strikes qualify, e.g. some of the ground staff Verdi strikes are not covered.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
it depends of course on ‘who’ was on strike to determine whether you have a case or not. Not all of the February strikes qualify, e.g. some of the ground staff Verdi strikes are not covered.
Can you elaborate? Sure if Verdi strikes is on the trains, then it's different. But I believe both of the February strikes are against LH specifically.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 12:07 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Can you elaborate? Sure if Verdi strikes is on the trains, then it's different. But I believe both of the February strikes are against LH specifically.
There were e.g. strikes of security personell on German airports, but that would not impact MEX-FRA.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If LH personnel is on strike, you are covered. If e.g. ground handling is on strike then no compensation is due

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.