Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Checked Bag Allowance on United Ticket with LH Flight

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2024, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Checked Bag Allowance on United Ticket with LH Flight

I have a reservation for my father that I booked directly with UA. This is for travel from BHX to FRA on LH (coach) then connecting on to SFO on UA in Polaris Business.

I wanted to confirm that his 2 x 32KG allowance would be be applicable for the entire journey. I had to check-in via LH and I see 1 x 23KG listed for the LH first leg
Old Apr 1, 2024, 12:03 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
This option to grant the latter allowance is up to the check in carrier with a twist.

Is this first flight a UA codeshare or LH native flight?
Old Apr 1, 2024, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
The first flight is an LH flight (LH953), Surely common sense should prevail here, been on phone to 1k line last 30 mins, and even they have received conflicting information.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 12:21 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by navatwal
The first flight is an LH flight (LH953), Surely common sense should prevail here, been on phone to 1k line last 30 mins, and even they have received conflicting information.
UA will have no influence or answer for this, this needs to go to the LH forum.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Per DOT "first marketing carrier" policy, LH policy will apply to the entire journey.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Is there an option to upgrade the LH flight segment with cash prior to arriving to airport?
Old Apr 1, 2024, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mduell
Per DOT "first marketing carrier" policy, LH policy will apply to the entire journey.
True. And per DOT "we don't bother hiring people who understand anything about flying commercially" policy, there's no requirement that indicates which policy that should be -- business class or economy.

Oh, and also per the same "first marketing carrier' policy, LH has the obligation -- which I believe they honor -- of deferring to the most significant carrier.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 5:48 pm

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
I have a reservation for my father that I booked directly with UA. This is for travel from BHX to FRA on LH (coach) then connecting on to SFO on UA in Polaris Business.

I wanted to confirm that his 2 x 32KG allowance would be be applicable for the entire journey. I had to check-in via LH and I see 1 x 23KG listed for the LH first leg
Not so easy to answer.
Is the iternary on one ticket? If yes, was the FRA-SFO leg upgraded? If yes, how?
Old Apr 1, 2024, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by athome
Not so easy to answer.
Is the iternary on one ticket? If yes, was the FRA-SFO leg upgraded? If yes, how?

Yes one ticket, FRA-SFO was upgraded using United Pluspoints

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.