Upgrading revenue ticket rebooked due to schedule change

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2024, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & More FTL *S
Upgrading revenue ticket rebooked due to schedule change

I've booked the following revenue Economy itinerary last year:

26.04.2024 LH1661 + LH452
05.05.2024 LH459 + 06.05.2024 LH1660 (not really relevant for my question)

Due to a schedule change to LH452 a few months ago, I took the opportunity to rebook using the alternatives that have been offered in the app and ended up with:

26.04.2024 LH1661 + LH95 + LH456

Before rebooking, I was able to upgrade both outbound legs as well as inbound legs at fixed price. After rebooking, I'm only able to upgrade the inbound legs, which haven't been rebooked. I still see the option to bid for all flights, but as far as upgrading for a fixed price, this isn't possible.

I've asked 2 different LH employees through chat why this is and their answer is that all these flights are fully booked. Using EF I can see that this is clearly not the case. I've also asked if the ticket hasn't been correctly reissued after rebooking and they said that the ticket is fine.

Do you guys have any clue what could be going on? Should I call a specific call centre to get better trained CS representatives?
Old Mar 29, 2024, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Typical clueless agents …..

Call DE during normal office hours select German, they all speak English
fabytm likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 8:55 pm

Programs: LH SEN, UA PremSilver
LH 456 on April 26 definitely has availability in everything except F. The First Class cabin is currently full. If you're just trying to get out of Y on that flight, it should be possible. The upgrade options for specific segments online do seem to depend upon married segments, and I've had agents say that a rebooking is necessary when the online option isn't showing or working. Since your outbound is rebooked already, it's probably no longer syncing as a married segment. Just a hunch. Definitely try to cycle through agents to see if one is more helpful, but I wouldn't be surprised if one of them suggests rebooking both directions.
fabytm likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & More FTL *S
Just to give an update regarding this problem.

I first called the local customer service here in Romania and the lady that answered saw there was an issue which didn't allow my ticket to be upgraded, but confirmed that this wasn't because of an availability problem.

Then I called DE customer service (during DE office hours) and the first guy that answered definitely wasn't from Germany (judging by the way he talked, I speak fluent German) and kept on saying that there is simply no availability. At one point he wouldn't believe me that I am the passenger and not a travel agent when I kept telling him that availability is not an issue, yuck...

Second call to the DE customer service got me to a representative that was from Germany at least and even though at first the answer was no availability, after some more digging, they came back with prices for upgrades on all segments. Still, it wouldn't be possible for me to upgrade through the website/app, which is what I wanted (so that I can track the prices and hopefully get a lower price if a lower class opens up).

Oh well, I give up, I'll just bid and hope for the best. Thanks for your suggestions.
chris63 and Keter like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.