Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Ground Handling Verdi Strike on 7-8 MAR 2024

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2024, 1:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Exclamation Lufthansa Ground Handling Verdi Strike on 7-8 MAR 2024

https://www.verdi.de/presse/pressemi...e-cbd123f5404c

Nachdem die Verhandlungsaufforderung an den Lufthansa Konzern auch nach den kürzlichen Streiktagen bei der Lufthansa Cargo und der Lufthansa Technik außerhalb des Passagierverkehrs unerfüllt blieb und das Unternehmen keinerlei Bereitschaft zeigt, ein wertigeres Angebot vorzulegen, ruft die Vereinte Dienstleistungsgewerkschaft (ver.di) nun die Lufthansa Bodenbeschäftigten am Donnerstag und Freitag dieser Woche (7./8. März 2024) erneut zu einem Warnstreik auf.

Der Warnstreik für die passagiernahen Bereiche beginnt am Donnerstag, dem 7. März 2024 ab 4.00 Uhr und endet am Samstag, dem 9. März 2024 um 7.10 Uhr. Für die nicht passagiernahen Bereiche, wie Fracht oder Technik, gelten abweichende Zeiten.
BearX220, chris63 and hugolover like this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 1:59 am

Programs: LH SEN only nowadays, AF & AY basic. Radisson Blu fan :-)
wonderful news for my trip on Thursday...maybe stupid question as I've been able to avoid this mess so far... does this also affect flights by other airlines handled by LH? Specifically, if I change to fly on AF out of BER will I be fine?
Old Mar 4, 2024, 2:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

LH's groundhandling is limited to FRA/MUC only. The other germany airports have other providers.
pilatusguy and demue like this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 3:10 am

Programs: Miles & More FTL *S
Anyone know the extent of the strike? Will all flights have to be cancelled? I'm flying out of MUC on the 6th and should fly back into MUC on the 9th, flight arrives before 7:10AM, both flights on Lufthansa. I've seen Lufthansa fly planes before the strike begins to outstations, have them sit there until the strike is over, ready for the flight back, I hope this will be the case this time too.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 3:23 am

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
On March 7th I will fly MUC - FRA on LH and then FRA to HND on ANA.
I have to check my bag as it is a big one.

How will this impact/affect me?

Would you consider a smart move to fly MUC to FRA on March 6th night, spend the night there and then fly HND from FRA on March 7th on ANA?

Thank you
Old Mar 4, 2024, 3:30 am

Now the fun really starts. GDL goes on train strike from Thursday 2:am for 35h, meeting the VERDI action timeframe.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 4:31 am

These keep getting progressively more annoying lately, which I am sure is the intention.
seanp7 and Duck1981 like this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 4:53 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Are Swiss flights impacted by this in any way?
Old Mar 4, 2024, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fabytm
Anyone know the extent of the strike? Will all flights have to be cancelled?[...] I've seen Lufthansa fly planes before the strike begins to outstations, have them sit there until the strike is over, ready for the flight back, I hope this will be the case this time too.
That is the standard more of operation, all flights cancelled but ready at outstations to arrive once the strike is over. The cabin and flight crew can fly the day before.
fabytm likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 4:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by sodaisei
On March 7th I will fly MUC - FRA on LH and then FRA to HND on ANA.
I have to check my bag as it is a big one.

How will this impact/affect me?

Would you consider a smart move to fly MUC to FRA on March 6th night, spend the night there and then fly HND from FRA on March 7th on ANA?

Thank you
You are affected as most likely you won't have an option to come from MUC to FRA on the 7th apart from driving.

I think there's no option for you other than going on the 6th, and I wouldn't fly or take a train too late that day to make sure you are not subject to early flight or train cancellations (the latter more unlikely). You also might like to book your hotel in Frankfurt asap (especially if you like to stay at the airport).
Old Mar 4, 2024, 4:56 am
Original Poster

LH.com:

Restrictions in Lufthansa's flight schedule due to a strike by the Verdi union

The trade union Verdi has once again called on ground staff at Deutsche Lufthansa AG, Lufthansa Technik, Lufthansa Cargo and other companies to go on a 60-hour warning strike from Wednesday (March 6) at 8:00 pm until Saturday (March 9) at 7:10 am.
As a result, Lufthansa is expecting extensive effects on the flight program.
Passengers who will be affected by an irregularity will receive information about cancellations and rebooking options by email or in the Lufthansa app.
If you have booked a Lufthansa flight during the strike period, please visit this page regularly. We will keep you informed about updates at all times.
Lufthansa apologises for the inconvenience.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 4:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by S.R
Are Swiss flights impacted by this in any way?
No - as long as you don't plan to fly from/ to Germany where Lufthansa AG does the ground handling.

Last edited by Duck1981; Mar 4, 2024 at 5:16 am
Old Mar 4, 2024, 5:04 am

Programs: Miles & More FTL *S
I see most flights on Wednesday and Saturday arriving into Munich or departing Munich have only Y and J availability. This doesn't seem to be the case for flights Thursday and Friday, as these will probably be cancelled shortly.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 5:20 am

Does LH rebook on non-partner airlines like BA/AF/KL during strikes like this? I’m booked in Premium Economy and obviously there aren’t many rebooking options.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 5:25 am

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
Originally Posted by Duck1981
You are affected as most likely you won't have an option to come from MUC to FRA on the 7th apart from driving.

I think there's no option for you other than going on the 6th, and I wouldn't fly or take a train too late that day to make sure you are not subject to early flight or train cancellations (the latter more unlikely). You also might like to book your hotel in Frankfurt asap (especially if you like to stay at the airport).
Thank you

I have a conference to attend in Munich on the 6th, so I would need to take a PM flight or train to FRA. You think train is a safer option than flight?
Also, I booked with ANA, do you think I should try to rebook through them or this is a LH problem and therefore I have to deal with them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.