Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consideration of pax linked but in different cabins?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2024, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, UA PremSilver
Consideration of pax linked but in different cabins?

What considerations, if any, might LH make for pax who are flying on linked tickets (OSI TCP entry) but in different cabins? For example, might they:

• Completely ignore the link or not even take notice of it?
• Seat the pax in the lesser cabin closer to the front (esp. with ground transport due from feeder flight)?
• Possibly op-up the pax in the lesser cabin?

I'm curious about any typical scenarios, but the specific one coming up for me is 2 pax, one SEN in F and the other no status in PE. LJU-FRA-LAX. The feeder flight will land at an apron position, so there will be a car waiting. Would that prompt LH to seat the pax in Y closer to the front to deplane with the one in J more smoothly? Or do they not care?

One related point of curiosity: I have offered up vouchers for the companion to get upgraded, but those are waitlisted. What if we are both in a FCL or the FCT and the upgrade clears during that time? Will LH know that the pax getting upgraded is a visitor in a lounge and is not at the gate?
Old Feb 26, 2024, 3:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Fennario
What considerations, if any, might LH make for pax who are flying on linked tickets (OSI TCP entry) but in different cabins? For example, might they:

• Seat the pax in the lesser cabin closer to the front (esp. with ground transport due from feeder flight)?

I'm curious about any typical scenarios, but the specific one coming up for me is 2 pax, one SEN in F and the other no status in PE. LJU-FRA-LAX. The feeder flight will land at an apron position, so there will be a car waiting. Would that prompt LH to seat the pax in Y closer to the front to deplane with the one in J more smoothly? Or do they not care?

One related point of curiosity: I have offered up vouchers for the companion to get upgraded, but those are waitlisted. What if we are both in a FCL or the FCT and the upgrade clears during that time? Will LH know that the pax getting upgraded is a visitor in a lounge and is not at the gate?
AFAIK it will only come into effect if there are IRROPS and the PAX need rebooked, trying to ensure both PAX end up on the same alternate flight(s).

If it meant op ups etc then people would not book 2 tickets in the same cabin if travelling together.

At a LH lounge they would know the PAX had entered a lounge, but since you do not scan out the lounge they will not know if they are still there. You may mention at the desk at the lounge. Normal practice, i think, would be that the new boarding pass will becwaiting at the gate. Not first, but my last y to c upgrade i saw my seat and boarding group change in the app. I was not in an LH lounge, it was airport 3rd party lounge, so i collected the new bp at the gate when i got there. Had I been in a LH lounge then i would have asked the lounge staff
Fennario likes this.

Last edited by scottishpoet; Feb 26, 2024 at 3:57 am
Old Feb 26, 2024, 5:01 am

Programs: LH HON

call LH to link the two tickets! Then they will know and you both will be picked by the car at apron position.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
You may mention at the desk at the lounge. Normal practice, i think, would be that the new boarding pass will becwaiting at the gate.
We'll never see the gate, since we will be driven to the plane. Good idea to get the desk involved. Hopefully that will help.

Originally Posted by shipsmail
call LH to link the two tickets! Then they will know and you both will be picked by the car at apron position.
As noted in OP, tix are already linked and car is expected for party of 2. Mostly just curious how it works when one person is in the back of the plane and the other at the front...would LH proactively seat the Y pax further forward to make deplaning to the car outside easier?
Old Feb 26, 2024, 5:18 am

Mostly just curious how it works when one person is in the back of the plane and the other at the front...would LH proactively seat the Y pax further forward to make deplaning to the car outside easier?
They won’t - you can of course always pick a closer seat for them or ask at gate.
just recently, me in 4D, a friend in 12F. I waited at the car. Not a big deal.
Fennario likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by daumueller
They won’t - you can of course always pick a closer seat for them or ask at gate.
just recently, me in 4D, a friend in 12F. I waited at the car. Not a big deal.
Were your two tickets linked in the system? It's definitely not a huge deal, just a bit less lounge time on a short layover. I'm mostly curious how LH's attention to service extends to linked PNRs in such cases, aside from the obvious (i.e. allowing lounge and car guests).
Old Feb 26, 2024, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
As noted in OP, tix are already linked and car is expected for party of 2. Mostly just curious how it works when one person is in the back of the plane and the other at the front...would LH proactively seat the Y pax further forward to make deplaning to the car outside easier?
IME makes no difference, you just wait for your guest at the Car
Fennario and PLeblond like this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 6:07 am

We had two in F and two in C with LX. The LX agent pointed out that by linking the tickets, SEN status would apply to those in C in order to assure good seats in the forward cabin. On arrival we were told the bus did not have enough space for all four of us. Luckily we were planning to stay in E to sleep off jet lag in the day room of the lounge.
Fennario likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GlobalNomad
The LX agent pointed out that by linking the tickets, SEN status would apply to those in C in order to assure good seats in the forward cabin.
Exactly the sort of detail that I was curious to know, so thank you!
Old Feb 26, 2024, 6:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
I am surprised the link can make that happen. Afaik it is just a note in the booking.

for sure on ba tcp does not apply status benefits to anyone in the tcp party, even in the same cabin. ba also uses altea
Old Feb 26, 2024, 7:19 am

Were your two tickets linked in the system? It's definitely not a huge deal, just a bit less lounge time on a short layover. I'm mostly curious how LH's attention to service extends to linked PNRs in such cases, aside from the obvious (i.e. allowing lounge and car guests).
they were linked - which is important to ensure enough seats on the limo. But other than that, it doesn't give any added benefits for the other PAX while the HON is not involved.
Fennario, PLeblond and chris63 like this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 7:34 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The system can link everyone in one party during the checkin process. They are merged into on group/party and get the same boarding group sometimes even access to preferred seating upfront. But the latter doesn't always work.
Fennario likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by GlobalNomad
We had two in F and two in C with LX. The LX agent pointed out that by linking the tickets, SEN status would apply to those in C in order to assure good seats in the forward cabin. On arrival we were told the bus did not have enough space for all four of us. Luckily we were planning to stay in E to sleep off jet lag in the day room of the lounge.
The F transfer on arrival service is exclusively for inbound LX F pax, even HON do not currently receive that, entirely different at LH
athome and GlobalNomad like this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The system can link everyone in one party during the checkin process. They are merged into on group/party and get the same boarding group sometimes even access to preferred seating upfront. But the latter doesn't always work.
but that only works when in same COS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.