Wiki Posts
Search

Combining different miles programmes in one booking

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2024, 3:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus, Hilton Diamond
Combining different miles programmes in one booking

I have made a booking with Lufthansa. I would like to use my Miles and More account (LH) for the flights onwards and Miles and Smiles (TK) for the return. Is there any practical way to do it? Anyone has the experience to advise?
Thanks!
Old Jan 24, 2024, 3:20 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Buy two single award tickets, each with the respective FFP
Or do you mean for earning ?
If that is for earning, in theory you can. Change the program when checking in on the second leg. However it might still credit to the first program. FFP numbers tends to be sticky. So try but no guarantees it works.
docsxx likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 4:12 am

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Originally Posted by fransknorge
Buy two single award tickets, each with the respective FFP
Or do you mean for earning ?
If that is for earning, in theory you can. Change the program when checking in on the second leg. However it might still credit to the first program. FFP numbers tends to be sticky. So try but no guarantees it works.
I have done this quite often. Make sure you get a printed boarding pass showing the new number. Sometimes they will say they have done it, but without print with th new number, they likely havent....
docsxx likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 5:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by docsxx
I have made a booking with Lufthansa. I would like to use my Miles and More account (LH) for the flights onwards and Miles and Smiles (TK) for the return. Is there any practical way to do it? Anyone has the experience to advise?
Thanks!
after you have flown the outbound open the booking in mmb while you are not logged in

the booking should show the ffp number from the outbound and you should be able to change it.

Similarly you can do it at online check in

finally, you can go to a check in desk and ask them to change it
docsxx likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus, Hilton Diamond
Many thanks to all for your replies!
Old Jan 24, 2024, 5:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
To be absolutely sure, call LH and ask them to assign the FFP numbers to the specific segments and remove the general FFP field so that the system doesn't pull the wrong number.
docsxx likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 8:53 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Or, you can retroactively credit the miles to the relevant programs. This way youre certain that theres no wrong ffp stuck to the booking.
docsxx, the810 and fereke like this.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Deckter
Or, you can retroactively credit the miles to the relevant programs. This way youre certain that theres no wrong ffp stuck to the booking.
That is the safest thing to do for sure, you might miss certain status benefits if they exist. Out- and In-bound usually works well, on a per-segment basis this almost always gets messy IME.
Deckter and docsxx like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.