Wiki Posts
Search

LH ticketed codeshare flight on NZ - discrepency in flight details

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2023, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, NZ
LH ticketed codeshare flight on NZ - discrepency in flight details

Sorry for long post, have a confusing situation on a LH ticketed codeshare that I can't get a resolution with via a call centre.

I have a booking made direct on the LH website, that includes a connection to an NZ operated flight (LH flight number).
There is a strange situation where LH is saying there has been a time change for the flight, but NZ is saying the flight is still at the original time.

NZ has two flights from LAX to AKL. When we booked the flight as LH7164, it was codeshare with NZ5 departing LAX at 19:55. I spoke to NZ on the phone and they confirmed we are on this flight (and with seats reserved). LH is showing us as departing LAX at 20:45, which matches the timing of NZ3. I spoken with LH and the are insistent we are booked on the codeshare flight that is NZ3 at 20:45, despite NZ confiming we are on NZ5 departing at 19:55.

The LH app shows 20:45 and NZ app shows 19:55. This may seem like a small difference but we have a domestic connection on a separate ticket and the 50 mins significantly reduces the chance of the connection.

Does anyone have any other ideas on how to get clarity on this?
It almost seems like LH have moved their LH7164 code from NZ5 to NZ3, as they are telling me it is the same flight but with a new time. However this still doesn't align with what NZ (as the operating carrier) is saying we are confirmed on. If there is a support email address I would contact that with screenshots to help explain the situation, but I can't seem to find one and we fly next week.

Last edited by DavidTNZ; Dec 29, 2023 at 2:10 pm
Old Dec 29, 2023, 12:52 pm

Programs: LH HON
When is your flight?

as of this week, 7164 is indeed NZ3

Last edited by daumueller; Dec 29, 2023 at 1:46 pm
Old Dec 29, 2023, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

We fly on 6 January.
Old Dec 29, 2023, 1:47 pm

That looks like NZ3 indeed, also according to multiple sources…. The earlier one would be LH7160

did you ever receive a time change? Maybe you can get put on the earlier?
Old Dec 29, 2023, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

LH has given a schedule change notification quite some time ago.
NZ is still showing a 19:55 departure (and confirmed this on the phone today, saying we were confirmed on NZ5).

I asked LH to move us back to the 19:55 departure but they would only do this with a penalty charge.

NZ app

LH app
Old Dec 31, 2023, 7:20 am

This is super weird… however. If you’re confirmed on the right flight on the NZ App, I’d probably expect this one to be correct (I’d trust the operating airline
chris63 likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by daumueller
This is super weird… however. If you’re confirmed on the right flight on the NZ App, I’d probably expect this one to be correct (I’d trust the operating airline
True, but LHG IT is capable of marking them as no show for the “real” flight and then mess up the reminder of OP’s ticket :/
Old Dec 31, 2023, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by lxfc
True, but LHG IT is capable of marking them as no show for the “real” flight and then mess up the reminder of OP’s ticket :/
nah, NZ will mark the coupon as used.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by daumueller
I'm going with this logic too, we are flying from MUC and connecting in LAX so at least will find out at check in at MUC what the right flight is. It's not an easy one to explain over the phone and would really like to convince someone to get on a call to NZ to confirm it. I still think the LH7164 code might have been shifted to NZ3 after we booked (at the time onto NZ5).

We will be passing through MUC the day before so might drop into an LH service desk if we see one to see if they can work out what the situation is. I'll probably skip doing OLCI in case it causes a meltdown.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 4:27 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Codeshare flights go into airport control of the operating airline about 72h before departure. The matter resolves itself then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.