Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Class return to US on Miles and More

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2023, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Question Business Class return to US on Miles and More

I booked Business class from Denver to LJU for 9/2/2024 on M+M points for 78,000 points per person, about a month ago, and am trying to book our return for 9/13 to 9/16 time period and practically nothing is available, and what is is for 3-400,000 points per person. I have also checked several other gateway cities such as MUC, FRA ,VIE, ZRH. I have no problem paying surcharges but can't find anything available. Is this just surge pricing? Any suggestions? 2 people flying Thanks!
Old Dec 9, 2023, 10:30 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Benster
I booked Business class from Denver to LJU for 9/2/2024 on M+M points for 78,000 points per person, about a month ago, and am trying to book our return for 9/13 to 9/16 time period and practically nothing is available, and what is is for 3-400,000 points per person. I have also checked several other gateway cities such as MUC, FRA ,VIE, ZRH. I have no problem paying surcharges but can't find anything available. Is this just surge pricing? Any suggestions? 2 people flying Thanks!
You must have booked two Business Flex Plus awards from DEN to LJU for 2 Sept. I don’t understand where you have found return flights for 3-400,000 points/miles per person. M&M oneway awards between Europe and the US are either 56,000 or 78,000 miles in Business or 91,000 or 115,000 miles in First. Economy and Premium Economy awards obviously cost less. If you found something for 3-400,000 points/miles per person you must have searched somewhere other than M&M.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Figured it out. Lufthansa flies to something like 26 cities in the US. Instead of just checking for return to Denver, we are returning to MSP on a 9 hour business class flight, then we will get back to Denver on SW, etc. I know this strategy, just had a brain far#.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
If you found something for 3-400,000 points/miles per person you must have searched somewhere other than M&M.
Probably the Dynamic award pricing cost for next Year

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.