Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2023 Flyertalk LH Club Ren Contest

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2023, 5:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
2023 Flyertalk LH Club Ren Contest

As you may remember, LH decided (in 2012) to discontinue the ever popular nonsensical feeding and breeding of virtual reindeer in a pen with lounges, worldshop gifts, and other activities. Some memories of the very popular contest are here: The Reindeer is wandering around again... [Club Ren 2011]

In a boring meeting back in 2012 I had the idea on how to create a reindeer hunt of our own and combine it with the annual review of things that happened to us in the last 11-12 months. I pitched the idea to Newbie Runner at the Advents Do 2012 and sought further help from TRAVELSIG to expand the list of 24 clues. Since then we have had a few versions of this game, the last ones in
2016: 2016 Flyertalk LH Club Ren Contest
2020: 2020 Flyertalk LH Club Ren Contest
and 2022: 2022 Flyertalk LH Club Ren Contest
This year has certainly been eventful and I'm sure we had 24-25 topics to talk about.

So here we go:

Presenting the
:-::-:2023 Flyertalk Club Ren :-::-:
on all things around Lufthansa Miles & More (including Swiss, Austrian, LOT Polish, Luxair, Adr..., sorry Croatia, Eurowings, Brussels & partners)

- How does it work?
Each day Newbie Runner and/or I will post a clue to a thread on FT related to LH & co that will contain an image of an FT ren with a letter*.
Collect the letters, and on December 24/25, you will have 24/25 letters that will give you the winning answer.

- Can I share my findings publicly by posting in this thread?
Yes, sharing is encouraged!

- What will I win?
This fall I received a stack of M&M giveaways for the FT Mod Do in Denver. There are some leftovers which I will mail to the lucky winner.
- How will they pick the winners:
The members that post the full answer will be be ranked in order of posting and get to pick from the list of goodies in groups of five.

* this years letter rens look like this:

Old Nov 30, 2023, 5:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

24 vs 25: Chief Ren has to confer with the other rens which phrase to use
Old Dec 1, 2023, 3:08 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Looking forward to breaking out the whiteboard
Old Dec 1, 2023, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Newbie Ren is OK with 25 letters, so expect to work till xmas day.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Clue for December 1

Santa is the boss. No doubt about it. And he flies in the sleigh on xmas eve, no one else. There is plenty of space to store his stuff under the seat besides the ample space for all the gifts. In early January a regular flyertalker flying the white red sleigh noticed a big boss come aboard with two bags and some more. Space could not be found, leaving to an hour long discussion with the red mountain elves. Find the thread and you will have the first letter of the contest!
hugolover likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 6:39 am

Just to check - did you mean to put that letter in that thread? Seems... a bit suspect.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Yes, I thought to start this year with a consonant, not vowels as before.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 7:06 am

Not worried about consonant or vowel, just it's one of the least used letters in english but if you say it's right, it's right!
Old Dec 1, 2023, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
24 vs 25: Chief Ren has to confer with the other rens which phrase to use
Phrase is three words and the name of the project that has been active for years and some more to come:

_ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Last edited by oliver2002; Dec 1, 2023 at 7:57 am
Old Dec 1, 2023, 8:04 am

I was almost sure I was about to set a world record, guessing the phrase before EOD on Dec 1, but mine has 26 charachters

still pretty confident on second and third word.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Clue for December 2

When Santa gets in and out of his sleigh its relatively easy. The elves have installed a few steps on the side, just to make sure the safety elve doesn't have anything to say in the annual audit. When people get off the tiniest of blueack sleighs, they seem to have safety concerns. One flyertalker mnetioned theirs and a debate ensued. Find the thread and collect todays letter!
hugolover likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Clue for December 3

When we elves fly on sleighs there is a lot of stress and perspiration. We have no time to waste on calls of nature, it’s all down to training. Early this year a blue white sleigh had one elve who decided to follow natures call in a unique way. Find the thread for todays clue!
hugolover likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Clue for December 4

When we elves do a good job, Santa awards us some bonus. Earlier it used to be a pat on the back, then we used to get stars on the ‚elve of the month‘ board. Now we get cold hard cash, it seems the labor laws at the arctic circle apply to elves too. Speaking of Stars it seems frequent flyers of the blueack, red white, and blue white sleighs get these for flying around after years. A duck flyer who has three already was wondering at Easter who has five. Find the thread to get todays clue!
hugolover likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Clue for December 5

As mentioned many times before, our sleigh is spartan. A bench to sit on and lots of storage. Some chocolate here and there for the long night of duty. Unlike a Flyertaker who boarded a red white sleigh only to be told by the elve in red stockings that his bags are to stay below the bench. And the chocolates were counted it seems. Find the thread for todays clue!
hugolover likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Clue for December 6

When the sleigh (or sleighs*?) head out for their xmas duty everything is meticulously planned. Relief rens are strategically placed, and fresh cargo loaded. The logistic is immense and we should probably install a proper ticket system to make sure no one is missed on xmas eve. A flyertalker wanting to fly the blue white sleigh from a country far east to the land of the free was surprised to find out he was not allowed to go since he had a ticket issued by the sleigh with a maple leaf. Very confusing affair. Find the thread for todays clue!

* Santa has 31 hours of Christmas to work with, thanks to the different time zones and the rotation of the earth, assuming he travels east to west (which seemes logical). This works out to 822.6 visits per second.
hugolover likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.