Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Survey: should visitors be allowed to the First cabin?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2023, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Survey: should visitors be allowed to the First cabin?

Lufthansa is apparently looking into F pax being able to invite guests from other classes to join them in Allegris F for a talk, drink or dinner.

I'm sure regular F travellers have thoughts, and I believe you should express them: https://cocreationhub.lufthansagroup...ining/overview

Last edited by oliver2002; Dec 11, 2023 at 1:39 am
Old Sep 28, 2023, 8:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Lufthansa is apparently looking into F pax being able to invite guests from other classes to join them in Allegris F for a talk, drink or dinner.

I'm sure regular F travellers have thoughts, and I believe you should express them: https://cocreationhub.lufthansagroup...ining/overview
Thank you for sharing and I participated and rated this a clear no. There might be cases where kids or family quickly speak or check in - I think this should be crew discretion and they have a question in the survey covering that.
sw1x likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 9:12 pm

Great, looking forward to all the foot traffic from visitors in the cabin and overhearing the middle-seat pax and his guest chat over drinks.

Welcome to the Allegris Pub 🍻!
Koby and the810 like this.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.

Yes, beyond ridiculous, as is everything Allegris
the810 and LoungeLizzard like this.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 8:05 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador

How on earth could one come up with sich an idea? I suppose they mean invite someone for free (and not for a surcharge).
Just completed the survey with my strong rejection. But was surprised of the question if I experienced on other airlines that pax from different travel class being invited to C or F. I am not sure, but afaik this is a no-go on pretty much any civilized airline nowadays, right?
Old Sep 29, 2023, 8:14 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by nemenor
Great, looking forward to all the foot traffic from visitors in the cabin and overhearing the middle-seat pax and his guest chat over drinks.

Welcome to the Allegris Pub 🍻!
And if there is a risk more people could drink F champagne and eat F caviar and not even pay an F fare (cash or miles) for that then we all know what direction the quality of said offerings will go. Up it is not
sw1x and the810 like this.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 9:54 am

Programs: LH SEN, UA PremSilver

So LHG already sees one of the upcoming problems that will be caused by having only 3.5 F seats. It's going to be a lot harder for pax to fly together in F, so of course there are going to be more requests for visitation from other cabins. I gave strong "NO" votes on this poll. F should be a sanctuary, not a social club.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 11:40 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by Fennario
F should be a sanctuary, not a social club.
F becoming a brothel, the new ultimate sanctuary will be last row Y . They are crazy , happily they are the only airline group in the world making such experiments.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 10:03 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
I just participated as well.

visitors from other cabins is a no-go, even in Business.
AlicorporateUK and LETTERBOY like this.

Last edited by 59Impala; Oct 3, 2023 at 1:52 am
Old Sep 29, 2023, 11:42 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Viennafly
How on earth could one come up with sich an idea? I suppose they mean invite someone for free (and not for a surcharge).
Just completed the survey with my strong rejection. But was surprised of the question if I experienced on other airlines that pax from different travel class being invited to C or F. I am not sure, but afaik this is a no-go on pretty much any civilized airline nowadays, right?
i have witnessed visitors in F on LX for extended amounts of time and free flowing champagne on numerous occasions.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 4:39 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by behuman
F becoming a brothel, the new ultimate sanctuary will be last row Y . They are crazy , happily they are the only airline group in the world making such experiments.
Maybe there will be an "hourly" surcharge for the ohh so awesome kind of "double seat" then? That finally explains the monetization of the Allegris F concept .
chris63 and whiskey_sk like this.

Last edited by demue; Sep 30, 2023 at 5:05 am
Old Sep 30, 2023, 8:59 am

Programs: M&M Senator
Originally Posted by demue
Maybe there will be an "hourly" surcharge for the ohh so awesome kind of "double seat" then? That finally explains the monetization of the Allegris F concept .
Fly the 'Hot Sheets" airline ... thank you for making me smile this morning.

I also received a request to participate, and like everyone in this thread, I voted straight no down the line. As someone said, it should be a sanctuary. I can also see that in dropping the A380 ... with less Business seats, Business is almost sold out on the MUC runs 30 days out. Now, I wonder how that will work, if they start inviting Y class into B for dinner and drinks.... that will be the next step.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
oh no ... terrible idea ... horrendous. What is next ... allow cell phone calls in flight?
Old Sep 30, 2023, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by cfischer
oh no ... terrible idea ... horrendous. What is next ... allow cell phone calls in flight?
I'd be surprised if there aren't already executives having zoom calls from the "privacy" of their closed-door shells in F and C "suites". Onboard wifi should easily be enough to cater for an audio call if not video.
chris63 likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 10:51 am
Formerly known as koeche

Programs: LX HON, QR Plat, Hilton Diamond, Windows 11, Adobe Creative Suite
How about getting rid of F and replace it with a bar? F will be just a magnet of frustration anyway (i.e. impossible to book or upgrade to due to no availability). In a bar people can get together and create their noise there.
chris63 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.