Search

LOT Polish FA Attitudes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2023, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN *
Cool LOT Polish FA Attitudes

Originally Posted by hugolover
Shame about the crap crew. Was that a Purser?
No, it was not a purser. It was one of the FA (who, incidentally, spoke Polish with strong Russian (?) Ukrainian (?) accent, and I had an impression she didn't fully understand Polish). She was taking the dishes after the appetizer and at the same time she was about to take my both empty glasses. As she was doing it, I told her that in Business Class, while taking the empty glasses off the table she should at least ask if I needed a refill. The FAS were not trained to be proactive at all.
Also, there were quite a few passengers from Economy coming to Business class to have a chat with their friends or family members. This was very annoying, I asked the purser to put an end to it.
Hope the experience on JFK-WAW will be better.
​​​​​
Old Feb 24, 2023, 1:43 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by andywaw
No, it was not a purser. It was one of the FA (who, incidentally, spoke Polish with strong Russian (?) Ukrainian (?) accent, and I had an impression she didn't fully understand Polish). She was taking the dishes after the appetizer and at the same time she was about to take my both empty glasses. As she was doing it, I told her that in Business Class, while taking the empty glasses off the table she should at least ask if I needed a refill. The FAS were not trained to be proactive at all.

​​​​​
This is really a shame. I already had 2 TATL RT trips on LO this year and I could complain about a few things, but service provided by F/A's was outstanding...
Old Feb 24, 2023, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andywaw
Also, there were quite a few passengers from Economy coming to Business class to have a chat with their friends or family members. This was very annoying, I asked the purser to put an end to it.
Hope the experience on JFK-WAW will be better.
​​​​​
I thought the Senior Purser would look after C, the other Pursers are in the other cabins.

Someone wrote on Kafeteria that many of the Ukrainian crew had already left. I heard some issues with their performance and dissatisfaction with Basia and how they fit in with the Poles. There are some Belarusians too.

I've overheard Russian rather than Ukrainian among the UA staff in the lounges.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 10:55 am

Programs: M&M Senator
Well, it seems Mr. Schlepping confirms the 'impromptu upgrades' post door closing... similar to what I mentioned earlier about impromptu upgrades for 'esteemed Polonia members' via various phone calls.

His comments about the seats are accurate - although I could tolerate outdated if they worked and became flat beds automatically and not manually. Similarly with the food presentation. He is also kind with the statement that the service is a bit rough around the edges. I would add that it also differs as to whether they are dealing with an English-speaking customer or a Polish-speaking one.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 2:51 pm

Programs: LH Sen, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Gamerska
He is also kind with the statement that the service is a bit rough around the edges. I would add that it also differs as to whether they are dealing with an English-speaking customer or a Polish-speaking one.
Which language would you recommend using for a better service?
Old Aug 30, 2023, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by tem123
Which language would you recommend using for a better service?
English speaking male will definitely get the best service. Remnants of a misogynistic society.

That is why that review on Live and Let Fly did not surprise me - that he complimented the Cabin Crew.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Press the call bell.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 11:35 am

Press the call bell.
The call bell does not change attitude.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 1:07 pm

English speaking male will definitely get the best service. Remnants of a misogynistic society.

That is why that review on Live and Let Fly did not surprise me - that he complimented the Cabin Crew.
Thanks for the advice, As an English-speaking male I will keep my Polish in silent reserve.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by tem123
Thanks for the advice, As an English-speaking male I will keep my Polish in silent reserve.
To be very precise - my reference is to the TATL flights. If you recall, in one of the articles there is mention of the passenger who suddenly appears in the front of the plane. Well, the (misogynistic) assumption is that an older Polish speaking woman is a cousin of a cousin, while an English speaking male (obviously) purchased the ticket. And no, they don't bother to consider your M&M status, which should appear on the manifest, and which should make it clear that you are not a cousin of a cousin.

Clearly when ruling party legislators (male or female) are on board, then it is a different story. That information is made manifestly clear (pardon the pun).

The intra-European flights often have a different type of crew,
Old Aug 30, 2023, 11:08 pm

The intra-European flights often have a different type of crew
I concur. Whilst my Polish skills could certainly benefit from a decisive brush-up (as my friend TPJ can easily confirm ), my interactions with the crews have always been very positive: last year (as also reported in one of my onboard catering’s posts), on one of my regular Warsaw-Sarajevo flights, a very amiable purser went as far as asking where I had learned Polish (and why), congratulated me and even handed a few miniatures of the finest Baron de Bellac together with several bags of those pumpkin seeds coated in chocolate (also served onboard). Purely for the records, the bottles are still safely stored in my fridge here in the sunny Balkans, despite a number of (failed, so far) attempts to serve them to friends-and-family (worse comes to worst, I will follow hugolover’s suggestion, apparently the stuff is particularly effective as a shower cleaner? ).

G
iLied likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 3:18 pm

To be very precise - my reference is to the TATL flights.
The intra-European flights often have a different type of crew,
Following the above advice I will keep to English on WAW-YYZ but risk Polish on BRU-WAW
Old Aug 31, 2023, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's no such thing as European vs Worldwide crew. The only difference might be a Senior Purser which is always on a B787, but they can still show up on shorthaul, for certifying crew, Basia having replaced the roles of Supervisor and Instructor with this role.

I noticed from comments here that our forum Members like those Senior Pursers very much.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 12:37 pm

There's no such thing as European vs Worldwide crew. The only difference might be a Senior Purser which is always on a B787, but they can still show up on shorthaul, for certifying crew, Basia having replaced the roles of Supervisor and Instructor with this role.

I noticed from comments here that our forum Members like those Senior Pursers very much.
You state that there is no such thing. Yet, every single person I know who flies LO states the same thing. These individuals are all flying either PE or Business TATL, Business in Europe and whatever appears to be available on intra-PL flights. A different level of service in Business on the TATL as opposed to flying to DE or AU or other.
Old Sep 2, 2023, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It seems your beef is with Pursers then.

Yet, there are many reports here saying those Pursers are the nicest and do the best service.

Most are womxn too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.