Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why are LH flights to Dubai always late?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2023, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Why are LH flights to Dubai always late?

A genuine question, on most days the flight is late or delayed, this is regardless of the flight departing from Z or B gates. Usually the flight can be late from anything from 45 mins to an hour and half. This morning it seems the aircraft changed from D-AIKS to D-AIKK around 10am yet the flight was still late out by an hour and a half.

Most other flights seem to depart on time, I am just wondering is it generally connecting passangers or a Frankfurt issue or just its boogey flight?

Last edited by suley; Jun 15, 2023 at 3:55 pm
Old Jun 15, 2023, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
That is an appalling record, good advert for EK
Old Jun 15, 2023, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by chris63
That is an appalling record, good advert for EK

Definitely not a great track record: https://www.flightstats.com/v2/fligh...ing/LH/630/FRA

55% on time is pretty bad.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 4:55 am

Programs: LH HON, PC RA
Very simple answer:

The flight is the only flight to DXB from this station per day. That is why they wait for all connecting passengers. Whether it is from inner German flights or connecting from overseas.
So any delay on those connecting flights is affecting the takeoff time of that flight.

Another issue: People get lost in FRA. Changing terminals is a headache in FRA.
And if you are unlucky and have to go through security and/or passport control, is even worse.

Been on the FRA-DXB flight a lot. It was always the same announcement. „We are waiting for connecting passengers“

EK has it much easier… only very few connecting pax.
Vixit, ovacikar, suley and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 5:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Since DXB is usually the end of the trip for LH pax LH waits for connections. LH 630 is due to be in DXB at 22:35, but 631 only starts from DXB at 00:50 since FRA has a curfew that doesn't normally allow landing before 5:45am So any inbound delay is always made up.

EK does the same in DXB by the way, they also wait and EK43/45/47 is delayed by 15-30min each day. https://www.flightstats.com/v2/fligh...ting/EK/47/DXB
suley likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by travelben
Very simple answer:

The flight is the only flight to DXB from this station per day. That is why they wait for all connecting passengers. Whether it is from inner German flights or connecting from overseas.
So any delay on those connecting flights is affecting the takeoff time of that flight.

And if you are unlucky and have to go through security and/or passport control, is even worse.

Been on the FRA-DXB flight a lot. It was always the same announcement. „We are waiting for connecting passengers“

That makes alot of sense, I have flown it a few times and always been delayed, was considering maybe it was just my luck. A few weeks ago, I actually was departing from Munich and had a decent layover and we were still an hour late which is annoying when you want to make dinner plans.

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Since DXB is usually the end of the trip for LH pax LH waits for connections. LH 630 is due to be in DXB at 22:35, but 631 only starts from DXB at 00:50 since FRA has a curfew that doesn't normally allow landing before 5:45am So any inbound delay is always made up.

EK does the same in DXB by the way, they also wait and EK43/45/47 is delayed by 15-30min each day. https://www.flightstats.com/v2/fligh...ting/EK/47/DXB
Never really considered it the other way around. EK I always thought had better treatment by ATC in Dubai and seemed to make up time. Many times we have departed on EK 30 mins late and still land on time. I just thought it was a A380 flying higher and faster lol
Old Jun 16, 2023, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by travelben
Very simple answer:

Slightly off topic, but is this the same answer for the constant delays to DEL?

Flight history for Lufthansa flight LH760

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.