Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rebooked flight shows up as canceled at LH website

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2023, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Rebooked flight shows up as canceled at LH website

A few days ago I rebooked the return part (QKL-FRA-IAD) of an IAD-FRA-QKL-FRA-IAD routing on behalf of Mrs iad for a later date. The rebooking was slightly complicated by the fact that for the outbound route IAD-FRA-QKL, there was no record that my wife had actually taken the FRA-QKL train. The reason for this was that the IAD-FRA flight was over three hours late, the bags didn't show up at the train terminal for another two hours which made the previous FRA-QKL boarding card obsolete (and marked as canceled in LH's records because the original train schedule was incompatible with the IAD-FRA flight being three hours late). So my wife simply took the next available train without bothering to notify LH and rebooking and getting a new boarding pass for the later train ride. During rebooking, this issue was very competently dealt with by the CSA at the Cape Town call center by simply marking the FRA-QKL leg as 'flown' at some time compatible with the mess of the outbound IAD-FRA-QKL flights; the subsequent rebooking QKL-FRA-IAD for a later date then went through smoothly and was confirmed by email within an hour. -- So far so good.

Now, when one checks the rebooked flights on the LH app, everything shows up as it ought to, with correct rebooked dates, seat reservations etc. However, when one checks the same flights on the LH website, the flights show up with the correct rebooked dates, but the booking is marked 'canceled' and none of the details can be seen.

I would think that LH app and LH website draw their information from the same database, so I don't quite understand why the booking shows up as canceled on the website. Should I be worried, or is this simply another example of LH's incompetent IT that will sort itself out in due course?

Last edited by iadh; Jan 19, 2023 at 7:54 pm Reason: Typo correction
Old Jan 20, 2023, 3:16 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by iadh
..Should I be worried, or is this simply another example of LH's incompetent IT..
These items are not mutually exclusive. I'd call in order to make it less likely that you have to battle this during OLCI or at the airport.

Last edited by weero; Jan 20, 2023 at 3:49 am
Old Jan 20, 2023, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by weero
These items are not mutually exclusive. I'd call in order to make it less likely that you have to battle this during OLCI or at the airport.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I am loath to do this because in past experience this might muddy the waters more than clarifying anything if one encounters an incompetent agent. I think I'll wait until OLCI via the app (which still shows the route as rebooked) and then call if it shouldn't go through. In that case, one has a more concrete issue than simply a query about an IT glitch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.