Wiki Posts
Search

Availability shows F3 but seatmap only shows 1 seat occupied

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2022, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VS Gold
Availability shows F3 but seatmap only shows 1 seat occupied

Just wondering on the 748 with 8 seats in F if this means only one seat has been sold (mine!) , or perhaps five were sold and four didn’t bother to assign seats ?

Would be interesting if I’m the only one in the cabin 😁
Old Dec 25, 2022, 6:12 pm

They are likely sold and not assigned.
Old Dec 25, 2022, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by maxmin
Just wondering on the 748 with 8 seats in F if this means only one seat has been sold (mine!) , or perhaps five were sold and four didn’t bother to assign seats ?

Would be interesting if I’m the only one in the cabin 😁
Almost certainly they did not reserve seats
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2022, 8:59 pm

The seat map means almost nothing. F3 means that they’ve sold at least 5 seats — they often oversell counting on someone cancelling last minute based on algorithms.
Old Dec 25, 2022, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VS Gold
Thanks all. I guess I knew that and was in denial! I’ve been alone in F before (not on LH) and it’s def a novelty but not that big a deal.
Old Dec 25, 2022, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Thanks all. I guess I knew that and was in denial! I’ve been alone in F before (not on LH) and it’s def a novelty but not that big a deal.
The worst flights i have had on LH was when i was the only pax in F, you need to keep pressing the bell
Vixit, vantage03, SFO777 and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 12:43 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by chris63
The worst flights i have had on LH was when i was the only pax in F, you need to keep pressing the bell
YMMV but I had 2 or 3 where is was the only one on LH, 1 on LX and 2 on SQ and on all of them I felt taken care of VERY well
chris63 and Greg45 like this.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 8:18 am

The chances of this happening again any time soon are similar to M&M or any other FF program improving its terms from a passenger’s point of view.
MichielR likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 10:00 am

Programs: LH HON/AF Gold
Originally Posted by NYC1
The chances of this happening again any time soon are similar to M&M or any other FF program improving its terms from a passenger’s point of view.
Exactly. All of my recent F flights have been 8/8, but service has been impeccable regardless!
Old Dec 26, 2022, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by theKrafty1tar
Exactly. All of my recent F flights have been 8/8, but service has been impeccable regardless!
Same for me. Most flights. Completely full or 7/8. Seems they can sell a lot of full fare F. On some routes it is almost impossible to find space in A. And don't even dream about award tickets.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 6:17 am

Programs: EBD , FBG
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Same for me. Most flights. Completely full or 7/8. Seems they can sell a lot of full fare F. On some routes it is almost impossible to find space in A. And don't even dream about award tickets.
any ideas on who buys these full fare F tickets, as whether its companies or "regular" folks?
I guess it takes an unusual wallet to buy 10K usd tickets for private persons...
Old Dec 27, 2022, 6:25 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Kleffen
any ideas on who buys these full fare F tickets, as whether its companies or "regular" folks?
I guess it takes an unusual wallet to buy 10K usd tickets for private persons...
From my last 3 flights in F, it appeared a mix of 1/2 retirees, 1/4 families and 1/4 business travellers, all of the rather affluent kind, of course.

Actually, rather similar to recent C flights.

Might be distorted a bit by my recent destinations, JNB in particular being more leisure oriented, but still.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Kleffen
It is difficult to say, but my guess on my last few LAX flights this year: almost always somebody from the entertainment industry (which I never recognize but others do), many older people which could be retired or still working, sometimes with partner. Around half american and half central european. Very similar to what you would find in C. Occasionaly Heidi Klum (had her twice), Merkel's husband, Thomas Gottschalk (german entertainer), Melanie Griffith .....
chris63 likes this.

Last edited by Unterwegs; Dec 30, 2022 at 6:25 am
Old Dec 31, 2022, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Also lots of oversells these days. J3F3 and not seeing a lot of seats assigned in F probably indicates that J is over.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 7:13 am

In the last two years, I have seen a significant increase in personal/families traveling in F (often parents + 1/2/3 children) and, as I mentioned upthread, F is always full or almost full. It’s usually a 50/50 business/leisure mix. Also, fares have never been higher. This is from/to JFK.
chris63 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.