Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need 6K Status Miles by year end. Easiest/Cheapest way?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2022, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Need 6K Status Miles by year end. Easiest/Cheapest way?

Hi Everyone,

I have a flight home to Germany from the US in a couple days and after that I should be a 94K Status Miles which is 6K short of Senator.

Anyone have tips on what would be the easiest/cheapest way to get the remaining 6K by the year's end?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old Dec 5, 2022, 4:49 am

Merely an idea here – LOT to somewhere via WAW on a "cheap" F fare. My last SJJ-ZAG-WAW-ZAG-SJJ (F/Z) landed roughly 10000 status miles (including bonus/promotion), it was booked through work and it wasn't cheap but I believe you can get some good deals ex-DE.

G
iLied likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
What about some rail segments in C? With the 50% status miles promo each segment should count for 2800 miles.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 5:22 am

Programs: LH SEN
It comes down to cash and time... I'm about 4K short right now and have one last trip to AMS this month, I'm planning to do this ideally in either D or Z. You want to stay away from the P booking class and domestic sectors if possible.

I hope you're participating in the "Status & HON Circle Miles 2HY22" promotion...

One option is four European sectors in D or Z. So, HAM-VIE-XXX return would work. HAM-FRA-XXX would give you reduced earnings on the domestic leg. Then it's about how much time you want to spend in the air. Watch out, the minimum connect time in Vienna is very low, so you might want to allow more time if you connect there, especially if XXX is non-Schengen.

Another would be something like MUC-DUB which recently was worth 2000 base status miles in C or D, plus the various bonuses (3750 in total each way). You will want to overshoot a little.

I'd be looking more East for the turnaround point than West to do it in one return with a connection. Two returns could work with AMS, BRU or any of the Eurowings destinations in Biz and booked on LH.

I'm not so sure about DB and taking a rail code share (book on LH and travel DB). Last time I looked, they were super expensive.

Best of luck.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 5:48 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
LO F (Business Class) fares from MUC to the Baltics (VNO/RIX/TLL) via WAW are also a good option. Don't know if other POIs other than MUC have the same price. Schedule permitting they can be booked as a direct turnaround. But an evening in TLL or so is always a good option. Earns 2344 Status Miles per segment for something in the €450 area.
iLied likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by cas_de
LO F (Business Class) fares from MUC to the Baltics (VNO/RIX/TLL) via WAW are also a good option. Don't know if other POIs other than MUC have the same price. Schedule permitting they can be booked as a direct turnaround. But an evening in TLL or so is always a good option. Earns 2344 Status Miles per segment for something in the €450 area.
I’ve also suggested LOT (as per above) however you won’t get that price with the back-to-back or even with the 1-night’s stay (unless you book 2 one-way tickets, but then you could be looking at an even higher price etc.).

G
Old Dec 5, 2022, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
I’ve also suggested LOT (as per above) however you won’t get that price with the back-to-back or even with the 1-night’s stay (unless you book 2 one-way tickets, but then you could be looking at an even higher price etc.).

G
I didn’t try to book it, but the fare rules don’t stipulate a minimum stay.

AlicorporateUK and iLied like this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by cas_de
I didn’t try to book it, but the fare rules don’t stipulate a minimum stay.
Thanks for providing a "real-life" example, I've just simulated a booking (through LOT directly) and the cheapest I can get is ~€600, slightly cheaper with an overnight in Warsaw on the way back. However, no expertise as such here so I am sure there must be a way to get the deal you've just posted.

G
Old Dec 5, 2022, 7:14 am

Matrix (or in my case oldmatrix) is a great starting point when you restrict the search to f bc=f using flexible dates and/or the calendar function with # of nights=0 (or -overnights). I used the results and plugged it into lot.com.

I flew such a same day r/t a couple of years back on Dec 29 to lift my butt across the 100k status miles finish line. Routing was MUC-WAW-TLL-WAW-MUC.
AlicorporateUK and iLied like this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 7:22 am

Example:

Old Dec 18, 2022, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Thank you so much to everyone's input! I just booked a flight DUS-WAW-TLL-WAW-DUS in Business Class F with LOT. I'll be flying on the 29th and returning on the 31st. Flight was 395€ total, with great flight times and basically 2 days total to hopefully have a nice short visit in Tallinn!

Miles&More calculator says I should get 6,252 Status Miles so that should be JUST enough (I need exactly 5,962 to Senator). I don't think the calculator takes into account the 2HY22 promotion so with that on top it hopefully is more than enough!

EDIT: Just realised that the 2HY22 is only for Lufthansa group Airlines? This might be VERY close...
cas_de likes this.

Last edited by Iceman99; Dec 18, 2022 at 12:03 pm
Old Dec 18, 2022, 1:53 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by Iceman99
Thank you so much to everyone's input! I just booked a flight DUS-WAW-TLL-WAW-DUS in Business Class F with LOT. I'll be flying on the 29th and returning on the 31st. Flight was 395€ total, with great flight times and basically 2 days total to hopefully have a nice short visit in Tallinn!

Miles&More calculator says I should get 6,252 Status Miles so that should be JUST enough (I need exactly 5,962 to Senator). I don't think the calculator takes into account the 2HY22 promotion so with that on top it hopefully is more than enough!

EDIT: Just realised that the 2HY22 is only for Lufthansa group Airlines? This might be VERY close...
LO flights are counting in terms of 2H22 promotion as they did in 1H22 promotion. Beside you will get more award miles compairing with LH flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.