Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M award F to J downgrade (change of equipment)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2022, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
M&M award F to J downgrade (change of equipment)

Hi all,

Booked 2 tickets one-way VIE-MUC-BOS in LH F for May 2023 travel a few months ago. 182K M&M points + taxes. No M&M status and points were expiring.

Just got notified of a equipment change for MUC-BOS as LH is no longer operating F to BOS (either from FRA or MUC). Obviously I can either cancel or downgrade and get my miles back, but I want to fly F. Knowing how unhelpful the M&M phone agents are, my assumption is that they will not re-accomodate me to EWR or JFK unless there are 2 F seats available for awards. I also assume they won't put me on LX ZRH-BOS given I don't have M&M Senator status.

Both correct assumptions? I will call on Monday but I get so frustrated whenever I work with the M&M call center, I wanted to sanity test here first. Is asking for them to open up space on MUC/FRA-EWR a non-starter?
Old Oct 22, 2022, 2:11 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Call the LH First hotline, they will accomodate you on a F route to the US.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Agree with the above but call +49 800 627 0508 during DE working hours & this is free on SKYPE.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 1:34 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Call the LH First hotline, they will accomodate you on a F route to the US.
I hardly believe that! Was effected by the same downgrade MUC-JFK-MUC in March/April. For both flights it was only possible to change as long as M&M awards in O are available and that was not possible on the outbound flight. So I could change the inbound to JFK-ZRH, but only because O was available. For outbound still no availability. Even HON status didn‘t help.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 2:38 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by shipsmail
I hardly believe that! Was effected by the same downgrade MUC-JFK-MUC in March/April. For both flights it was only possible to change as long as M&M awards in O are available and that was not possible on the outbound flight. So I could change the inbound to JFK-ZRH, but only because O was available. For outbound still no availability. Even HON status didn‘t help.
Well, unfortunately, O would still have to be available on the alternatives the OP finds acceptable und then he will get moved to a different F route. And two O seats are had to find these days, so it may not work, at least not on the preferred days or to the preferred destination. MUC-JFK often seems to have solid O availability, if that helps.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 7:27 am

First hand experience:
2 award tickets in First via MUC.
Email from LH: Reservation has changed. Now c.
Found out: Equipment change from 340-600 to 350, no F.
No award space available around my flight date.
Called regular SEN line. Agent asked what my preference is. Told him either via FRA or ZRH in F.
He rebooked me via FRA.
No problem/issue at all.
Deckter, 59Impala, chris63 and 3 others like this.

Last edited by Unterwegs; Oct 26, 2022 at 9:27 am
Old Oct 26, 2022, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
First hand experience:
Called regular SEN line. Agent asked what my preference is. Told him either via FRA or ZRH in F.
He rebooked me via FRA.
No problem/issue at all.
That’s how it should be
Old Oct 26, 2022, 10:31 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
First hand experience:
He rebooked me via FRA.
No problem/issue at all.
Sounds like I would expect a good airline to treat me. Happy to hear it worked for you.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
They seem to have pulled the 346 from all MUC-US routes during next year's summer schedule. Hopefully it's just an interim measure while they figure out where to fly the 346s, but seems odd to change the aircraft type and have to downgrade already booked pax, rather than keeping the 346 on the schedule and zeroing out F from any new bookings.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
An absolute miracle. Thank you for the suggestion to call the LH F hotline. Called and requested to be moved to FRA-EWR in F given the downgrade. First was told no because of no award availability by a very kind lady. I asked her to check with her supervisor to open up award space given I was downgraded, and 10 minutes later I was confirmed on VIE-FRA-EWR in F for the same day of travel.

EDIT: Just noticed they re-booked in revenue classes as well.

Last edited by callmedtop; Nov 23, 2022 at 8:06 am
Old Nov 23, 2022, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by callmedtop
\

EDIT: Just noticed they re-booked in revenue classes as well.
If you are lucky you will get miles then. Happened to a friend of mine.
GlobalNomad likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by callmedtop
Hi all,

Booked 2 tickets one-way VIE-MUC-BOS in LH F for May 2023 travel a few months ago. 182K M&M points + taxes. No M&M status and points were expiring.

Just got notified of a equipment change for MUC-BOS as LH is no longer operating F to BOS (either from FRA or MUC). Obviously I can either cancel or downgrade and get my miles back, but I want to fly F. Knowing how unhelpful the M&M phone agents are, my assumption is that they will not re-accomodate me to EWR or JFK unless there are 2 F seats available for awards. I also assume they won't put me on LX ZRH-BOS given I don't have M&M Senator status.

Both correct assumptions? I will call on Monday but I get so frustrated whenever I work with the M&M call center, I wanted to sanity test here first. Is asking for them to open up space on MUC/FRA-EWR a non-starter?
BOS-MUC is a mess. 346 till early February ... I am flying on the last day!. Then 359 for a few weeks. Was able to book F on the 346 for mid-March BOS-MUC-BOS ... then it is going back to 359 again.

How does LH think they can advertise a route when every week there is a different equipment . Btw ... in my cases when I had a downgrade issue ... zippo chance since I am booking on a 016 ticket Glad they can be flexible on 220 tickets.
nexus7556 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.