Search

Flying to US with Kids Immigration

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2022, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
Flying to US with Kids Immigration

Dears.

We, a party of 4 (2 adults fully vaccinated + 2 kids aged 3 & 6 non vaccinated) are flying this week to the US on LH.
By checking the immigration rules for unvaccinated children, I find conflicting information.
As I have read on the CDC website the kids are allowed to enter the US without any restrictions, but while filling out the USA attestation and health declaration form, I have to check the boxes in section D that the kids will quarantine until they have taken a covid test 3-5 days after the arrival in the US.
Is this still in place or is the form outdated?

Furthermore, do I need to test the kids on COVID one day before the flight in order to board or this has been lifted?

Anything else I need to keep in mind?
If someone has experience from the recent past travelling with kids to the US, I that can share it I would appreciate it very much...

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 17, 2022, 7:59 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...tml#noncitizen

If you are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19, you will NOT be allowed to board a flight to the United States, unless you meet the criteria for an exception under the Proclamation and CDC’s Amended Order. A booster dose is not needed to meet this requirement.

Categories of noncitizen nonimmigrants that meet the criteria for an exception under the Proclamation and CDC’s Amended Order include:
  • Persons on diplomatic or official foreign government travel
  • Children under 18 years of age
  • Persons with documented medical contraindications to receiving a COVID-19 vaccine
  • Participants in certain COVID-19 vaccine trials
  • Persons issued a humanitarian or emergency exception
  • Persons with valid visas [excluding B-1 (business) or B-2 (tourism) visas] who are citizens of a foreign country with limited COVID-19 vaccine availability (See list for updates effective June 28, 2022)
  • Members of the U.S. Armed Forces or their spouses or children (under 18 years of age)
  • Sea crew members traveling with to a C-1 and D nonimmigrant visa
  • Persons whose entry would be in the national interest, as determined by the Secretary of State, Secretary of Transportation, or Secretary of Homeland Security (or their designees)
If you travel by air to the United States under one of these exceptions, you will be required to attest that you are excepted from the requirement to present Proof of Being Fully Vaccinated Against COVID-19 based on one of the exceptions listed above. Based on the category of the exception, you may further be required to attest that:
  1. You will be tested with a COVID-19 viral test 3–5 days after arrival in the United States, unless you have documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 in the past 90 days;
  2. You will self-quarantine for a full 5 days, even if the test result to the post-arrival viral test is negative, unless you have documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 in the past 90 days; and
  3. You will self-isolate if the result of the post-arrival test is positive or if you develop COVID-19 symptoms.
So children can enter without being fully vaccinated but must follow the additional requirements which are stated in the attestation. In your case you must check section D in the PDF https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/P...ttestation.pdf

Tests before flying are not required any more. They are only recommended.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 3:54 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
We arrived last week on LH at SFO, similar case than yours, and no one cared to look at this special paper for the kids section D. Neither in the FCT in FRA nor when we arrived.
physicsdude and Kid Flyer like this.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
We arrived last week on LH at SFO, similar case than yours, and no one cared to look at this special paper for the kids section D. Neither in the FCT in FRA nor when we arrived.
Still better to have it available. But yes, that was my experience, too. iI seems there are no mandatory checks for this CDC document.
Kid Flyer likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 8:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
https://lufthansa.travel-regulations...h-enabled=true

Earlier this month Delta required all in AMS to present the 5 page form (signed and dated) at boarding from all pax 2 and above.
Kid Flyer likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 2:55 am

Interesting. The LH agents at MUC and Eurowings Discover at FRA just checked the COVID vaccination papers. Maybe they only check the CDC document in case you are not vaccinated. As I said. Better to have the CDC papers ready.
Kid Flyer likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
Thank you all for sharing your experiences.
What has confused me was the fact that they state in several sources that all quarantine and entry restrictions have been lifted, but, looking on the CDC attestation for they require quarantine for the kids.
I have the CDC papers ready so we will see how it goes and if some one
We are flying tomorrow, and I will report back!
Thanks once again to all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.