Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Flight changed to wetlease [BT, WX, OS, EW & 4Y]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2024, 3:37 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
List of LH Group wet leases

Do we have a compilation of the wet leases going on for and within LH Group?

I know LX has been using AirBaltic (BT) wet leases for a couple of years now (pretty logical, like for like 223s) but I now have an EW flights in NS24 that is going to be operated by BT as well.

Are there other wet leases occurring? Is this due to the Neo and 223 engine issues?
Old Feb 23, 2024, 6:03 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
BT is the big one outside of the group. Well, Helvetic I think technically isn't Group either, but they are as good as Swiss subsidiary as far as I am concerned.

OS is leasing some ATRs from Braathens soon, but not yet.

There's a lot of wetleasing within the group. If we leave out LH separated AOC with Lufthansa branding, Air Dolomiti does a lot, although lately LH had been moving to "codeshare" model more instead of straight up ACMI.

I don't think there's currently any long haul ACMI, but 4Y did lease AY for a long time.
ty97 likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by ty97
Do we have a compilation of the wet leases going on for and within LH Group?

I know LX has been using AirBaltic (BT) wet leases for a couple of years now (pretty logical, like for like 223s) but I now have an EW flights in NS24 that is going to be operated by BT as well.

Are there other wet leases occurring? Is this due to the Neo and 223 engine issues?
I saw a MUC EDI in June 2024 to be changed from op by LH (or maybe CL) to op by BT.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 6:05 pm

Looks like some Cityjet (not to be confused with Cityline or City Airlines) wet leases this summer for CRJ1000 aircraft based out of FRA.

https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/240227-lhns24crk
Old Feb 28, 2024, 1:56 pm

LH will have some airBaltic 223s operating out of MUC for them in NS24.

https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/240228-lhns24223
Old Mar 15, 2024, 11:25 am

A rather extensive list of wet lease operators for EW this summer.

In the summer months, Eurowings operates a total of up to 22 additional partnership aircraft:
  • 3 Airbus A220s from Air Baltic (from Düsseldorf)
  • 14 Airbus A320s from Avion Express Malta (from Berlin, Düsseldorf, Hamburg and Stuttgart)
  • 1 Airbus A319 from Lufthansa CityLine (from Düsseldorf)
  • 2 Boeing 737s of Smartwings (from Cologne-Bonn)
  • 2 Boeing 737s of TUIfly (from Cologne-Bonn)

https://www.eurowings.com/en/faq/par...-airlines.html
    chris63 likes this.
    Old Apr 13, 2024, 6:33 am

Programs: UA 1K
    We have an upcoming sector on LH2453 OSL-MUC, operated by Air Baltic as part of this wet-lease arrangement and connecting to MUC-BOS on LH. We're UA*G and flying in paid J.

Nervously weighing our checked bag which is at about 20kg now before we fill it with presents. Any guesses whether we'll get a 23kg allowance (published for Air Baltic business pax) or 32kg (published by LH for *G in J and you would think they're the most significant carrier since LH is the first flight crossing IATA zones?).

The ticketing carrier is not super helpful here (it's a 016 stock ticket and United claims the trip gets 1 23kg bag).
    Old Apr 13, 2024, 7:45 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
    Originally Posted by mherdeg
    We have an upcoming sector on LH2453 OSL-MUC, operated by Air Baltic as part of this wet-lease arrangement and connecting to MUC-BOS on LH. We're UA*G and flying in paid J.

Nervously weighing our checked bag which is at about 20kg now before we fill it with presents. Any guesses whether we'll get a 23kg allowance (published for Air Baltic business pax) or 32kg (published by LH for *G in J and you would think they're the most significant carrier since LH is the first flight crossing IATA zones?).

The ticketing carrier is not super helpful here (it's a 016 stock ticket and United claims the trip gets 1 23kg bag).
    All LHG flights have a 32 Kilo bag allowance in Business Class, which of course includes the wetlease operated for LH.
    Old Apr 13, 2024, 5:24 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
    Originally Posted by mherdeg
    UA routinely gets confused with these wetlease flights, they will likely also show with no PQP/RDM/PQF - but they earn like normal LH flights. You'll have 3 bags at 32 kg per pax as a *G in J

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.