Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I bring guests into Lufthansa Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2022, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Helga is perfectly capable of enforcing the rules, they’re consistently downgrading the lounges and the guesting policy.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 4:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The LH lounge guesting poilcy for *G flying UA from FRA has always been one guest. Not one guest and their immediate family
chris63, athome and DiamondMile like this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 4:50 am

I have to say this is pretty obnoxious behaviour by the OP to even try. Lounges are busy enough as it is, so to try and get an entire family who aren't entitled to lounge access in the first place is poor.
chris63 likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 5:27 am

The OP asked a question about a topic he's clearly not familiar with. Don't blame them for some of the answers being against the rules.
chris63 and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 5:41 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by andywaw
Agreed but that was not the point.
The point is that a Star Alliance Gold member cannot claim guesting TWO companions in the lounge: one because of the Gold status (possible) and another one because he is flying Business Class (not possible, because Business Class boarding pass does not allow companions in the lounge as denhaagflyer correctly pointed out).
This is what I was trying to say: One access due to C BP and one access + guest with *G. And I also mentioned this is not how the access rules work but a mere argument to try to get the lounge dragons to have some goodwill. Surely asking will hurt noone (with the expectation that the answer might very well be no)?
If the Lounge dragons are in a good mood the argument might work (it has in the past for me, although I never had reason to try in FRA).

Originally Posted by Nick Art
Now I need to make it clear that this is most definitely not how the access rules work and success is dependent on the leniency of the lounge dragons.
I really don't understand how people are so upset about somebody trying to guest in some friends and asking how it could be done. We're talking about a Business Lounge! I assure you your lounge access privilege won't be tainted just because two or three other people might be able to enjoy the same privilege for once. I'd argue they would be quite greatful and it might make their day to be able to access the lounge, so please show some understanding and kindness.
eqeqeqx likes this.

Last edited by Nick Art; Aug 17, 2022 at 5:54 am
Old Aug 17, 2022, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by supine
The OP asked a question about a topic he's clearly not familiar with. Don't blame them for some of the answers being against the rules.
Completely agree, the OP’s question was well made & this is FT & most of us are here to help, within the rules
Old Aug 17, 2022, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
[QUOTE=Nick Art;3452167 . We're talking about a Business Lounge! I assure you your lounge access privilege won't be tainted just because two or three other people might be able to enjoy the same privilege for once. I'd argue they would be quite greatful and it might make their day to be able to access the lounge, so please show some understanding and kindness.[/QUOTE]

That’s not even logical, just look at all the reports of lounge overcrowding ?

The OP can guest one & pay for the rest as should be the case, what is wrong with that ?

What others here have suggested is outright dishonest & obviously has a cost implication for LH & who do you imagine they will pass that onto …….
MichielR and DiamondMile like this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 7:49 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by chris63
Exactly & hopefully anyone attempting that would be ejected & barred from future access.
Even better loose his/her *G status and best of best be blacklisted within *alliance.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
You might be able to bring the wife and child as your guests (if the kid does not count), and your friend would just have to wait in the public areas. It might provide a little rest for the mother, who most likely has to be the main caregiver during the flight. I would do this if all else fails due to them refusing to accept payment for extra guests.

Also, you said the layover is crazy long - your friend might be comfortable booking the Cloud hotel in FRA in the terminal for a few hours so they can truly rest. I once had a 5-hr delay and almost pulled the trigger on that option over the lounge, as I was traveling with a kid.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingfromDC
You might be able to bring the wife and child as your guests (if the kid does not count), and your friend would just have to wait in the public areas. It might provide a little rest for the mother, who most likely has to be the main caregiver during the flight. I would do this if all else fails due to them refusing to accept payment for extra guests.

Also, you said the layover is crazy long - your friend might be comfortable booking the Cloud hotel in FRA in the terminal for a few hours so they can truly rest. I once had a 5-hr delay and almost pulled the trigger on that option over the lounge, as I was traveling with a kid.
I believe you mix up SEN rules and *A Gold rules. As a SEN I bring in my entire family plus one guest. As a *G you may bring in one guests. Why should kids not count? I could expect that kids don't count as long as they do not need a ticket, but as soon as they are flying on a ticket they are a guest.
weero and sueco6 like this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
I believe you mix up SEN rules and *A Gold rules. As a SEN I bring in my entire family plus one guest. As a *G you may bring in one guests. Why should kids not count? I could expect that kids don't count as long as they do not need a ticket, but as soon as they are flying on a ticket they are a guest.
Some lounges admit children under age 12 for free. I don't believe LH is though.

FWIW, according to LH website, lounge access voucher sale is currently suspended for both FRA and MUC.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold; 1MM; Marriot Lifetime Platinum
My friends are on the same fight so that helps. I am reading conflicting messages on whether they can buy a pass..anybody know?
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:52 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
As a SEN can I bring Mrs m4l + one guest?

Family children I understand it is only up to the age of 18, correct?

Thanks!
Old Aug 17, 2022, 9:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by lianluo
My friends are on the same fight so that helps. I am reading conflicting messages on whether they can buy a pass..anybody know?
The lounges don't have the equipment to sell you a pass at the moment, but they can direct you to the counter that has the facility (ticketing counter and transfer desks). An additional companion usually costs 25€ in FRA/MUC

https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/lounge-companions
lianluo likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by more4less
As a SEN can I bring Mrs m4l + one guest? Family children I understand it is only up to the age of 18, correct?
Its one companion >18 years and all children:

As a Senator, you can already take one companion with you into Lufthansa Senator Lounges free of charge, as well as your own children under the age of 18.
https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/lounge-companions
more4less likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.