Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pilots Union VC negotiations: settlement; strike called off

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2022, 3:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Pilots Union VC negotiations: settlement; strike called off

VC gave notice on the contract negotiated before (after the massive strikes over pensions) and now wants 5% more for this year and inflation adjusted wages for 2023 onwards. Also up for debate is the clear strategy of LH to set up new AOCs in Germany to avoid hiring crews with contracts outside of the wage agreement (KTV) they have with VC. The KTV requires aircraft of a certain size (aprox 325) to be flown by mainline pilots only.

To underline their committment to get a good result, the union members are voting on a resolution to allow strikes.

https://www.faz.net/agenturmeldungen...-18187827.html
hugolover likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 4:42 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Would a potential strike include CLH or all of the LH branded operators? Thx!
Old Jul 28, 2022, 4:44 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

In this particular case its for mainline LH only.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 9:39 pm

Any guesses on how far in advance they would notify of a strike?
Old Jul 31, 2022, 5:46 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
97.6% of pilots voted for the strike. No date is set yet but could be any time.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 6:27 am

Programs: Aeroplan, M&M
Originally Posted by HKG1111
And I also heard on the radio that it will be "unbefristet"...unlimited? Meaning that once the strike starts they will only start flying again once an agreement has been reached?
Old Jul 31, 2022, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by HKG1111
They were successful last time …..
Old Jul 31, 2022, 5:59 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by oliver2002
In this particular case its for mainline LH only.
Great, all my remaining travel this summer is either wetleased to EN or on LX. For once I dodged the bullet
chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gojko88
Great, all my remaining travel this summer is either wetleased to EN or on LX. For once I dodged the bullet
I have moved what i can to LX but they don’t have the same network….
Old Aug 1, 2022, 1:58 am

Yesterday evening I came across an article stating that the union that represents LX's cockpit crews is also getting ready to strike. Can't find the source right now, but LX might end up being in rough waters, too.
chris63 and gojko88 like this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cas_de
Yesterday evening I came across an article stating that the union that represents LX's cockpit crews is also getting ready to strike. Can't find the source right now, but LX might end up being in rough waters, too.
That’s not good news
Old Aug 1, 2022, 4:17 am

Here's the story (I found it in the meantime):

https://www.aerotelegraph.com/luftha...uer-streik-aus

Auch bei Tochter Swiss keine Einigung

Auch bei Swiss stehen die Zeichen auf Konflikt: Nachdem die Geschäftsleitung der Lufthansa-Tochter eine erste Einigung mit den Pilotinnen und Piloten im Februar verworfen hatte, haben nun die Mitglieder der Gewerkschaft Aeropers den vorgelegten Gesamtarbeitsvertrag 2022 ihrerseits abgelehnt. Der Aeropers-Vorstand fordert Nachbesserungen zugunsten der Pilotinnen und Piloten, damit die Stabilität des Flugbetriebes über den Sommer und den Herbst sichergestellt werden könne.

Swiss bedauert in einer Mitteilung das Resultat und prüft nun das weitere Vorgehen. «Der Vertrag stellte aus Sicht von Swiss nach mehrmonatigen und intensiven Verhandlungen einen Kompromiss dar, welcher die Interessen von Swiss und Aeropers ausgewogen abdeckte», so die Airline. Auswirkungen auf die Stabilität des Flugbetriebes seien durch die Ablehnung des Gesamtarbeitsvertrag nicht zu erwarten, beschwichtigt die Fluglinie.
Some more info (in German):

https://www.nzz.ch/wirtschaft/swiss-...-ab-ld.1696001
chris63 likes this.

Last edited by cas_de; Aug 1, 2022 at 5:25 am
Old Aug 1, 2022, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cas_de
Here's the story (I found it in the meantime):

https://www.aerotelegraph.com/luftha...uer-streik-aus

Some more info (in German):

https://www.nzz.ch/wirtschaft/swiss-...-ab-ld.1696001

Thanks for posting

And of course i don’t believe in shooting the messenger.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 4:40 am
Original Poster

VC at EW Germany is voting too:

Vereinigung Cockpit initiates strike ballot at Eurowings Germany

Eurowings is currently evaluating far-reaching demands of the VC / strike ballot is not a breakdown of talks / EW Europe not affected

Today, Tuesday, August 16, the Vereinigung Cockpit (VC) union initiated the strike ballot for Eurowings Deutschland pilots, which will run until August 31. If approved, indefinite strikes would be possible. However, a strike ballot is not a decision to go on strike and does not mean that talks have been broken off. Both collective bargaining parties continue to signal their willingness to talk.

“We respect the step announced today by Vereinigung Cockpit to hold a strike ballot,” said Anja Draxler, Head of HR & Legal at Eurowings. “It remains our concern and joint mission to agree a solution at the negotiating table. We are sticking to the agreed negotiation plan. We want to work together on sustainable solutions that take into account both improved operating conditions for pilots and competitiveness, and thus also the future of our company,” emphasizes Anja Draxler.

What is at stake? Eurowings is currently negotiating with VC on the collective agreement for cockpit crews at Eurowings Germany, which the union terminated in the summer. The negotiations started in July, a few weeks ago. The collective agreement regulates the conditions of employment for pilots. The pay is regulated in the collective pay agreement and is not currently being questioned by the EWG Cockpit crews. The employer side is currently examining the proposals submitted by the VC very closely.

The VC also emphasized to the media its willingness to continue talks, but has for the time being canceled the dates already agreed for talks. The reason for the strike ballot is the stalled negotiations on a new MTV.

“Discussing the sometimes very conflicting positions and working out solutions that both parties can support in the long term takes time, patience and understanding for the position of the other party. This cannot be done at the drop of a hat,” says Anja Draxler. At Eurowings, it is a long-standing and proven practice to resolve collective bargaining disputes constructively and in a results-oriented manner at the negotiating table. “We are very confident that we will succeed in doing so this time as well,” says Draxler.

Eurowings Europe is not affected.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 1:26 pm

LH mainline/cargo pilots threatening to strike August 2022

LH mainline (and cargo) pilots are threatening to strike shortly. Ongoing wage negotiations failed to make progress. No details other than "soon, preparations have begun".

https://www.aero.de/news-43382/Pilot...Lufthansa.html
Piloten beschließen Streik bei LufthansaFRANKFURT - Bei der Lufthansa sind die angedrohten Pilotenstreiks wieder ein Stück näher gerückt. Die Tarifkommission der Vereinigung Cockpit lehnte am Donnerstag ein nachgebessertes Angebot des Unternehmens ab, wie ein Sprecher berichtete. Details wurden nicht genannt.
hugolover likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.