Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any good way to ask non-urgent questions?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2022, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Any good way to ask non-urgent questions?

Is there a good method to ask a non-urgent question that wouldn't take up a customer service rep on the phone?

I've got a pet-in-cabin booking that appears on the itinerary they sent immediately after booking, but doesn't appear when I check online. I just want to reconfirm the booking and, given all the cancellations and changes, didn't want to take up a customer service rep's time. Any way to email this sort of thing in so someone could answer when not busy?
Old Jul 13, 2022, 1:18 pm

Programs: LH SEN; DL PM; Hertz PC; Bonvoy Gold
This depends on your patience. You could email [email protected], but I wouldn't expect a response anytime soon. This could take weeks or months. If you want your questions answered in a timely fashion, no matter how urgent they are, feel free to give LH a call (or three, depending on agent competency), with the comfort of knowing that LH will have to pay more for CS, and that their call handling/accessibility stats will get worse.
dcmike, chris63 and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by pdeut
This depends on your patience. You could email [email protected], but I wouldn't expect a response anytime soon. This could take weeks or months. If you want your questions answered in a timely fashion, no matter how urgent they are, feel free to give LH a call (or three, depending on agent competency), with the comfort of knowing that LH will have to pay more for CS, and that their call handling/accessibility stats will get worse.
Agree completely, just hard to imagine the CS situation getting even worse than it is….
dcmike and sw1x like this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by chris63
Agree completely, just hard to imagine the CS situation getting even worse than it is….
I'd label the "CS situation" as only "situation". CS is widely only existing at the airport on the ground (and even there it's lacking as LH's excessive cost cutting at the taxpayers' expense leaves them short staffed) and in the air (although here competent staff hardly have anything to show for as short-haul catering gets axed on a regular basis). The rest is beyond any service level worth that name.
chris63 likes this.

Last edited by sw1x; Jul 14, 2022 at 7:21 am
Old Jul 14, 2022, 7:32 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by sw1x
I'd label the "CS situation" as only "situation". CS is widely only existing at the airport on the ground (and even there it's lacking as LH's excessive cost cutting at the taxpayers' expense leaves them short staffed) and in the air (although here competent staff hardly have anything to show for as short-haul catering gets axed on a regular basis). The rest is beyond any service level worth that name.
Upon reflection, I have to hard agree.. The poor LH station manager in AMS the other time helped me very competently, but he had been in the same position for hours by the time, and would still be for quite some time (I was one of the first out from the cancelled OS flight as I never got to airside by that point from Privium).
Can't fault FAs, despite what they have to serve.

Callcenter experience the other day was only decent compared to the general chaos. No clue what callcenter I reached, acccent I would place at non-specific continental, so maybe Brno. ~20 minute wait. Initially the agent talked a bit too fast, I had issues understanding, but slowed down quickly enough, when I ask to be put on specific flights, he said he would rebook me based on my tickets conditions, I replied no, this was not a voluntary change. After that his tone became quite standoffish, anyway he confered with a supervisor, then confirmed my selection and put me on hold again to have it ticketed. I offered to drop off, and call back if it doesn't get ticketed in near enough time, but again asked me to stay on the line in less than called for tone.
Don't blame too much for the attitude but I really wish I didn't have to spend useless time on hold waiting for SUP to give OK and then for ticketing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.