Wiki Posts
Search

New to Austrian

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2022, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: LXFF
New to Austrian

Flying with the familly YUL-VIE and back in a few weeks. 85% of my long haul flights have been with SWISS, 2-3 times with AC (no thanks) and 4-5 times with LH when you could redeem for F from YUL (the good old days).

I chose Austrian for the direct flight, but also because the kids are 6 & 7 and AC has a horrible layout for famillies in business. From what I can tell the seats are the same on OS as LX?

- Is there an arrival lounge in VIE?
- Is the C lounge worth in in VIE on the way back?
- Any experiences with VIE these days. Seems the flights are on time mostly.
- Any other tips for Austrian are appreciated.

Obviously we will arrive early for the YUL-VIE as YUL is a zoo these days...
Old Jul 5, 2022, 11:47 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
  1. No arrival lounge in VIE, though if you have status enough, you might persuade the dragons to let you in the NS lounge on arrival, from Canada you can reach it.
  2. C lounge is decent and I'd say worth spending time in but not worth arriving extra early for.
  3. YMMV. Of my recent flights, first leg of my outbound was cancelled, would-be second leg of my outbound was delayed 1+ hrs, second leg of return delayed 20+ minutes in the early morning. Security is notoriously unfriendly in VIE though not a mess of random wait times as in some other airports.
  4. Seats in C are same as LX so I won't bore you with a lesson on thrones and such. Catering is said to be the best of the LH group big three, so enjoy. I'll particularly recommend to try their coffee.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LXFF
Thank you Sir!
Old Jul 5, 2022, 8:47 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
C seats: same on short haul as LX, but on long haul older than LX; IFE a bit difficult to navigate with remote/cursor, better on touch screen
food can be better than LX and certainly better than LH; beverage: they serve mainly Austrian wine, but give it a try as they have improved a lot; try the Vienna Coffee specialities as said
if you like dark bread, you will love the selection; best of LH group
OS FA are in general more friendly than their colleagues on LX and certainly more than on Lufthansa
lounges in VIE are nothing special

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.