Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Taking tips from Ryanair: No more free seats at OLCI on Light Fares

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: LH SEN
More LH IT prowess at work - it looks like the fee is per booking not per passenger.

In the interest of research for the forum, I just paid 25€ for 4 pax to move seats (and to exit row seats too).

Of course, will need to double check credit card that what I was actually charged is the same - but I took a screen-shot of the LH receipt.
weero, more4less, gojko88 and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 5:13 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by hugolover
If I had a choice based on routes I would happily never set foot on a LHG aircraft if I had the choice of LO.
Being based at VIE, I've been choosing LO via WAW over direct flights on OS whenever I travel north or east since at least 2018. Much better experience than the LH Group mess.
iLied, andywaw, romans and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 7:18 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
During OLCI for two flights on a light fare (one LX, one LH) I could pick any seat I wanted including the exit row. Well, not any seat, because self-upgrade was not possible.

In MMB I already managed to select a seat for one of the return legs for free, but not the other.

Booked this one in June.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 6:58 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
OS still don't force the fee at OLCI, but they make sure to give some pretty bad seats.

The lottery this time round meant I was assigned 5B in an A320 and 30A in an E-jet. Changed to 4A both, with no immediate seatmate. Exits taken.
No Lufty due to IRROPS.
romans likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 4:51 pm

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Checked in H-30 via App and was assigned 8D and 05A on A321&A319 intra EU flights. When tried to change them, I got an error message: it is not possible to change seat now, you can do it during check-in...although I was already checking in. At the end of process I was shown seat change option for 25€ which I passed
I booked a eco light V 5 days before travel and have SEN which was added to the booking.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 1:03 pm

Programs: Swiss Senator, Flying Blue Gold, BA EC Gold, Hyatt Globalist
New seat change fee for Senators when flying Economy Lite.

Apologies if this has been covered before but I only found out recently.

Traveling on Swiss BER/HRH on the Lite fare (hand luggage only) I was always able to pick any available seat during online checkin (pre-booking seats was always a paid option).

On a flight today for the first time any change from the pre assigned seat (window, urgh) would have been a whopping €25. That is just fleecing.

Really no incentive to use LH group on short haul flights with the exception of lounge access (which in BER is truly not worth it.

The boarding groups were also pretty much ignored during boarding, Wild West out there.

And obviously, on top of everything else, as pretty much every time on this connection, the flight is 1h delayed.
hugolover and Harper50505 like this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 2:34 pm

Programs: LX M&M
Originally Posted by Mozart0815
Apologies if this has been covered before but I only found out recently.

Traveling on Swiss BER/HRH on the Lite fare (hand luggage only) I was always able to pick any available seat during online checkin (pre-booking seats was always a paid option).

On a flight today for the first time any change from the pre assigned seat (window, urgh) would have been a whopping €25. That is just fleecing.

Really no incentive to use LH group on short haul flights with the exception of lounge access (which in BER is truly not worth it.

The boarding groups were also pretty much ignored during boarding, Wild West out there.

And obviously, on top of everything else, as pretty much every time on this connection, the flight is 1h delayed.
​​​​​​
Flew yesterday from MXP to Zurich and could pick any of the available seats free of charge. No status btw.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by lx343
​​​​​​
Flew yesterday from MXP to Zurich and could pick any of the available seats free of charge. No status btw.
Which fare type? Presumably not EcoLite?
Old Aug 2, 2022, 3:08 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
This topic is already discussed here:

Taking tips from Ryanair: No more free seats at OLCI on Light Fares
Mozart0815 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 3:32 pm

Programs: LX M&M
Which fare type? Presumably not EcoLite?
Eco Light(K)
Old Aug 2, 2022, 3:33 pm

Programs: LH HON | UA 1K
Not only senators, but also HON Circle members, really sad.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 3:45 pm

Just discovered this thread and the new lovely policy on my first LX short haul in a while (since COVID I mostly switched to driving instead of flying.)

BER ZRH on a lite fare as SEN. Got auto assigned 6F and during the entire process even when talking to BER ground staff was always unable to change this without the EUR 25 ransom.

How many more things can they do to piss of their most loyal customers?

Flight was (as pretty much every time on this route) 1h late.

And still no Senator lounge in BER, only the capital city of this horrible airline group.

Wonder when the bean counters will kill the chocolate…

Next time I’ll be driving again.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by cas_de
thanks for flagging. This thread can be closed or merged then.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by cas_de
thanks for flagging. This thread can be closed or merged then.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 11:24 pm

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Just discovered this thread and the new lovely policy on my first LX short haul in a while (since COVID I mostly switched to driving instead of flying.)

BER ZRH on a lite fare as SEN. Got auto assigned 6F and during the entire process even when talking to BER ground staff was always unable to change this without the EUR 25 ransom.

How many more things can they do to piss of their most loyal customers?

Flight was (as pretty much every time on this route) 1h late.

And still no Senator lounge in BER, only the capital city of this horrible airline group.

Wonder when the bean counters will kill the chocolate…

Next time I’ll be driving again.
Welcome to the club!
Die Tickets issued before 25jun it is still possible to change seats during OCI.
On 27th June LH changed the policy and HON/SEN/FTL get nothing!
Hilarious, even for a 500€+ light fare, you cannot choose a seat!
hugolover and Mozart0815 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.