Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brazen self-upgrade - gets away with it!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2022, 10:20 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by capedreamer
LCY-FRA this morning, C is wide open, and at least 2 different Y passengers sat down in 4A (C on this flight) before being asked by the FA to show their BP and being moved to their assigned seats (5A and 6D, both Y on this flight).

Do people really expect to get away with this stuff?
The FA should have put both of them in 4A, with the seatbelt extension.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 11:25 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by hugolover
Crew think it’s one drink and that’s it and the meal is absolutely rank.
Agreed.

LO ex-WAW with Do&Co - absolutely awesome...
hugolover likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Concerto
Well I've had this happen and I've been chucked out of my seat as if I were a self upgrader, even with having that seat number printed on my BP.
I'd expect that. But at least you get to confuse them for a couple of minutes.

Originally Posted by gojko88
I got an OpUp.
So not so dumb after all.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 8:58 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by weero
I think they do - the demarcation between Biz and Coach moves all the time on these flights. I have been bumped backward on numerous occasions upon entering the gate.
If my original seat was still empty, I'd be tempted to try it, as I'd have the BP to show for....
Something related to this happened on my return flight: GVA-LCY on June 3. There was a last minute equipment change that turned row 6 from C to Y. I was originally seated in 7C (with 7A open) and, sometime within a few hours of departure, noticed in the app that I was automatically moved to 6C (with 6A still open according to the seatmap).

Upon boarding, 6C was occupied by another pax with a mobile BP that also said 6C. The FA was confused and, and after taking both our boarding passes and checking her records, suggested I just take 6A since it was open. Thankfully (for him), the pax in 6C asked if he would still get business class service, and the FA chuckled and said no. This is when I realized what must have happened and suggested he refresh his app. Indeed, it turned out he had been moved to 2D. Then he remembered he'd been given a paper BP which also said 2D. He pointed this out to the FA and was quickly moved to 2D.

I'm very surprised the FA didn't pick up on this the first time she took our BPs to check and instead tried to suggest that we just take the open 6A.
weero likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by capedreamer
..I'm very surprised the FA didn't pick up on this the first time she took our BPs to check and instead tried to suggest that we just take the open 6A.
An excellent illustration of how much the trolley dollies actually know.
capedreamer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.