Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LO/LH disruptions due to Polish ATC restrictions starting May 1, 2022

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2022, 5:23 am

Programs: Miles and More (Senator)
Originally Posted by iLied
Just so I’m clear, are these flights only taking place between 09:30AM and 5PM? I thought it might be normal operations in those hours with the list being applied out of those key hours.
Nope, only between 9:30am and 5pm and only max. one flight to/from each of the 32 listed destinations.
iLied likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 5:27 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by JD3313
Nope, only between 9:30am and 5pm and only max. one flight to/from each of the 32 listed destinations.
Thanks. If no agreement is reached it means my flights will be cancelled. But interesting that not all routes will be operated by LOT.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 6:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
I wonder if we would see a dreamliner on the LHR route if its one flight replacing the 2 LO and 3 BA flights
iLied likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 7:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Ryanair unhappy!! Ryanair claimed Tuesday it had filed a complaint to the European Commission over the legislation. It believes that the prioritized destinations list unfairly favors LOT.

Ryanair’s chief executive Michael O’Leary claimed that “the Polish government first mismanaged a pay dispute with Warsaw airport traffic controllers, and now has shown total disregard for Ryanair customers, choosing not-essentialLOT routes… at cost of key Ryanair route such as Stockholm or Milan.”
iLied likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 8:00 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
I wonder if we would see a dreamliner on the LHR route if its one flight replacing the 2 LO and 3 BA flights
It is also likely that LH will use A330/350/B740 to fly to MUC/FRA once per day
MichalB and iLied like this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by JD3313
only max. one flight to/from each of the 32 listed destinations.
No, one flight will be allowed from/to destination which is not included in the priority list, providing it doesn't interfere with flights operated from the priority list. It's all too complicated...
Marcin83 and iLied like this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 8:52 am

Programs: Miles and More (Senator)
Originally Posted by andywaw
No, one flight will be allowed from/to destination which is not included in the priority list, providing it doesn't interfere with flights operated from the priority list. It's all too complicated...
That's actually not what the regulation says (you can find the text of the regulation at dziennikustaw.gov.pl). It's even more complicated than that. The priority is as follows:

1. one flight only to/from destinations on the priority list (and taking into account their position on the priority list, i.e. LHR comes before LTN, but LTN comes before JFK, etc.);
2. other flights as long as the flight coordinator at WAW determines that such other flights are possible - this can include both flights to the destinations on the priority list and flights to other destinations.

This could also mean that destinations that are not included on the priority list would be served (and in theory they could even be served more than once per day). I guess in practice we'll have to wait and see. In any event it's going to be a HUGE mess.
MichalB and iLied like this.

Last edited by JD3313; Apr 26, 2022 at 10:11 am
Old Apr 26, 2022, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
Ryanair unhappy!! Ryanair claimed Tuesday it had filed a complaint to the European Commission over the legislation. It believes that the prioritized destinations list unfairly favors LOT.

Ryanair’s chief executive Michael O’Leary claimed that “the Polish government first mismanaged a pay dispute with Warsaw airport traffic controllers, and now has shown total disregard for Ryanair customers, choosing not-essentialLOT routes… at cost of key Ryanair route such as Stockholm or Milan.”
Ryanair complains about everything that doesn’t go their way. In the last two years they complained to the European Commission about every airline that received state aid.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The unpredictability of the strike will make it hard to maximise. Annoying...
Old Apr 26, 2022, 9:58 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Technically, it's not strike. Air space controllers did not accept new employment contracts and their current contracts expire on April 30.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I remember now...while the flex booking procedure is gone, the 24h canx policy remains in place
Old Apr 26, 2022, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
I remember now...while the flex booking procedure is gone, the 24h canx policy remains in place
We should be getting policy from LOT if this goes through.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It don't expect anything beyond the standard illegal policy for canx +/- 30 days, perhaps extended to so-called operating on the affected days

I'm talking about maximising it, its only business

I can't believe so many people are calling LOT to ask what will happen, don't they have better things to do with their time? Just wait for the canx, nothing can be done until the flights are canx. Phone lines are rammed with such pilak's calling in.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
It don't expect anything beyond the standard illegal policy for canx +/- 30 days, perhaps extended to so-called operating on the affected days

I'm talking about maximising it, its only business

I can't believe so many people are calling LOT to ask what will happen, don't they have better things to do with their time? Just wait for the canx, nothing can be done until the flights are canx. Phone lines are rammed with such pilak's calling in.
I think it’ll be more than that. From what LOT told me, it’s a standard rebooking at short notice and I suspect they will be looking at getting people to destination avoiding Poland, or put them on the limited flights in/out if necessary. Especially if their destination is off the priority list.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's been the procedure for years. You can always be booked on the first available flight if your flight is cancelled including OAL. They have an IROPS team for this.

I'm pointing out that you can rebook +/- 30 days should you not wish to travel immediately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.