Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Carry-on policing crew at OS

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2022, 1:54 am
Original Poster

Carry-on policing crew at OS

Just sitting on the tarmac and witnessing a quite surreal show here…

Yes, I know OS has been very anal about carry-on weight and size for a couple of years and have their staff in Vienna trained to hunt down anyone who dares to enter the security check lines with an overweight or oversized carry-on.

But today, they kind of raised the bar. They claim a full flight and argue with every single passenger to put as much carry-on below the seat. Of course there are more pax than FAs so now and then someone manages to slip in an extra item into the overhead bins. So, the FAs are climbing up and down the aisles to snarl at those offenders and ripping out jackets or small bags with “HOZ IS ZAT?”

Every few minutes the Purser blast through the PA “we need every bit of space in the overhead bins, place stuff below the seats”

And the only thing they achieve is to make the boarding's process even more cumbersome and slow while agitating everybody.

i have been on hundreds of full flights over the last 15 years… and yes… sometimes a few people won’t find space for their carry-ons. Well that happens. And so far all crews and airlines found a practical solution for that in no time.

Haven’t flown on OS for quite some time… is this the new normal? Quite unpleasant.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 2:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
maybe it is the PAX that are insisting in putting small bags and coats in the overheads, despite having been asked not to prior to boarding, that are causing the flight to be delayed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.